Today is the official end of Round 2 of the A Round of Words in 80 days challenge. I’ve been participating in this challenge for a few years now(actually I just looked back and my first post was written on July 3, 2011, so almost exactly 6 years now). I only had 4 goals back then for the round. Wow, things have changed. 😉
Heart of Christmas(BC Security #3.5) – finish outlining Still Burning(Hunter Family #4/Flames #7(?)) – Outline
- Jayla’s Story(Gilbert, Co #7) – Outline – I’m about halfway through the Story Toolkit on this one. I’m hoping to finish it next week. And then I can start writing in July.
- High on Your Love(Kurztown #6) – Outline – About halfway through the Story Toolkit on this, too. I’ll be working on it more tomorrow. If I don’t finish then, I shouldn’t have a problem meeting this goal by the end of the month.
Playing with Fire – finish 1st draft Not Meant to Be – finish 1st draft
- By the Gun – finish 1st draft(I set this one aside a while ago, but hoping I can pick it back up) – not even close, though I have picked it back up and added almost 9500 words to it.
Side Projects – add 12000 words between all projects.– 30340/12000 words. I’d managed this partway into May.
I also started writing on Heart of Christmas(9088) & Still Burning(7851).
Stained Blood – Polish and send back to CP and to beta(if anyone else wants to read, let me know)– Done, Done, and I’ve gotten through Chapter 1 back from beta(CP sent me an email with thoughts but no actual changes)
- Snow White Twist –
Polish and sent to readers. Hopefully submit before the end of the round – Done & Done and have it back from both. One final polishing round & I plan to submit. Hopefully this weekend. Dance with the Devil – Revise and start posting to Wattpad– Done and in progress.
- Flames of Renewal – Apply CP edits – still waiting to get this back.
- In the Moonlight – Revise – I’ve gone through the first round of revisions and added 4823 words to it. Plan to start read through and more revisions in July then it will be ready to send to CP.
- Demons Rising – Revise – Nothing here. Think I’ll send as-is to CP. There’s a lot going on in this one, and I’m afraid it’s too much. But, I don’t know what thread to cut because they all continue through the next books in the series, too.
A-Z posts: Draft 13 posts, edit & format 18 posts, post 25 posts– got all these done with at least a few days to spare. Story a Day: Write 31 stories– Got all these written. Really enjoyed it, too.
Listen: 12 books– 16/12
- Read: 90 books – 86/90 – Unless I count the individual stories in the Hiding Behind the Couch box set, which would put me up to 90. I should also have at least 2 more books read by the end of the week.
- Knit: 3 projects – 1/3
- Crochet: 3 projects -1/3
- Loom: 3 projects – 0/3
It was a pretty good round overall. There’s a lot of blue there, and a good bit of green. Some red, but that’s not too bad. I’ll be figuring out the next round(and July’s) goals out next week, but until then I’ll keep writing and editing and plotting.