It feels like I’ve been running behind or just barely on track the last couple weeks. Things might be falling into place with my routine now because I’m actually ahead this week. Well, for the most part. Thursday I had trouble focusing on any words and barely managed to squeak out 700+ words on Defending the Heart. And I didn’t have much motivation to work on my secondary project or editing Stained Blood. Friday I got up and words just tumbled out(over 1700 in 1.5 hours). But, again, the motivation to work on anything else was just…nonexistent. It probably didn’t help the kids were home Friday for an in-service day. That always messed with my routine. But, I am well ahead on my reading. It’s Saturday morning and I’ve already started reading Sunday’s book(yes, I even put my reading on my to-do list). And I’m putting this post together already.
I also worked on getting my Patreon page ready to go. I hadn’t been sure about doing this, but I finally decided to go forward with it. We’ll see how it goes. I have a list of stories, little side trails from my novels, that I’ll write for it. So far there are 24 on there. That should keep me busy for a while. And of course, feel free to check it out if you’d like.
That’s pretty much all the other business I’ve got for the end of the week. So, on to my progress for this week:
- Write: Shoot for 10000 words between projects – 7863/10000 words. Yeah, so I wasn’t quite ahead of things on this one. Maybe next week.
- Defending the Heart – 5914 words – Ross sighed. “Do you actually expect me to believe this? Come on, Xavi. I know you, and I know when you’re telling tales. What actually happened to him? And why don’t you want the authorities to know?”
Xavier grit his back teeth together. Ross thought all he did was help install security systems. It was just better, easier, that way. He would have gotten pissy, thinking they were stepping on the cops’ toes if he knew everything the security company did. *Xavier seems to keep running into “friends” of his. Though the two different ones had different reactions to him being with Piers.
- Midas’ Daughter – 504 words – There was just something about her that kept drawing him in, no matter how much distance he tried to maintain. It wasn’t going to work. Not when every part of him wanted to be as near to her as possible. Just to soak up some of that natural joy she seemed to carry with her. At least when her father wasn’t around.
- Stay a Little Longer – 780 words – “It’s not a problem. Not like I didn’t deserve it.” Even if some of the barbs still stung.
“I don’t know,” Patrick said after a moment, “I think you deserve more than you give yourself credit for.”
- Not Meant to Be – 581 words – His willpower against his own addiction was pretty low at that. And he was going right toward her, but he didn’t see another choice.
- Playing with Fire – 84 words – Jeremiah had confided in him about what was going on, with him, and Corrin. How she’d started crashing on his couch nearly two months ago now. He hadn’t told him everything, but then again, he didn’t even know everything.
- Edit: Stained Blood – write new scenes – I finished 2/14 scenes and started the next one. Added 854 words
Plot: Playing with Fire – finish outlining scenes – I finished this on Wednesday. Nothing else to plot until I’m almost finished with Defending the Heart and start planning a novella to go along with the series.
Side Projects – 1000 words – 1059/1000 words. I had all these done by Wednesday
- Fade Away – 213 words – What the hell was going on here? I was used to being mostly ignored. Sometimes I didn’t even mind it. But, this was different. It was like they weren’t even seeing me.
- Patrick & Sarah – 207 words – Patrick felt something shiver down his spine at her explanation. It didn’t make sense to him. But, he hadn’t been her, either. Maybe it had happened just as her son had said. He hadn’t met the older boy, so he didn’t have any idea if he’d lie about something like that or not.
- Tavin & Haiwee – 213 words – That brought even more softness to his face, and it made her feel light. That she could be the one to bring that to him. She didn’t know why that was so important to her, but she wanted to keep that look there in his eyes.
- Roman – 223 words – She left the kitchen then and for the first time in what felt like weeks, even months, Roman felt hope that they still existed.
- Dougal & Shae – 203 words – Instead he only had thoughts of a green-eyed lass who had barely even granted him a smile the night before. She obviously didn’t care for him, so why couldn’t he get her off his mind? *Haha, oh poor Dougal. 😀
- Snow White Twist –
fill in [xx] and start read through – I got all 52 [xx] filled in and sent it to my kindle do start the read through
Listen: Glass Sword(Victoria Aveyard) & Unintended Consequences(Marti Green) – I finished Glass Sword(!!! And that ending just about killed me), started Unintended Consequences but after an hour still didn’t care, so stopped. Got some more through Kindle Unlimited and started listening to From the Moment We Met(Marina Adair). Much better. 🙂
Read: Finish Duke of Thorns(Sara Ramsey), Dead Before Dying(Kerry Schafer), The Unsung Hero(Suzanne Brockman), Truths We Tell(Brenda St John Brown), Of the Bauble(Debbie McGowan), Relic of Sorrows(Lindsay Buroker), Best Worst Mistake(Lia Riley), Written in the Stars(Aisha Saeed), The Rule Maker(Jennifer Blackwood), & Against the Sun(Kat Martin) – I finished Duke of Thorns(liked), Dead Before Dying(really enjoyed), and The Unsung Hero(enjoyed) on Sunday. Read Truths We Tell on Monday(really liked) and finished Of the Bauble Tuesday(loved). I also finished Relic of Sorrows(loved), Best Worst Mistake(really enjoyed), Written in the Stars(really enjoyed), and The Rule Maker(loved). I finished Against the Sun last(Saturday) night. I enjoyed this one too.
