It’s the end of April, which means the end of Camp NaNoWriMo, the end of the A-Z challenge, and for me the end of 2 WiPs. Yep, two. I finished Playing with Fire on Friday. And I actually finished Staring at the Sun earlier in the week, though the last scene just went up on my blog today as the final post for the A-Z Challenge. I don’t really have much else to say here, so I’ll get right to it.
Heart of Christmas – finish Story Toolkit, Outline in scrivener–
- Still Burning –
Brainstorm, Character back stories, plot summary, through Story Toolkit: Romance Arc– Finished the protagonist sheets for both main characters, the antagonist, & supporting characters, character arc, and the romance arc. 9/22 sections for the Toolkit. I wrote another Stream of Consciousness post with these characters that gives just a hint of Jess’ issues coming into the story
Playing with Fire– Add 73000 words/ 66 scenes(some of these include bits from my Just Jot It posts in January, they may be fleshed out to scenes of their own or merged into other scenes, but I’m counting them all for right now) .– 53714 words/70 finished scenes for the month, 11270 words/15 scenes this week. I merged two planned scenes together then cut out the last 2 I had planned before the epilogue because it seemed like they wouldn’t really be needed, and I could accomplish what I had planned for them in that epilogue. I ended up about 20k below what I’d planned, but I may end up adding more during revisions.
- “I don’t give a damn about the world,” Silas said. And Jeremiah was in perfect agreement about that. “Only what we think, what we feel matters. Out there we can just all be friends or however you want to pair us up. I’ll be the third wheel to them forever if that’s what it takes. Just don’t make any of us choose in here.”
Side Projects – add 4000 words between all projects. – 5363/4000 words for the month, 1598 words this week.
- Preggers – 264 words – But, she did go in, her gaze scanning until she found Marika again. She was smiling at another woman who had a hand resting on a rather large baby bump. Something moved through Lyndi at that. She wasn’t sure if it was the sight of what her future held for her, or that smile on Marika’s face. One a part of her wished was aimed her way.
- Dougal & Shae – 114 words – Maybe if he figured that out, he’d be able to stop obsessing about it. And her. And maybe not, he thought as he saw the man walking toward the bar. *What could Shae’s brother want with him now?
- Hang On – 102 words – It bothered me probably more than it should. And definitely more than I’d ever admit. Especially to him.
- Tavin & Haiwee – 115 words – And from the rough sounds from down below, not treating the horse in the best way. It wasn’t anything unusual. And like every time he saw it, Tavin wanted to thrash the lad the way he did the horse.
- Mason & Lila – 211 words – Mason knew the truth without Brian saying anything. His father hadn’t allowed his mother to give Brian money, or he’d spent it all on alcohol over the weekend. Either way, his friend didn’t have it now. Mason took the cup of fruit from his tray and set it in front of Brian along with his spoon without a word. It wasn’t much, but he knew Brian wouldn’t accept more. *I already knew how bad Brian’s past was, and I still want to give him a big hug, and maybe a good meal.
- Midas’ Daughter – 124 words – Her boots slid slightly in the wet grass, but she managed to find her footing again. She usually didn’t come out until the sun had risen enough to dry most of the dew from the grass. But, if she’d waited longer to leave her room, she’d have to miss yet one more day of riding. And she might truly start to lose her mind.
- Patrick & Sarah – 111 words – Which meant no more trips to town until it was done. His work still wouldn’t be over, though it would be less intense then. Which would give him time for those trips. And hopefully some courting. If Sarah would have him.
- Roman – 177 words – “You have to,” she insisted. “He didn’t do anything. Please,” she said, her voice wavering on the word. “Please help him. He doesn’t deserve to rot in jail. He saw his sister murdered, isn’t that punishment enough?”
- Mike & Fadil – 145 words – Fadil Asker pulled his car into the small parking lot beside the town’s pharmacy. He looked back down at the list his mother had given to him before leaving the house. He was sure this was only the first of many errands she’d have him running. *I don’t think he’s going to mind this errand pretty soon. hehe.
- Hawk – 128 words – He cursed to himself and turned back to his bike. He didn’t know why his father had been on his mind so much lately. The man had made his feeling about Hawk clear years ago. They hadn’t had anything to do with each other since.
- Jacob & Matthew – 107 words – But, he’d needed to make sure no one saw him leave the room Matthew had rented the night before. He knew Matthew would go back to sleep and leave in a couple more hours. No one should realize they’d left the same room with so much time between.
Stained Blood – Adjust chapters(some are really long after adding new scenes in), double-check for missing details, 50 search & destroy items, send to readers– 50/50 search & destroy items(cut 1277 words). And I got it sent out.
- Snow White Twist – rename,
polish 48 search & destroy items, send to readers–I’ve already gotten it back from one of the beta readers and started going through the notes.
- Flames of Renewal – CP Edits once I get it back – Talked to CP on Sunday. She said she should have this to me this week.
