Rain, rain, rain. It’s been doing that the last several days. Supposed to for the rest of the week, too. Better than the heat, I suppose. I’ve been bouncing between projects this week. Sometimes I just can’t settle on one thing. During those times, it works better for me to just work on one thing for a short time(10 minutes usually) then switch to something else. That works better for me than trying to force my way through something when my brain just isn’t working the way I want it to. And yesterday, I got through most of my goals. I just have Nowhere to Run, Jonas & Isaac, and By the Gun to finish with.
This morning I worked on those first two. Today I’m sharing from Nowhere to Run again for WiPPet Wednesday. This happens a couple weeks after what I shared last week.
James just glanced over his shoulder then went back to handcuffing the man’s hands.” Glad to see you could make it to the party, partner.”
Tracy relaxed as she realized he didn’t mean James harm. “You know me. I can always do with an exciting party. What do we have here?”
“This man,” James said, acid dripping from his voice with that word, “was attempting to assault Ms. Blackstone. She defended herself with her keys. I’m taking him in.”
The other officer’s gaze flicked to her keys, still sticking out between her fingers, then back up to her. He gave her a nod. “Good job. Ms. Blackstone, was it?”
She nodded. “Tracy. I work in the bar. I closed up and was just heading…home.”
James jerked his head toward her. “Alone?”
“Yes, I tend to go home alone.”
“I meant closing up,” he growled. “Why would Trish have you close up all on your own.”
“I guess because she trusts me.”
“You know that isn’t what I mean. It could be dangerous. Obviously.”
James’ partner hissed out a breath. “Damn, Rudler. I’m not even attracted to women, and I know better than to say something like that.”
Tracy glanced up at him and caught his wink before he moved over and took the cuffed man from James. “I’ll take him to the waiting carriage while you remove that foot from your mouth.”
“You’re weird, Hellerman,” James said.
So, will James pull his foot out of his mouth? Wyatt just kind of popped up in this story. I don’t think he plans to go away any time soon. He has got a scene that was lagging moving again. And what nearly happened before this is a very hot button issue for James.
- Primary: Heart to Heart – finish Story Toolkit
This Week: Locations
- Secondary: Heart to Heart – Outline Act 1, List rest of scenes
Tertiary: Nowhere to Run – Outline Act 2
- Stretch: Neil & Lin(Rileys #2) – Brainstorm
- Primary: Nowhere to Run – Draft through Chapter 14/~25000 words – 18696/25000 words
- This Week: 6 scenes – Started 3/6 scenes
- Secondary: Side Projects – 5000 words – 4569/5000 words
- This Week:
Arresting Callum – Read through, edit, & proofread Hawk – 225 words– 372/225 words Jacob & Matthew – 225 words– 240/225 words
- This Week:
- Tertiary: Jonas & Isaac – 15 pages – 13.25/15 pages
- This Week: 3.5 pages – 2.42/3.5 pages
- Stretch: By the Gun – 4 Chapters – 3/4 chapters
- This Week: Chapter 4 – Started 1/3 scenes
- Primary: Short Story Collection
This Week: Goin’ Down – rewrite final scene(which will no longer be the final scene in the story).
- Secondary: Stained Blood – Beta Edits(as I get chapters back)
- Tertiary: Flames of Renewal – Proofread(once I get it back from proofreader)
- Stretch: Law of Choice – CP edits(if I get it back this month)
- Flames of Renewal
Read: 20 books– 26/20 books Playing with Fire(Avery Cockburn)– Started this Saturday afternoon. Finished it Monday afternoon.
- All for You(Laura Florand) – Started this Monday night. At 63%
Listen: 5 books– 14/5 Still the One(Jill Shalvis)– Started this Friday morning. Finished it Monday evening. All I Want(Jill Shalvis)– Started this Monday evening. Finished it Tuesday evening.
- The Hate U Give(Angie Thomas) – Started this Wednesday morning. On Chapter 5/26
- Post 5 Regular Blog Posts – 15/21 posts
- This Week:
- Fiction Friday
- Stream of Consciousness Saturday
- Weekend Writing Warriors
- Sunday Summary
- This Week:
- Post to Patreon 3 times – 2/3