Knit: Clean Slate Hat – I just finished this morning.
- A to Z Challenge: Draft – Posts
A-Z – I finished the ‘A’ post with almost 900 words and I’ve written about 275 words on the ‘B’ post.
Quite a bit of blue and green and only the one red. Not a bad week at all. So, not to look toward next week’s goals:
- Write: Shoot for 10000 words between projects
- Edit: Stained Blood – continue writing new scenes, shoot for total of 1000 words
- Side Projects – 1000 words/200 per project
- Patreon – write new side story(this one will be Mason & Lila from First Choice, Second Chance) & if I get chapter 1 of Patrick & Sarah’s story back from beta & edited I’ll post it too
- Snow White Twist – read through
- Listen: From the Moment We Met(Marina Adair) & The Emerald Brooch(Katherine Lowry Logan)
- Read: Walk the Edge(Katie McGarry), Leveling the Field(Megan Erickson), Ignite(Rebecca Yarros), Forbidden(Beverly Jenkins), Murder Comes Ashore(Julie Anne Lindsey), Destiny(Carly Phillips), and It’s Always Been You(Jessica Scott)
- Crochet: Flower Coaster
- Loom: Ambrosia Love Scarf
- A to Z Challenge: Draft – Post B-Z
So, yesterday was Valentine’s Day. I’ve never been a huge fan of the day, but it is what it is. We don’t really do anything for it. A couple times my husband had gotten me flowers. But, they wilt after a little while. Chocolate is nice, of course, but definitely not something I need. And I don’t wear jewelry(how do I spell this wrong every time), so why would he waste the money on that(seriously, my wedding ring is the only I wear). I’ll take the cash he gave me Saturday to go the library book sale since I only had a couple $ in my wallet and a nice dinner out. We spent some time together yesterday while the kids were at school, but that was about the extent of it. And I’m happy with that.
So, not much else here except today is WiPPet Wednesday. Woohoo! Today I have 6 paragraphs(1+5 for the day). This happens shortly after what I shared last week. Piers woke up in Xavier’s bed…alone. Then, remembers Xavier putting him there and heading out to the couch and he goes out to find Xavier in the middle of a nightmare. It’s not the first time he’s witnessed one of them.
The words wrenched right through Piers. This was what Xavier was dreaming about? Him? He brushed hair back from Xavier’s forehead. “I’m right here,” he said. “I’m not going anywhere. No matter what my head says I should do. I just can’t seem to leave you behind.”
Xavier’s cries dropped down to murmurs, his thrashing calming as well. Piers ran his thumb over Xavier’s temple, his lips following the movement. Then, Xavier’s eyes fluttered open. For a moment, they remained glazed, as if he was still coming out of sleep. Then, they cleared, and a shutter fell.
“What are you doing out here?” Xavier asked. “You should still be in bed. Your side-”
“Is fine,” Piers lied. “And what did you expect when I thought someone might be killing you out here?”
It was too dark to see any color flush Xavier’s face, but Piers’ hand was still next to his temple, and he could feel the heat there. “I wasn’t that loud.” Piers just looked at him until Xavier finally broke eye contact. “I’m sorry. I haven’t had to worry about waking anyone up with them for a while.”
He sensed them both freeze at that. Piers knew what that meant. No one had been in his bed to witness the nightmares. Maybe not since him. He shouldn’t even ask, but he had to know. “Define ‘a while.’”
So how long has it been? Piers is a bit surprised by his answer. Though, he clarifies that’s only for how long since someone’s stayed all night. And things are about to heat up. 🙂
And now for my progress so far this week:
- Write: Shoot for 10000 words between projects – 4664/10000 so far. I still have my secondary project to work on today, so this will be a little higher.
- Defending the Heart – 3380 words
- Midas’ Daughter – 504 words
- Stay a Little Longer – 780 words
- Edit: Stained Blood – write new scenes – I’ve added 664 new words this week. On 2/14 new scenes.
