I don’t usually post anything on Thursdays, but this is the last day of June, so I figured I’d do my wrap-up post for the month today. It’s been a pretty good month, at least word-wise. There have definitely been a lot of those. Over 96,000 as of right this moment. So, how’d I do with everything? Well, let’s see:
Protecting the Heart – get to 40000 words– 47172 words Ready When You Are – get to 50ooo words– 52782 words & finished 1st draft(yeah, it was short. I’m sure I’ll add to it in revisions) Paint Me a Picture – finish 1st draft– got this done, too. A total of 36461, 10202 written this month. Shed Some Light – get to 35000 words– Just barely. 35232 words
- Break on Me – get to 30000 words – Not quite. 23172 words
- In the Moonlight – get to 25000 words – Only 19901 words on this. I haven’t worked on it yet today, but I still won’t make this.
Dance with the Devil – get to 4500 words– 5878 words. This one’s been going really well. Goin’ Down – get to 4000 words(or finish) –This was actually just under 2500 words, but the 1st draft is finished
- Snow White Twist – get to 3500 words – Only at 3009 words, but I might add more later today.
I also plotted and started writing Closing Time(Cam & Gio’s story – a Flames novella). I’m about 1500 words into it so far(just started writing yesterday).
Work on stuff as I get it back from readers– I have through Chapter 8 of Stained by Ashes back from the second beta reader. I’ve been compiling the notes into a master file, and will start revising when I have all the chapters back.
- Start read through of Come Back Down & revise – I started the read through last weekend but only got through the first chapter.
- Revise Midas’ Daughter & consider submitting – haven’t started this yet.
- Maintain regular posting schedule(Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri, Sat, Sun) & stay caught up with blog hops – I’ve done pretty well with that, though I’ve skipped a couple Monday & Tuesday posts.
RoW80 – Post twice a week; stay current with sponsor duties– Pretty sure this has been a success. And I signed up to be a sponsor again for the next round. Working on my sponsor post(though I haven’t gotten further than outlining my idea)
Listen: 7 audiobooks currently in Audible library– I’ve finished listening to 8(though there was another I didn’t finish b/c I didn’t care for it). Listening to Ice Like Fire(Sara Raasch) right now, but won’t finish it today. I’m already above my goal for the year on this one(and I used to think I’d hate listening to books being read to me)
- Read: 26 books – I’ve only finished 22, though I may finish up to 2 more today, but I’d still fall short of the goal. Still, not bad considering all the words I’ve written this month.
Read: Description(Elements of Writing Fiction) – I’m just about finished with this.I did finish after I’d typed that.
Not a bad month at all when there’s only one red item. Now, looking forward to next month:
- Protecting the Heart – finish 1st draft(or get damn close)
- Closing Time – finish 1st draft
- Shed Some Light – write 17000 words
- Break on Me – add 9000 words
- In the Moonlight – add 8500 words
- Dance with the Devil – get to 7500 words
- Snow White Twist – get to 5000 words
- Stained by Ashes – compile beta notes as they come in
- Come Back Down – read through & revise
- Midas’ Daughter – Read through once Come Back Down is finished
- Listen: 7 audiobooks in Audible library(1 from my credit, 1 was 1.99 add-on to free ebook, 2 were on sale, & 3 were read & listen from Kindle Unlimited)
- Read: 28 books
- Read: Romancing the Beat(Gwen Hayes)