- In the Moonlight – transfer from One Note to Scrivener(on two different computers) –
- Beta Read: I figured this was the best place to put this. I’ve read 15/73 chapters
A-Z posts: Draft 13 posts– 13/13 finished. 9500 words. A-Z posts: Edit 18 posts– 18/18 – All posts are scheduled to go up now! A-Z posts: Post 25 posts– 25/25 posted. You can find links to all current ones on my theme reveal post(I’m updating as they go live)
Listen: 5 books– 7/5, 3 this week Emperor’s Edge(Lindsay Buroker)– I’ve actually read all these books, but I’ve been wanting to do a re-read, so I decided to start getting them in audio(which are only $1.99 since I have the ebooks). I’ll listen to these when I finish my other audiobook for the week. Loved it as much as the times I’ve read it. Tracks of Her Tears(Melinda Leigh)– started this Monday morning. Finished it Monday afternoon. It was a short one(part of a series of novellas). Really enjoyed it. Dark Currents(Lindsay Buroker)– Started this Tuesday morning. Finished it Friday morning. This is the second book in the Emperor’s Edge series.
- A Thousand Pieces of You(Claudia Gray) – Started this Friday morning. It’s my second time listening to it. I finally got the second book in the series, and it had been a while since I listened to this one, so decided on a re-listen before I start the next one.
Read: 30 books– 30/30, 9 this week
- Hammer of the Gods(Christina Ochs) – this is book 3 in her Desolate Empire series. I got the boxed set, but I’ve already read the first 2 separately, so I jumped right to this one on my phone. I’ll read it in the between moments. I’m on Chapter 106/166(If I counted right. The chapters are labeled with POV characters’ names instead of numbers).
A Rogue by Any Other Name(Sarah MacLean)– Started this last Tuesday afternoon. Finished it Saturday afternoon. Liked it but not sure if I’d continue the series if I hadn’t bought the next two books as well at a library sale. Wild Card(Mari Carr)– Started this Sunday morning. Finished it Friday night. Enjoyed it. Causing Havoc(Lori Foster)– Started this Monday morning. Finished it Thursday night. I’ve read her other MMA-inspired books that are basically spin-offs from this one, but I’m just now getting to this original series. When You Got A Good Thing(Kait Nolan)– Started this Tuesday morning. Finished it Tuesday evening. Loved it so much. Think I’m going to love this series as much as I have her Wishful one. The Crown’s Game(Evelyn Skye) – Started this Wednesday morning. Finished it Wednesday night. Wasn’t too sure at first, but I ended up getting really into it. And the end…gah, it just ripped y heart out. The next book comes out in less than three weeks. Out of Frame(Megan Erickson)– Started this Thursday morning. Finished it Thursday evening. Loved it so much(like the rest of the series, and pretty much everything she’s written). I bought the next book right away. Going Hard(Cari Quinn)– Started this Friday afternoon. Finished it Friday evening. Enjoyed it. On the Edge of Gone(Corrine Duyvis)– Read this Saturday morning. Liked it, but didn’t feel all that drawn in. Dazzle Me(Juliana Haygert)– Read this one Saturday, too. Enjoyed it.
- Knit: Duo Cable Hat – 6 rounds of decrease done, but I ran out of yarn. and still haven’t gotten more.
Crochet: Crystal Drops Beanie–
- Loom: Newborn Loom Knit Baby Hat
And an update on how the round is going so far:
Heart of Christmas(BC Security #3.5) – finish outlining
- Still Burning(Hunter Family #4/Flames #7(?)) – Outline
- Jayla’s Story(Gilbert, Co #7) – Outline
- High on Your Love(Kurztown #6) – Outline
Playing with Fire – finish 1st draft
- Not Meant to Be – finish 1st draft
- By the Gun – finish 1st draft(I set this one aside a while ago, but hoping I can pick it back up)
- Side Projects – add 12000 words between all projects.
Stained Blood – Polish and send back to CP and to beta(if anyone else wants to read, let me know) Snow White Twist – Polish and sent to readers.Hopefully submit before the end of the round
- Dance with the Devil – Revise and start posting to Wattpad
- Flames of Renewal – Apply CP edits
- In the Moonlight – Revise
- Demons Rising – Revise
A-Z posts: Draft 13 posts, edit & format 18 posts, post 25 posts
- Story a Day: Write 31 stories
- Listen: 12 books
- Read: 90 books
- Knit: 3 projects
- Crochet: 3 projects
- Loom: 3 projects
And for May Goals:
- Still Burning – finish Outline
- Jayla’s Story(Gilbert, Co #7) – get through Story Toolkit Supporting Characters
- Not Meant to Be – Add 53000 words/28 scenes to finish 1st draft
- Side Projects – Add 4400 words between all projects
- Flames of Renewal – CP Edits
- In the Moonlight – Transfer from OneNote(on my Surface) to Scrivener(on my laptop)
- Snow White Twist – Beta edits, rename, & submit
- Dance with the Devil – read through & make revisions
- Story a Day – Write 31 stories
- Listen: 5 books
- Read: 31 books
- Knit: Duo Cable Hat