This weekend was the regional rally for the motorcycle club my husband and I belong to. There are stations all over the country, and even a couple outside it(in Germany and Italy, I think). This rally is for our region, though. I saw people all the way from Wisconsin and Indiana. It was held at Seven Springs, a ski resort south of Pittsburgh, Pa. We dropped the kids off with my stepdad at a campground Friday afternoon, grabbed dinner, then headed down. It was a good two hours or so from where we dropped off the kids. So, I got a good bit of reading done. 😉 Once we finally found where everyone was, we ate some pizza and chatted for a while. Then, we headed to our hotel(most people stayed at the resort, but we found a hotel nearby that was like half the cost).
Saturday morning, we headed out on a ride to the Flight 93 memorial in Shanksville. It was a beautiful ride, though a lot of twists and turns. And when we got there…it’s hard to explain. Even with people talking around us, there was a silence to the area. It was definitely sobering. I can still remember walking into my World Cultures class 11th grade and wondering why we were watching a movie, only to realize it was the news.
After that, about half the group we’d ridden with decided to go to the Quecreek Mine rescue site(In 2002, nine miners were trapped there for 4 days).
We got some lunch then took a leisurely ride back to the resort, where we still had about 3 hours before dinner. We met up with a friend and walked to the ice cream shop in the resort(which we hadn’t known was there until then). Two scoops of strawberry shortcake ice cream. Mmmmm. They had a barbeque dinner for us. Chicken and ribs, potatoes, corn on the cob, salads and fruit, and lots of desserts to choose from. It was pretty good. We headed back to our hotel around 9. I had a headache from all the noise there(lots of people) and having my contacts in for about 14 hours.
We’ll be heading home once we check out of the hotel this morning. It’s been a good weekend. But, it will be good to get back to my stuff and my routine. 🙂
- Primary: Green Hills & Smoky Fields: Book 1 – Story Toolkit – finished the third character arc worksheet 8c/18
- Secondary: Plan out weekly Story a Day offerings – Plotted 20/20 so far. On target.
- Primary: Write 45000 words on 5 main projects(
one almost complete) – 22098/45000 words Off target
- Still Burning – 2693 words
- As Brann had said in their early morning meeting today, this was more than simple vandalism.
- Whatever It Takes – 844 words
- Maybe he was just biding his time, leading them all into complacency. “I don’t want to go back to that.” She couldn’t help cycling his words through her head. “I swear it to you.” Of course, he could be lying to his mother as well. But, there’d been something in his voice, something that made the words seem genuine.
- High on Loving You – 1233 words
- Anna swallowed back all the things she wanted to say about Bill. Candace might be upset with him, but he was still her father. So, she doubted her criticism would be well-received. “You can stay here,” she assured her sister. “As long as you want. If you want to move here for good, I know someone who can help you find your own place.”
- By the Gun – 178 words
- “Then, you’re gonna die. And if you’re not out of this town in the next fifteen minutes, I’ll take care of it for him.”
- Still Burning – 2693 words
- Secondary: Write 10000 words on 10 side projects – 5121/10000 words A little off target
- Tavin & Haiwee – 74 words
Roman– 197 words
- Dougal & Shae – 113 words
- Jacob & Matthew – 57 words
- Mike & Fadil– 27 words
- Hawk – 41 words
- Sean & Braeden – 26 words
Melanie & Garren– 130 words
- Stretch: Write 50 pages on Jonas & Isaac project – 23/50 pages Off target
- Primary: Edit Stained Blood as I get chapters back – got Chapter 2 back Tuesday night. Copied comments to Scrivener for 3/3 scenes.
- Secondary: Edit Flames of Renewal when I get it back –
- Stretch: Edit Preggers short story – Polished 9/49 items
- Primary: Read 30 books – 18/30 Fell Off Target
- Of Dreams and Rust(Sarah Fine) – Started this Monday(9/4) morning. At 14%. Not sure if it’s because it’s been so long since I read the first book or what, but I find myself not really caring. So setting this aside until I finish the other books on this month’s list(or at least for the week). Then, I may try to pick it back up.
If I Should Die(Allison Brennan)– Started this Friday night. Finished it Sunday afternoon. Really enjoyed it. Love Is Murder(Allison Brennan)– Read this Sunday afternoon. This was a novella in the back of If I Should Die. I’m counting it as 2 books, since this was another 100 pages(it’s my list, I can cheat if I want. 😉 ) Enjoyed this one too. Ash & the Prince(Katie Doyle)– Started this Sunday night. Finished it Monday morning. This is one I’ve had in my ‘free’ collection for quite some time. Didn’t really get into it, but it was short, so I kept reading. Red Blooded(Caitlin Sinead)– Started this Monday morning. Finished it Monday afternoon. Enjoyed this one. Mature Content(Megan Erickson & Santino Hassell)– Started this Monday afternoon. Finished it Monday night. Oh, I loved this so much!!!!! Star Cruise: Outbreak(Veronica Scott)– Started this Tuesday morning. Finished it Tuesday night. Enjoyed it. Don’t Let Go(Jaci Burton)– Started this Wednesday morning. Finished it Thursday night. Enjoyed it.
- When Skies Have Fallen(Debbie McGowan) – Started this Friday morning. At 77%
- Secondary: Listen to 6 books – 4/6 Close to target
Beautiful Broken Rules(Kimberly Lauren)– Started this Monday morning. Finished it Wednesday morning. I liked this one okay until near the end, where the main male character got really possessive and just rather an asshole, even though he’d broken up with the protagonist. Not planning to continue the series. In Bed with the Devil(Lorraine Heath)– Started this Wednesday afternoon. Finished this Friday morning. Really enjoyed it.
- Stretch: Read 1 craft/research book – I did read a little more of The Story of the Irish Race for GH & SF.
- Primary: Post weekly Writing Wednesday,
Fiction Friday, SOCS, WeWriWa,& Sunday Summary posts – On target
- Secondary: Write & Post 25 Story a Day pieces – 19/25 written. 16/25 posted On target
- Changing History
- Birth – takes place after the end of Jonas & Isaac’s story
- Dazzling Sunset – a bit with Ian and Aidan, from my short story, Hang On.
- Looking Up – a bit of a “meet cute” for 2 new characters.
- Moving Forward – a bit of ‘after ever after’ for Jonas & Isaac(though it comes before ‘Birth’.
- Not Twins – continuation to my Preggers story, not posted
- Motive – More Jonas & Isaac, combined with Stream of Consciousness Saturday
- Breaking Rules – A quick 100 words of dialogue without quotation marks(prompt was to break some rules).
- Konner & Derek – Wrote this by hand then dictated to my phone(both methods I don’t typically use).
- Rapunzel, Rapunzel – a bit of a gender-bent modernized version of Rapunzel, featuring Konner & Derek.
- A Good Sign – more with Konner & Derek, something that happens off page in Jonas & Isaac’s story.
- Like This Forever – more of Jonas & Isaac’s story, a bit emotional
- Slanting Sunlight – continuation of Looking Up
- Never Believe – a bit with Isaac shortly after him and Jonas break up.
- End of the Party – more with Jonas & Isaac
- The Monster – A really short one(125 words)
- The News – more with Jonas & Isaac, this would be after the end of their story.
- Protect You – Continuation of The Monster. Another attempted drabble(that went over 100 words again).
- Aiding and Abetting – Happens either during Whatever It Takes or sometime after. Jared breaks a law, but with good reason(at least to his thinking).
- Stretch: Post to Patreon 4x – 2/4 – posted a monthly writing update & posted Chapter 2 of Patrick & Sarah’s story. On target