- Plot: Playing with Fire – finish outlining scenes – 54/69 scenes outlined. Hoping to have the last ones done either today or tomorrow.
- Side Projects – 1000 words – 856/1000 words. I only have 1 more side project to work on, so should be able to get to that today. I did adjust the individual goal and spread the total goal out among all 5 stories.
- Snow White Twist – fill in [xx] and start read through – nothing on this yet this week. Will be working on it this weekend.
- Listen: Glass Sword(Victoria Aveyard) & Unintended Consequences(Marti Green) – Only have a little over an hour left in Glass Sword. It’s breaking my heart right now.
Finish Duke of Thorns(Sara Ramsey), Dead Before Dying(Kerry Schafer), The Unsung Hero(Suzanne Brockman), Truths We Tell(Brenda St John Brown), Of the Bauble(Debbie McGowan), Relic of Sorrows(Lindsay Buroker), Best Worst Mistake(Lia Riley), Written in the Stars(Aisha Saeed), The Rule Maker(Jennifer Blackwood), & Against the Sun(Kat Martin) – I finished Duke of Thorns(liked), Dead Before Dying(really enjoyed), and The Unsung Hero(enjoyed) on Sunday. Read Truths We Tell on Monday(really liked) and finished Of the Bauble yesterday(loved). I started Relic of Sorrows last night and got about halfway through it. So I’m ahead on this goal at least.
- Knit: Clean Slate Hat – Made some more progress on this.
- A to Z Challenge: Draft – Posts A-Z – got the first ~350 words written on my A post. Hoping to get more of it done today.
So, yesterday, one of the Erie County libraries had their yearly romance paperback sale. All the books were $1. We met my mother-in-law there while my husband and son went over to the RV show pretty much next door. I wasn’t expecting to find a lot. But, there was a much bigger selection than I’d expected. I found 12 books, some that I’ve been having trouble finding at the used book store I usually go to but need to continue the series(I really hate reading out of order). Plus my MIL had 2 bags of books for me. I’d only read one of the books. In fact, most of the authors are ones I haven’t read anything from. So, needless to say, I have a lot of books to read right now.
About 10 of these were already there.
After that, we got groceries, and I finally got a new pair of wireless headphones. I’d ordered some from Amazon around Christmas, but after I got them, they didn’t work. Didn’t want to connect with my phone and the sound was bad when they did. So, I ended up sending them back. Well, Walmart had some on sale, so I grabbed some. So far they seem to be working pretty well.
We came home, got changed, and the kids packed bags and sleeping bags then we took them to grandma’s. They got to spend the night and we had dinner out with some friends. We’d thought about seeing a movie, too, but ended up just going home after dinner. It was still a good time. Apparently the girl didn’t fall asleep until after midnight, though. So, the next day should be interesting. And even without the kids here, I was awake early. Of course.
I’ve got quite a bit done this week. So, I’ll get right into that.
- Write: Shoot for 10000 words between all projects – 8754/10000 – not quite there this week. But, I made some progress on all of the projects.
- Defending the Heart – 6427 words – Not that he should have been worried, with what the lieutenant reported to Alex and Casey. Xavier had it all handled, but Piers still couldn’t shake off the fear. And he knew Xavier wouldn’t appreciate that, so he shoved it down and tried to put a lid on it.
- Midas’ Daughter – 252 words – “Flip,” he said. “It gets less confusing that way when we’re together.” That was the problem with naming your kids after yourself. But, they’d found a way around it. He’d been Flip for almost longer than he could even remember.
- Stay a Little Longer – 670 words – What if he couldn’t do it? What if he ended up letting the lieutenant, the only one who seemed to believe in him, down? Again. He wasn’t sure that was something he could come back from.
- Not Meant to Be – 559 words – Garren actually laughed at that. “Careful or I’ll start calling you a young whippersnapper or something. Anyway I was just joining the Academy when he was killed. I remember Michael talking about it on one visit out to the ranch, though. Said the guy had so many enemies, they’d probably never find the one who’d finally done him in.”
- Playing with Fire – 516 words(some of this was from a Just Jot It I decided to include with the main story) – He glanced over at Nolan, who was dropping down beside him. From some of the other guys at the station, he’d take that as an unfunny joke. But, Nolan was different, so he smiled over at him.
- Buried Secrets – 330 words – She’d always been friendly since he’d started this process. And now it almost seemed like she couldn’t get away fast enough. He couldn’t figure out what that was all about. But, that didn’t really matter anyway. He only had a short amount of time before he had to go, and he wanted to explore his new house.
