It’s been a dreary, rainy week so far. But, I’ve been getting stuff done. And yet, I feel like I’m not getting much of anything done. Which could be because I’m spreading myself out between so many projects. I had added the sequel* to Duty to Protect as well as the sequel* to Stained Snow to my list to start working on. Didn’t feel like too much of a problem, but still I felt stretched out between everything. And keep thinking I could get more done if I focus on one or two things at a time. I’ve tried doing this before, and usually end up going back to too many things at once. But, for May, I’m going to attempt it again. I did read through 25% of Healing the Heart(DtP sequel) & just about finished with back stories for Adam’s Story(untitled Stained Snow sequel). I’m going to finish that last back story before I set it aside. The way I reworked my schedule/deadlines, it looks like I’ll be working on that for NaNo, although that might change. Once I send one out to CP, beta readers, etc., I’ll move on to the next. And probably end up juggling a couple. And of course, I may end up changing the schedule again by June. I really need to switch to a digital calendar and save on white out. 😉
It’s Wednesday which means WiPPet time! Another one from Flames of Redemption this week. 1 paragraph(10 sentences = 30-4-2-14) from Chapter 3.
Adrian Riley pushed back from his desk as he finished up his report on the case he had just closed. It was sent off to the captain, so there wasn’t much else to do. He did have paperwork to catch up on. But, it wasn’t what he thought about when he leaned back in his chair and closed his eyes. No, the only image that came to mind was that woman leaning over the fence to pet a dog. He didn’t know what had made him run through that neighborhood with Oscar. He thought he’d wanted to change things up. Then, he’d seen her. He shook away that thought, irritated at his romanticism of something that meant nothing. He didn’t even know who she was and would probably never see her again.
On to my progress for the week! Then, my evaluation of April and onto May goals. It is the end of the month after all.
- Flames of Redemption – another read through – 40% through this. My focus will be on this until I get Stained Snow back from my CP.
- The Choice – 1st round of revisions – got through 15/22.5 chapters(the .5 being an epilogue). Setting this aside until I get Flames of Redemption sent off to CP(looking like sometime in June).
- Short Story – finish(I hope) – or not. Didn’t work on this Monday and only 82 words yesterday. I don’t know when I’ll finish it, but I know I’m close to the end. I’m thinking of starting to share it here for my Friday Fiction posts. Maybe a scene at a time.
- Read –
Solving For Ex(LeighAnn Kopans)& Dark Lover(J.R. Ward) – finished Solving for Ex yesterday. Loved it. Haven’t started Dark Lover yet, but probably today.
- Crochet – Hello Kitty Hat – almost finished with this. Have to sew eyes, nose, ears, & bow to hat then do whiskers and the braids for the earflaps. Hoping to finish it today.
As for April’s goals:
Slow Revenge: Publish Stained Snow: Finish rewrite
- Short Story: Write
Flames of Redemption: Revisions
Listen to 1 audio bookfinished listening to Ignite Me(Tahereh Mafi) and started listening to Erased(Jennifer Rush). I like doing this while I’m doing housework.
- Read 12 fiction books – only 11, although Riding Desire should count as more than 1, I think. There were 14 stories of varying lengths.
- Read 1 craft/research book
Knit 2 projects(Snuggly Chatterbox Hat & Imp Cloth)
- Crochet 2 projects(
Crochet Puppy Hat& Hello Kitty Hat) very close.
April was still a pretty good month, even if I didn’t get everything done. Now, onto May:
- Stained Snow: Revise/send to beta readers
- Flames of Redemption: Finish second round of revisions
- Short Story: Finish
- Listen to 1 audio book
- Read 12 fiction books
- Read 1 craft/research book
- Knit 2 projects(to be decided)
- Crochet 2 projects(to be decided)
And since I’m trying to simplify, some new goals for the rest of the week:
- Flames of Redemption: Finish read through. Start revisions if I can.
- Short Story: add words
- Read: Dark Lover
- Crochet: Finish Hello Kitty Hat