Well, the end of the month, that is. And the end of NaNoWriMo. I haven’t added my words for today yet. But, I “won” on Friday with a little over 50k. And once I finish my words on Defending the Heart today, I’ll have met my goal of 11k on each of my 5 projects for the month. One of them(Stay a Little Longer), I managed over 13k on. So, I’d say it was a pretty good month. I may include my monthly update at the end of this post, but that will depend on how long this one is.
Before I get to any of that, it’s WiPPet Wednesday!! As I said above, I’m working on Defending the Heart today, so that’s what you’ll get a snippet of. Today I have 28 sentences(Taking the two 1s of the month away from the 30 for the day). Xavier was visiting with the men who taught him to fight/defend himself when he was a bullied teenager when Piers showed up at their gym. Turns out they’re also old friends of his father’s though there was a rift there. This is right after Piers leaves again.
“It’s my fault,” he said. “It’s all my fault.”
“I know,” Randy said. “But, it doesn’t make it hurt any less. The last fight with Felipe was my fault, too. And I still stomped out like a little spoiled child. Fault doesn’t always come into play.”
Xavier lifted his head from Randy’s chest. “Then, why did he have to apologize to you?”
The door creaked open, but Randy didn’t take his gaze from Xavier’s face. “Because it kills him to see me hurting. Even if I bring it on myself.”
“And my words added on to the hurt,” Felipe said before closing the door behind him. He came around in front of Xavier and leaned back against his desk. “You want to tell me what that was all about?”
Xavier shook his head and wiped his wrist over his eyes. These men had seen him at his worst and never judged him for his emotions. Still, he hated breaking down in front of them.
“I guess I’ll tell you then,” Felipe said. “He said you two served together. He is the one, isn’t he?”
Xavier knew he didn’t really need to answer that. Aside from Magdalene, these two were the only ones who knew about all his history with Piers. They were the only ones he’d felt he could confide in while he was in the Marines. And they’d been the example he’d hoped to follow when he got out.
Then, he’d been a great big coward.
“He’s the one,” Randy said, nodding over Xavier’s head. “I’d say that’s pretty obvious.”
Felipe and Randy popped up when I was writing out Xavier’s back story. It looks like they may end up being more involved in this than I’d figured on, though.
Now, for this week’s progress so far:
- Write: 12500 words(sticking with this until I see how my time range goal works out) – 7189/12500 words so far. I should have at least close to 9000 by the end of today. Going to hold off on sharing snippets until Sunday.
- In the Moonlight – 2958 words
- Stay a Little Longer – 3085 words
- Defending the Heart – 1146 words so far
- Guarding the Heart – finish polishing – making progress on this. 38/50 words on the list done. Wanted to do more but these last few(particularly ‘was’) have taken longer.
- Side Projects – Write 2000 words(since this will now include fleshing out Midas’ Daughter) – 1853/2000 words. Only one I haven’t worked on is Midas’ Daughter, and that’s mostly because I was outlining new scenes. I’m hoping to get some done on it today, though. As with the main projects, I’ll just be sharing snippets on Sunday from now on.
- Dance with the Devil – 568 words
- Snow White Twist – 624 words
- Patrick & Sarah – 185 words
- Tavin & Haiwee – 141 words
- Roman – 136 words
- Dougal & Shae – 199 words
She Can Tell(Melinda Leigh)& Soldier(Julie Kagawa) – I finished She Can Tell and enjoyed it. An hour into Soldier(out of about 11). Enjoying so far.
Finish Fatal Secrets(Allison Brennan), Right Wrong Guy(Lia Riley), Anxious Love(Sydney Aaliyah Michelle), His to Protect(Elena Aitken),Bladelore(Krista Walsh), Raptor(Lindsay Buroker), Perfect Fit(Carly Phillips), Against the Tide(Kat Martin), Honor’s Flight(Lindsay Buroker), Dare to Touch(Carly Phillips) – I finished Fatal Secrets(liked), Right Wrong Guy(really enjoyed), started Anxious Love but couldn’t get into it, finished His to Protect(liked). Then, my kindle battery nearly died, so I started Perfect Fit since it’s in paperback. Not quite halfway through that.
- A-Z Challenge – yes I know I have several months before this happens, but I’m planning now. Already have 15/26 post titles figured out. Need to finish this and start planning the posts. This one is going to be a serial in my Riders of Justice series.: Haven’t made any more progress on this since the weekend. Hopefully I’ll get to that sometime this week.
A good bit of green there and nice to see some blue. Hopefully will get rid of the red before Sunday’s update. And I’ll have my monthly update tomorrow, I guess. I still have to write out next month’s goals anyway.