We are finally getting back to our typical routine. Well, kind of. I set my alarm for a little earlier because I knew what time I had to get the girl up, instead of letting her wake up on her own(Which, honestly, there’s usually little difference between the two). I know I woke up when it went off. I remember it going off and realizing my husband was in the bathroom. So, I started to go through the notifications on my phone while I waited for him to get out. And next thing I know, the girl is standing beside the bed. Thought she was really excited to be up so early. No, it was almost 6. Guess staying up until almost midnight reading and setting the alarm for 4 wasn’t such a great plan. And the boy was up not much later than that.
We were ready and out the door by 7. Bus was at our driveway right about 7:10. She’s ridden the same bus the last two years for k-4. The first year it came around 7:07. Last year, it seemed to be closer to 7:15.
Then, the boy and I came back to the house, got some things done, and we played most of the morning(between me switching laundry around, of course). Played with trucks, Mega Blocks, dinosaurs, tools, and his train. The train tracks with this train have a couple different colors for the pieces. So, I used them to try to get him to say his colors. He has yellow down perfectly(except none of the tracks were yellow).
Oh yeah, and Mr. Potato Head. I forgot about Mr. Potato Head. Unlike his sister, he doesn’t have a problem putting the pieces in the “wrong” spots. She always used to yell at me if I did that. “It doesn’t go there! It goes here.”
Of course, the boy does not want to take a nap today. But, he’s staying in his room okay(except for coming out saying he has to use the potty when he went right before naptime). Less than an hour now until the girl’s bus brings her home. Can’t wait to hear how her first day went(Should actually be getting on the bus in the next few minutes). As for how my week is going:
- The Choice: Write 1250 words – 601/1250. Almost halfway there. Words haven’t been crazy this week. But, that’s okay. And I can still get the other 649 in the next 2 days, I’m sure. Or Saturday if I have to.
- Slow Revenge: Read over CP’s notes and compile in Scrivener(once I get them) – nothing yet
- Chasing the Ghost: Write the 2 antagonists’ back stories – finished both of these. One Monday and the other yesterday. So, now I can move on to some other plotting.
- Read: City of Ashes(Cassandra Clare) & Unbroken(Melody Grace) – Finished City of Ashes Monday night. Downloaded and started City of Glass the same night. And finished it about 11:30 last night. Going to wait before I start the next ones. I started reading Unbroken this morning.
- Read: Story Physics – Chapters 6-10 – I’ve finished Chapter 7, so right on track for this.
- Knit: Soft Ribs Sweater – Finish – I have the body finished except for seaming the sides. I seamed the shoulders together yesterday with a three needle bind-off. Yeah, I forgot how much I hate that technique. I’ve only used it once or twice before. I need to do the sleeves, button loops, and collar then seam everything. I might still finish this week.