Yesterday was the halfway point through the month, and NaNoWriMo. And I’m more than halfway to the 50000 word goal. So, I should probably remind myself of that when I worry about losing steam halfway through my goal for the day(yesterday). Sometimes that’s just the way things go.
Hoping today will go better, though. I’ve already added words on two of my projects. Almost time to get the kids off to school then I should be able to get even more.
It’s Wednesday, which means it’s time for another WiPPet snippet. You can head over here to read some more. Today I’m sharing from Stay a Little Longer, the next in my Kurztown series. You may recognize Erik from some of the snippets I shared from Break on Me. He just kind of popped up in this scene yesterday and wouldn’t go away. Terrall was also in an earlier story, but I’m not sure I ever shared any snippets he was in. Today I have 9 paragraphs(1+1+1+6)
“Erik,” someone called from not far ahead, and the man turned his head. “There you are,” the woman said. “Gabriel was starting to get worried that you weren’t back yet.”
The man–Erik apparently–rolled his eyes before turning to the woman. “I thought he was my roommate, not my granny. You told him the last time I said that, right?”
The woman smiled and shook her head. “You know I didn’t. He wanted to come after you himself, but, well, you know.”
Obviously he did, but Terrall had no idea what they were talking about. But, Erik wrapped his arm around the woman’s waist. “See,” he said, addressing Terrall again. “Don’t need a ride when I’ve got friends worried about me. This is Lora, my roommate’s girlfriend. Lora, this is…I didn’t get your name, actually.”
“Terrall. I was actually headed into the bed and breakfast.”
For some reason, Erik smiled at that. “Looks like I’ll be making you breakfast in the morning then.”
Lora laughed and slapped a hand against his chest. “You’re terrible, Erik. He thinks you’re coming onto him.”
Terrall thought she was someone else’s girlfriend, but she was acting pretty intimate with Erik as well. Maybe the two men didn’t only share a house.
“Maybe I am,” Erik said with a wink.
Oh, Erik. Up to his old tricks of flirting with, well, pretty much anyone who breathes. Unless some other character starts yelling at me in the meantime, I have one more to write before I can finally get to his.
Now, as for how the week is progressing:
- Write 12500 words – 7279/12500 words.
- Defending the Heart – 776 words – “You’re an idiot,” Felipe said. “he doesn’t hate you, not even close. It was written all over his face when you were looking at each other, and if you can’t see it, you are an idiot.”
- Crash and Burn – 1310 words – Jaya laughed at that, turning toward him, and catching heat filling his gaze. She had the sudden urge to kiss him but reeled it back. They’d barely even gotten started on their first date. It was much too soon for that.
- Not Meant to Be – 1692 words – The lieutenant’s eyes narrowed slightly at that. “Not a lot shakes you up, Pedera. What is she to you?” Toby’s gaze dropped to his hands. “Nothing,” he said softly. “I’ve known her a long time, though. I don’t want to see her hurt.”
- Stay a Little Longer – 1861 words – She smiled even though his voice sounded gruff. She knew he was just a big softie. Especially now that the dog plopped his butt down on the floor with one look from Doren and stared up at him with adoring eyes. She laughed when Doren pulled a small treat out of his pocket and the dog took it almost daintily from his fingers.
- In the Moonlight – 1640 words – Oh, yuck. He really thought a lot of himself. “That’s never going to happen,” I insisted, but his smile only got wider at that. Apparently he was one of those creeps who thought ‘no’ meant a girl was playing hard to get. Yeah, not the case here. “And you’re never getting this house. I don’t even have any plans at the moment to list it for sale.”
- Healing the Heart – proofread & format – I proofread through Chapter 22/34. I’m hoping to be through all of it by tomorrow.
- Side Projects – Write 1500 words – 555/1500 words. Worked a little bit on all of them yesterday.
- Dance with the Devil – 104 words – I stopped thinking about that when Hawk snaked an arm around my waist as we neared the porch and pressed a kiss to the back of my neck. I wanted him so bad right then. But, there was no way we could do this right here.
- Snow White Twist – 100 words – Then, one of the steps around the corner creaked. She went instantly on alert. What if the queen had been here when the brothers came back? She knew they could take care of themselves, but they wouldn’t be any match against that evil woman’s magic.
- Patrick & Sarah – 73 words – Sarah felt her hand start to tremble, and she wrapped it around the handle of her basket so he hopefully wouldn’t notice. She couldn’t help but wonder what else they had told him about her. She was well aware what everyone thought, even though she hadn’t had a man in her bed since [xx] died.
- Tavin & Haiwee – 64 words – Haiwee couldn’t take her eyes off the red man. Tavin, she reminded herself. It was different, a lot of hard edges to it. He looked like his name, his face sharp edges and hard lines. But, when he spoke, it was all soft rises and gentle drops. She thought that fit him more.
- Roman – 80 words – With each question, Carlos seemed to get more agitated. The guard pushed away from the wall, but Roman didn’t want his time with the boy to be cut short. He needed some answers.
- Dougal & Shae – 134 words – Shae lifted an eyebrow, and Donovan leaned over her shoulder. “He’s Scottish,” he said as way of an explanation. *this is the only one I’ve met my goal on this week. I may continue working on it anyway since these characters seem to have a lot to say.
Kissing Under the Mistletoe(Marina Adair), The Perfect Game(J. Sterling),& It Had to Be Love(Tamra Baumann) – I finished Kissing Under the Mistletoe and really enjoyed it. Started The Perfect Game and was really annoyed with it, so set it aside within the first 15 minutes. Then, started It Had to Be Love and have listened to all but an hour of it. Really enjoying it.
Controlled Burn(Shannon Stacey),Lover Awakened(J.R. Ward), Lucky Charm(Carly Phillips), Playing for Her Heart(Megan Erickson), Fall Fast(Zoe York), Risking It All(Tessa Bailey), Fame & Obsession(Cora Kenborn), Lead Me On(Victoria Dahl) – I finished Controlled Burn and really enjoyed it. Started Lover Awakened and Lucky Charm and both are kind of “eh” so far. I don’t know exactly what it is. But, I decided to start a new book for each day, even if I haven’t finished the one from the day before. Then, if I finish that day’s I’ll go back and pick up what I’d been reading before. We’ll see how this goes. I’ll probably abandon it if a book really pulls me in. Which I started Playing for Her Heart this morning, and Megan’s books are usually ones that yank me in.
Finish Wheatfields dishcloth& Polly Wolly Doodle hat – I finished the dishcloth yesterday. I’ll be starting the hat later today probably.