So, we’ve got our first snow of the year. Yesterday when we woke up it was almost 60 degrees out. And yet they were calling for snow. Oh, it probably won’t be much, I’m thinking, and it won’t stick. This is what I woke up to this morning:
Looks like winter is here after all. And I’ve got the first of our Christmas presents ordered and one box received. I love online shopping. Still waiting on another box and our kids gifts will be taken care of(other than new pajamas and stocking stuffers). Still have to get the nieces’ and nephews’, but I’m planning on taking care of that this week.
The writing has felt kind of stop and go this week. Tuesday I ran out of steam partway through my main projects. So, I adjust my daily goals on them. Then, the same thing happened Friday. Instead of trying to push through I just set it aside and Saturday morning, I got those ones finished. Part of Saturday’s words came from my SOCS post. So, I still managed to meet my writing goal for the week.
Write 12500 words– 13836/12500 words. Definitely a win!
- Defending the Heart – 2550 words – The other man was studying him close, though, and he was sure he could see it. He ignored that feeling, the way it seemed to crawl over his skin. Don’t see me, don’t see me, don’t see me. It had been his mantra throughout school, and even now, it could be hard to break away from that.
- Crash and Burn – 3290 words – “So,” he said, “your dad’s a firefighter but you refuse to date one. What does he think of your discrimination?”
She laughed at that, that loud laugh that brought the attention of tables around them. Most smiled but a few scowled at them. As if them having a good time would ruin their dinners. Jaya didn’t seem to even notice, though.
“He’s well aware of that vow. He’s part of it. I remember his crazy shifts and how they affected us as a family. For Mom it probably wasn’t too bad, because she could have crazy shifts, too. And the worrying was constant. Plus, I work with the dirty bastards. I know what they’re like, and with few exceptions, I wouldn’t want to date them.” *part of this scene(which ended up very long), came from Closing Time, as the two stories overlap for a bit. I just rewrote it from Brann’s POV
- Not Meant to Be – 2611 words – He saw the boy grab Jonas’ hand and squeeze, the wide bracelets around his wrists clank together. His nails were short but painted a soft blue. “It’s okay, Jo,” he said, smirking back across the table. “I think I can handle an interrogation. Especially on a full stomach. The enchiladas were delicious, Mrs. Pedera.”
Toby just barely held back a laugh. The kid was pretty charming. His mother smiled at the boys. “Thank you. I’ll clean up while you two chat. Tobias, you can help me.”
Ah, crap. That usually meant he was in trouble.
- Stay a Little Longer – 2849 words – Maybe she just wasn’t cut out to be in a relationship with someone. She had her children, and she had to be content with that. *Oh, Jess. Just wait a few more scenes 😉
- In the Moonlight – 2536 words – I felt the relief drain everything else away for the moment. She wasn’t just going to leave me there. I don’t know why I’d thought it, even for a second.
Healing the Heart – proofread & format– done & done & uploaded to Amazon, Kobo, and B&N where it’s now available for pre-order. It will release on 12/2. Side Projects – Write 1500 words– 1908/1500 words. I got most of these on Wednesday.
- Dance with the Devil – 552 words – We barely even made it through the doorway. Then, his mouth was on mine again, and he had me pressed to the wall right next to the door. Holy shit. My engine was revving so much I was about to overheat.
- Snow White Twist – 523 words – No. The word kept bouncing around my head. That look, that touch, could only mean one thing. “No.”
- Patrick & Sarah – 208 words – He blew out a long breath, which seemed to hold more than his share of frustration. She almost smiled. [xx] had often made that sound around her, too. *Sarah apparently has a talent for frustrating the men who care about her 🙂
- Tavin & Haiwee – 158 words – She sensed her brother bristle at that. He might be called Great Eagle, but he sometimes acted more like a porcupine. But, she could sense his concern, and it warmed her.
- Roman – 217 words – Carlos’ hands instantly turned into tight fists, and from the way he started to shake, Roman thought he might just break apart into little pieces. But, when he looked up into the boy’s eyes, they looked like they were what would shatter. His sister. For a moment, Roman had forgotten that Adriana was Carlos’ little half-sister.
- Dougal & Shae – 250 words – “Move,” she snapped at him, “or I’ll put you in handcuffs, too.”“Do ya promise?” the man asked, quirking a brow at her. *and now I see where their daughter(Caitie) ends up getting her lack of a filter from.
Listen: Kissing Under the Mistletoe(Marina Adair), The Perfect Game(J. Sterling), & It Had to Be Love(Tamra Baumann)– I finished Kissing Under the Mistletoe and really enjoyed it. Started The Perfect Game and was really annoyed with it, so set it aside within the first 15 minutes. Then, started It Had to Be Love. I really enjoyed this for the most part, except *of course* the antagonist/crazy abusive ex is mentally ill. I started Furious(T.R. Ragan), but just didn’t really care, so set it aside after an hour. Then, I listened to She Can Run(Melinda Leigh) and again really enjoyed the story, though I had issues with the antagonist’s motivation. Now, I have Now That It’s You(Tawna Fenske) queued up and ready to start listening.
Controlled Burn(Shannon Stacey), Lover Awakened(J.R. Ward), Lucky Charm(Carly Phillips), Playing for Her Heart(Megan Erickson), Fall Fast(Zoe York), Risking It All(Tessa Bailey), Fame & Obsession(Cora Kenborn),& Lead Me On – Finished all of these but Lead Me On. I just started it last night. I really enjoyed Controlled Burn(hello, hot firefighters. What not to like. ;)). Had some issues with Lover Awakened, but it picked up about halfway through. Lucky Charm was *eh*. If I didn’t already have the other two books in the series, I may not have finished it. Loved Playing for Her Heart and enjoyed Fall Fast. Really enjoyed Risking It All(which I hadn’t realized was a spin-off from her Line of Duty series until I recognized a couple characters from that one). And really enjoyed Fame & Obsession.
Finish Wheatfields dishcloth& Polly Wolly Doodle hat – I finished the dishcloth on Tuesday and got the hat started.
A lot of blue for this week and almost no red. I like seeing that. Now, for next week:
- Write – 10000 words(cutting it back because of the holiday)
- Guarding the Heart – Polish
- Side Projects – Write 1500 words
- Listen: Now That It’s You(Tawna Fenske), I may pick Furious back up if I finish before I get my next credit on Friday.
- Read: Finish Lead Me On(Victoria Dahl), If I Didn’t Care(Kait Nolan), Fly With Me(Chanel Cleeton), Rise of the Storm(Christina Ochs), To One Hundred(Melissa Blue), Fatal Secrets(Allison Brennan), Right Wrong Guy(Lia Riley), Anxious Love(Sydney Aaliyah Michelle), His to Protect(Elena Aitken), Bladelore(Krista Walsh), Raptor(Lindsay Buroker), & Perfect Fit *I know it’s a lot, but I need to read 1.5 books a day to get back on track for this month’s goal. It may not happen, but Thursday should be a big reading day. Hopefully at least.
- Knit: Finish Polly Wolly Doodle Hat