I was sick over the weekend, but feeling a lot better now. And thankful I don’t get sick like that very often(it’s been a few years). I’d been hoping to get my hair cut, but sitting there while not sure if I was going to throw up again, wasn’t high on the list. So, that still hasn’t happened. Maybe this weekend when we go in to get our new glasses. The boy will be getting his first pair. He’ll just need to wear them for reading and doing school work.
For now, though, it’s WiPPet Wednesday time! Which means it’s time for more Jonas & Isaac. I’m now sharing from the second notebook of the story. I’m using composition books, so there’s 200 pages, though I’d used them for other things, so there are some pages missing. Still, I may be finished by the time I reach the end of this notebook. This picks up shortly after last week’s. 24 sentences(3+21).
“I hate you seeing me like this. Everyone, really, but especially you.”
Isaac’s hands stilled for a moment then he continued massaging the shampoo into Jonas’ hair. He felt the moan move through the other man and smiled to himself. Jonas had always liked this, whether there was shampoo involved or not.
“You saw me at some of my lowest moments,” he reminded Jonas. “And you never made me feel ashamed for needing any help. Why should it be any different for you?” Isaac rinsed the shampoo out of Jonas’ hair then ran a thumb down the scar on his face. “If my scars don’t define me, this doesn’t define you.”
“It’s different.” Jonas ducked his head.
“It isn’t.” Isaac moved and crouched down in front of him, the water now blasting his back. He laid his hand just below Jonas’ knee. “Losing this doesn’t make you any less.” He pressed his lips just above his hand.
He felt Jonas’ hand on the back of his head then his rough voice said, “Get up, Is.”
Isaac looked up, but those shadows had left Jonas’ eyes. “Thanks,” Jonas said then leaned forward to press his lips to Isaac’s. Water fell over them, and they broke apart, sputtering. “We should finish and get going.”
They did, but Isaac kept a close eye on Jonas, hoping that darkness didn’t fall over him again. He just wished he knew what to do if it did.
Unfortunately Isaac, I don’t think there’s a lot you can do. Jonas just may have to realize that just because he’s used to be the one taking care of others, doesn’t mean he can’t accept some of that now.
Finished/Monthly Goal Met Weekly Goal Met
Primary: Outline Act 4 of High on Loving You– Secondary: Outline Act 1 of Green Hills & Smoky Fields2–
- Tertiary: Outline Nowhere to Run(James & Tracy – Gilbert #8) – finished 2/18 sheets for Story Toolkit, starting on sheet 3
- Stretch: Brainstorm Erik & Jeff(Kurztown #7)
- Primary: High on Loving You – 1st draft – 9657/~35000 words, 1549 this week
- Secondary: Side Projects – 5000 words – 1776/5000 words I’m doing this a little differently this month. Working on the one I plan to post to Patreon, then I’ll start on the others.
- Melanie & Garren – 1776/~1500 words, 351 this week
- Tertiary: Jonas & Isaac – 15 pages – 7.5/15 pages
- Stretch: By the Gun – 2500 words
- Primary: Stained Blood – Beta edits as they come in –
- Secondary: Flames of Renewal –
Finish edits & polish. Find beta readers – Now I’m looking for beta readers. This is the second book in the series, there are references to book 1, but you could probably read it without having read it(and it would be good to know if anything is too confusing if you haven’t read the first). This one is about James, a fire investigator, who is finally getting a second chance at love, and Teresa, who is also trying to start over. If anyone’s interested in reading it, let me know.
- Tertiary: Edit short stories for 2(maybe) collections(not submissions, my own collections) – Gathered all the bits of stories together, read through ‘Mistaken Meeting’, started edits. have added 234 words.
- Stretch: Law of Choice – send to CP – have a message to her to see if she’s ready for it.
- Primary: Read 20 books – 12/20
- Fall of the Titan(Christina Ochs) – Carrying this one over from January. At 45%.
- Until We Touch(Susan Mallery) – Started this last Tuesday afternoon. On page 108/376
- Blood of Ashlin(Rachel O’Laughlin) – Started reading this Thursday afternoon. At 13%
- Apprentice in Death(J.D. Robb) – Started reading this Friday afternoon. On page 215/343
- Beauty and the Geek(Sidney Bristol) – Started reading this Monday afternoon. At 38%.
Finn Again(R.G. Alexander)– Started reading this Tuesday afternoon. Finished it Tuesday night. Enjoyed it.
- Secondary: Listen 5 books – 6/5
Lion in the Valley(Elizabeth Peters)– Picked this back up Monday morning. Finished it Sunday afternoon. Had its up and down moments, but ended up enjoying it. Sweet Seduction(Maya Banks)– Started this Monday morning. Finished it Monday afternoon. Enjoyed it.
- Indigo(Beverly Jenkins) – Started this Tuesday morning. On Chapter 8/23
- A Lot Like Love(Julie James) – Started this Wednesday morning. On Chapter 6/33.
- Primary: Post 5 regular weekly posts – 13/23
- Secondary: Post to Patreon 3 times – 1/3
- Tertiary: Draft 24 A-Z posts – 17/24
- Stretch: Edit 27 A-Z posts – 14/27
- Knit: Dunfallandy Baby Blanket – Triangle 7: 33/33, Triangle 8: 33/33 rows, seamed the 4 squares together.