The kids went back to school yesterday. Loving the quiet in the house during the day.
Still working on settling into a routine that works for me. Right now, I’m working on writing goals first thing in the morning, those will shift slightly starting tomorrow since I’ll be moving back to a focus on drafting, though I’ll still be doing some editing and plotting. I’ve been working my way down my to-do list and if I finish everything for the day early, I start on the next day’s goals. So far this week, I’ve been doing good at staying ahead.
It’s Wednesday, so time for another WiPPet snippet! I believe last week I said I was sharing the last snippet from Shed Some Light. Well, I guess I was lying. Since it’s the last thing I was working on(besides polishing Stained by Ashes), I’ll have some more of it for you this week. I have 12 paragraphs today(8+3+1=12). Carlos is just realizing Tereza is in some trouble. And Toby shows up.
“She said she wanted to clear her name, from the ethics issue and any connection to Damon or Brent’s deaths.”
“Bullshit,” Carlos spat the word. “She doesn’t give a damn about this. She knew I wanted to go after Maxton. She was trying to do this before I did.”
I know,” Toby said softly. “I also know Kogan put it out that he wanted to get his hands on her. I warned her.”
“He’s got her,” Carlos said. “I went there, and he taunted me with it. I couldn’t believe she’d let herself get caught by him, though. I told myself she wouldn’t go anywhere near him. How could I be so stupid?”
Toby reached out to put a hand on Carlos’ shoulder but seemed to think better of it at the last moment. Probably a good idea. Carlos wasn’t sure just what it would take to make him snap.
“Go home, Carlos,” Toby said, already pulling his phone out. “I’ll get her.”
“No,” Carlos said, pushing away from the door. “He already has her. Who knows what he’s already done to her.” He’d said his men had orders not to hurt her. That wouldn’t apply to Maxton himself, though. ‘I have to get to her.”
“No,” Toby said sharply. “You have to leave this to us. Otherwise I’ll be pulling you both out of there.”
“I can’t let anything happen to her.”
“I’m already calling it in. Just leave it to us, Carlos.”
“No,” he said, brushing past Toby. “I’ve let her down too many times already. I can’t do it again.”
Toby swore behind him, but Carlos was already jogging down the steps. He didn’t care. All that mattered was getting to Tereza. Getting her safe. He’d worry about the consequences later.
Uh oh. Not looking too good, is it?
On to my progress on the last of my goals for August. I’ll have separate goals for the rest of this week at the end of this post.
Write 3000 words– 3275 words/3000 words. All on Shed Some Light – He heaved out a breath, but could hardly drag in any more air. And fuck, it hurt.
- Stained by Ashes – Polish – I’ve made it a good way through the list of words to search for. Shouldn’t have a problem finishing it this week.
Defending the Heart – finish outlining– just finished this yesterday. Can’t wait to start writing Side projects – add 1200 words– 1637/1200 words.
- Dance with the Devil – 1071 words – “It’s not gonna be a smooth ride, but I’ll get you back as fast as I can. Just hold on to me, Damon,” he said, his voice cracking. “Don’t let go. Please don’t let go of me.”
- Snow White Twist – 566 words – She could have sworn she’d seen her stepmother’s face in the water. Tarian must be rubbing off on her. Now, she was seeing danger in every shadow. It’s not the way she’d like Tarian to rub on her.
Read: Writing Vivid Characters – finish– finished this yesterday Listen: Rough Justice(Sarah Castille)– finished listening to this. Another one that left me with mixed feelings. Not sure if I’ll continue the series. Started listening to A Rogue Not Taken(Sarah MacLean), which I’m really enjoying.
Radio Silence(Alyssa Cole), Summer Nights(Susan Mallery),Summit of Seduction(Elena Aitken) – finished Radio Silence(really enjoyed) & Summer Nights(enjoyed). About 25% through Summit of Seduction.
Now, as it’s the end of the month, I’ll be evaluating my progress for that, too.
Defending the Heart – Finish Outline– As I said above, this is done
Protecting the Heart – 5000 words or finish 1st draft– 5828 words and finished 1st draft
- Closing Time – 5000 words – 3727 words/5000 words
Shed Some Light – 5000 words– 10411 words/5000 words
- Break on Me – 5000 words – 1893 words/5000 words
- In the Moonlight – 5000 words – 2584 words/5000 words
Dance with the Devil – get to 15000 words– got to over 17000 words Snow White Twist – get to 10000 words– got to over 11000 words
Stained by Ashes: Compile beta notes, start revisions– done & done & on final polish Healing the Heart: finish CP revisions– done & started polishing to send to betas(which I’m still looking for if anyone’s interested)
- Guarding the Heart: Finish 1st revisions – haven’t even started
Come Back Down – Finish polishing– done Midas’ Daughter – Read Through & Revise– done & done & submitted
Listen: 8 audiobooks(already in my audible library)– listened to 9/8 audiobooks
- Read: 25 books – read 22/25 books(should be 23 by the end of the day)
Read: Writing Vivid Characters(Rayne Hall)– finished this
Overall, it was a pretty good month. Now, looking forward to the next month.
- Toby & Denise(Gilbert, CO #6) – Outline
- Jess & Terrall(Kurztown #5) – Outline(you may have seem me mention the idea I wrote scenes for in my head while on the motorcycle. That’s this one)
- Write 30 stories for Story a Day
- Shed Some Light – finish 1st draft
- Closing Time – add 17,000 words or finish 1st draft
- Break on Me – add 9000 words
- In the Moonlight – add 11000 words
- Defending the Heart – add 11000 words
- Dance with the Devil – add 3000 words
- Snow White Twist – add 4000 words
- Patrick & Sarah – add 500 words
- Tavin & Haiwee – add 500 words
- Roman – add 500 words
- Stained by Ashes – finish polishing & publish
- Healing the Heart – Send to betas
- Guarding the Heart – Revise
- Goin’ Down – Revise & submit
- Listen: 9 audiobooks
- Read: 25 books
- Read: Writing Active Hooks – Books 1 & 2(Mary Buckham)
As for the rest of this week:
- Write 6000 words
- Stained by Ashes – finish polishing
- Toby & Denise – finish brainstorming, start back stories
- Side Projects – add 600 words
- Read: Writing Active Hooks: Book 1 – 20%
- Listen: The Rogue Not Taken(Sarah MacLean) & Lord John and the Private Matter(Diana Gabaldon)
- Read: Finish Summit of Seduction(Elena Aitken), The Night We Said Yes(Lauren Gibaldi), Service with a Smolder(Eliza Madison), & Winter Court(SM Reine)