Well, I managed to survive all the socialness of the last weekend. On Sunday, I mentioned the boy dancing at the festival Friday night. I finally managed to get the video up.
I took Monday mostly off, which seems to be working well for me. I did finish curating a master character list for my Flames series. Fourteen stories so far and about 190 characters. Some of those only show up in one story. Next week I’ll be moving on to the Gilbert, Co series, updating the timeline and starting the character list.
Tuesday I made it through almost all my writing goals for the week: Drafting, editing, plotting, & side projects. The only ones I had left were Jonas & Isaac and By the Gun. I finished the goal for J&I this morning. So, I’m on to By the Gun now.
So, that’s what I’ll be sharing from for this week’s WiPPet Wednesday. I have the first 11 paragraphs of Part 3 this week. I just wrote this last week, so it’s still rough. The last time I shared from this, we were in Alejandro’s POV. Part 3 is mostly from Carlos'(Alejandro’s younger brother) POV.
“We cannot keep meeting out here this way,” Catherine said.
But, Carlos was shaking as he stared at her. Months had gone by. Months and he was wondering if he was even seeing the real person. “Did you know?” he demanded.
“Know what?” she asked, sliding down from the saddle and moving toward him.
He pulled slightly on his horse’s reins, making his horse take a step back. “Just tell me,” he demanded.
She shook her head. “I don’t know what you’re talking about. My father is getting suspicious, though. I barely escaped notice by his men tonight. We are going to have to stop for a while.”
They might have to be stopping for good. Thank the Christ all they had ever done was talk and kiss. If more had passed between them, the betrayal might be even harsher. “Did you know?” he asked again. “Did you know your father paid men to teach my father a lesson? Which apparently included killing nearly his whole family. Did you know all that destruction was started by your father’s wounded pride?”
Catherine stared at him, color draining from her face. “No,” she finally said. “You have to be wrong. Father would not do something like that. He wanted to work with your father on something, some kind of partnership. But, he wouldn’t have done that just because he said no.”
“You said it yourself when we first met,” he reminded her. “No one tells him no and walks away unscathed. You can’t tell me you didn’t know.”
“Yes,” she said, “I can. I know Father can be ruthless in business, but even he would not go this far.”
She seemed to actually believe that, but Carlos couldn’t make himself trust that. He forced his horse back another step. He’d been reeling since Alejandro had told him what Patrick had said before their gunfight almost two weeks ago. And to think, he’d still been coming out here to see Catherine when his brother could have been dying. Because of something her father put into motion. He was such an idiot.
“I won’t be coming back out here,” he told her. “And I’m not going to let your father take the rest of my family from me. I can’t believe I let myself start to fall for you.”
Uh oh. Who is right? Will Carlos regret his actions?
- Primary: Heart to Heart – finish Story Toolkit
This Week: Romance Arc
- Secondary: Heart to Heart – Outline Act 1, List rest of scenes
- Tertiary: Nowhere to Run – Outline Act 2
- Stretch: Neil & Lin(Rileys #2) – Brainstorm
- Primary: Nowhere to Run – Draft through Chapter 14/~25000 words – 9731/25000 words
This Week: Write 4 scenes –Finished 4/4 scenes
- Secondary: Side Projects – 5000 words – 2762/5000 words
This Week: Arresting Callum – 250 words– 264/250 words Hawk – 250 words– 363/250 words Jacob & Matthew – 250 words– 384/250 words
- Tertiary: Jonas & Isaac – 15 pages – 6.25/15 pages
This Week: 3 pages– 3.25/3 pages
- Stretch: By the Gun – 4 Chapters – 1/4 chapters
- This Week: Chapter 2– Finished 0/2 scenes
- Primary: Short Story Collection
This Week: Bree & Jenny – 1 scene
- Secondary: Stained Blood – Beta Edits(as I get chapters back)
- Tertiary: Flames of Renewal – Proofread(once I get it back from proofreader)
- Stretch: Law of Choice – CP edits(if I get it back this month)
- Flames of Renewal
- Read: 20 books – 13/20 books
Heart Seeker(Juliana Haygert)– Started this Sunday morning. Finished it Sunday evening. Winter’s Heat(Cristin Harber)– Started this Sunday evening. Finished it Sunday night.
- Unraveled(Lindsay Buroker) – Started this Monday morning. At 56%
Red Hot Christmas(Debbie McGowan)– Started this Tuesday morning. Finished it Tuesday evening.
Listen: 5 books– 7/5 Yours Forever(Farrah Rochon)– Started this Monday morning. Finished it Monday afternoon.
- Animal Magnetism(Jill Shalvis) – Started this Tuesday morning. On Chapter 24/26
- Post 5 Regular Blog Posts – 7/21 posts
- This Week:
- Fiction Friday
- Stream of Consciousness Saturday
- Weekend Writing Warriors
- Sunday Summary
- This Week:
- Post to Patreon 3 times – 1/3
This Week: What I’m Working On