Okay, the month doesn’t end until tomorrow, but I don’t post on Thursdays. I’ll do my monthly goal recap after I update this week’s progress so far. Not much going on so far for this week. My sinuses have been plugged up most of it, and yesterday throat started feeling scratchy and had moved to sore by the time I went to bed last night, at 8 p.m. Would have been earlier, but I was waiting for my daughter to fall asleep so I could turn her lamp off without a meltdown. Still not feeling great this morning, but throat doesn’t hurt as bad. Hopefully I’m feeling better by tomorrow night, or taking the little princess and firefighter around town won’t be much of a treat.
- Flames of Redemption: Fill out Character Worksheets – finished these up this morning. I could start writing now. I may just “cheat” and start counting for NaNo wherever I am on Friday. Or just wait. But, probably not. We’ll see.
- Flames of Redemption: Write 2000 words(once November starts) – Not started yet
- Read: In Bed with a Highlander(Maya Banks) & The Hunger Games(Suzanne Collins) – finished In Bed with a Highlander Monday night. Went to add the sample of the second book to my “want to buy” collection on my kindle(this list is usually how I choose what to buy next) and accidentally hit buy this book instead. So, it’s on my “to-read” list now. I started The Hunger Games yesterday. 1/3 of the way through it now.
- Knit: Celtic Knot Bag – I’ve been working on this, but don’t even have the first section, which will be the lining, done. I probably won’t finish it this week. I still have to do the pattern section(which will be the outside), the pouch and strap, as well as assembling it all.
Now for how I did for the last month:
- Finish editing Slow Revenge – This is done.
- Find a couple Beta Readers for Slow Revenge & send it out – also done
- Clean up Stained Snow & send it to critique partner – half done. CP had a health emergency and ended up in the hospital. Don’t have a problem waiting on this until she’s healthy again.
- Decide what I want to do with Healing the Heart(thinking about rewriting as novella) – brainstormed what I wanted to keep and what could change. Then, set this aside.
- Finish first draft of The Choice – Finished this back on 10/15
- Finish plotting Chasing the Ghost – I did finish this, then decided to set it aside and work on something else for NaNoWriMo with about a week and a half left in the month.
- Read 10 books(between what’s on my kindle & book sales this past weekend I have 30 waiting) – In Bed with a Highlander(which I finished Monday) marked my 10th book for the month. I’m up to 141 books read this year. I’ve raised my goal twice already. I may have just a little too much time on my hands.
- Knit: Soft Ribs sweater(add buttons), Boo Baby Bib, & Celtic Knot Bag – I finished the sweater and the bib. Working on the bag right now.
- Crochet: Easy Scarf, Cheri Hat, & Knotted Headband – finished the scarf and the hat. Haven’t gotten to the headband yet.
I did meet most of my goals for October. November’s list will be shorter since I’ll mostly be concentrating on writing.
- Write at least 50,000 words on Flames of Redemption. I’d actually like to get at least 60k, which would be an average of 2k a day. And I know I can do that.
- Possibly: Start on Slow Revenge edits if I get them back from my beta readers.
- Read: Structuring Your Novel by K.M. Weiland
- Restructure Healing the Heart
- Read: 8 books
- Knit: Celtic Knot Bag & Little Lion Sock Critter
- Crochet: Knotted Headband & Fireman Baby Booties(I found this while searching Pinterest for pictures for my Fire WiP)
Ok, I guess the list isn’t that much shorter. Of course, everything that isn’t writing will come after I get my words for the day in. That will be my first priority(of course, that really isn’t different from any other month that I’m writing or editing).