- Edit: Stained Blood –
finish Story Toolkit & outline new scenes. Start writing new scenes – I finished the Toolkit & outlined the new scenes. And got the first 323 words written of a new opening scene.
- Plot: Playing with Fire –
finish Story Toolkit & outline scenes. – finished the Story Toolkit but am still going through and outlining scenes. Have 33/69 scenes outlined. And I did end up starting the first scene even without everything outlined. I’ll keep working through them during my plotting time and working on writing it on one day a week(which happens to be Thursday with my current schedule).
Side Projects: Add 1500 words – 1847/1500 words. And I finished Dance with the Devil!
- Dance with the Devil – 711 words – I did as he asked and he took my hand, holding it to his chest. He brushed his lips over mine, and I slid my tongue into his mouth. This was all we needed. And I was going to make damn sure no one ever took it from us.
- Fade Away – 540 words – I dodged people on the sidewalk. No one even tried to get out of my way. Like they didn’t even see me. Sure, I felt like I walked through this life almost invisible, but I was pretty sure people could see me.
- Patrick & Sarah – 153 words – Sarah’s head jerked around, and he saw all the pleased color drain out of her face. “Oh, nothing,” she stammered. “A dog got in and my son thought it was a wolf. He had to protect his little brother. It was a mistake.” *yeah, Sarah, you know that’s not what really happened, but just go on believing Tommy
- Tavin & Haiwee – 144 words – “I wanted to see you again,” she said, sounding the words out. Not speaking in her own tongue took some effort. It was easier to know the meanings of those words, but he wouldn’t understand them.
- Roman – 148 words – The other pocket bulged too, and he thought back to what Cristine had said. Hoarding food. In case she didn’t get more later.
- Dougal & Shae – 151 words – She’d been afraid of whatever had risen up between them in those moments. No. That’s something Maureen would say with her fanciful books she liked to read. There was nothing between her and that man.It wasn’t like she’d ever see him again anyway.
- Snow White Twist – fill in [xx] – forgot to add this last week – but I got 37/52 of them filled in. Will be working on this on weekends.
Listen: The Sapphire Brooch(Katherine Lowry Logan), Walking on Her Grave(Melinda Leigh), & She Can Kill(Melinda Leigh) – I finished The Sapphire Brooch(loved), Walking on her Grave(really enjoyed), & She Can Kill(really enjoyed, couldn’t stop listening) and finished the re-listen of Red Queen. Then, I went and got Glass Sword(the sequel) right after that
Finish Born Wild(Julie Ann Walker), Gena/Finn(Hannah Moskowitz & Kat Helgeson), Make It Right(Megan Erickson), Duke of Thorns(Sara Ramsey), Illegal Motion(Erin Nicholas), Shadows and Silk(Liliana Hart), Dead Before Dying(Kerry Schafer), & The Unsung Hero(Suzanne Brockman) – I finished Born Wild(really enjoyed) and Gena/Finn(LOVED and made me cry) on Sunday. Finished Make it Right on Monday(loved). I’m about 70% through Duke of Thorns, finished Illegal Motion(was enjoying until I got to a part that brought me to a screeching halt), finished Shadows and Silk(enjoyed though there were some parts when I wanted to give the hero a good smack upside the head and a few things that made me roll my eyes), got about 70% through Dead Before Dying on Friday, and am probably almost 70% through The Unsung Hero(that one I’m reading in paperback). I’m trying to finish a book a day, but if I don’t, I’m moving on to the next book and I’ll get back to the others when I finish that day’s, unless one of those has really dragged me in, and I just have to finish it. I’ll be using today to finish the ones that are still hanging, though.
- Knit: Clean Slate hat – made more progress on this and got more yarn for it since it looked like I was going to run out
- A to Z Challenge: Draft – Posts A-Z – nothing yet on this. May start on the A post later today
A good bit of green and blue and not much red at all. Like I said, not a bad week. And now for next week’s goals:
- Write: Shoot for 10000 words between projects
- Edit: Stained Blood – write new scenes
- Plot: Playing with Fire – finish outlining scenes
- Side Projects – 1000 words
- Snow White Twist – fill in [xx] and start read through
- Listen: Glass Sword(Victoria Aveyard) & Unintended Consequences(Marti Green)
- Read: Finish Duke of Thorns(Sara Ramsey), Dead Before Dying(Kerry Schafer), The Unsung Hero(Suzanne Brockman), Truths We Tell(Brenda St John Brown), Of the Bauble(Debbie McGowan), Relic of Sorrows(Lindsay Buroker), Best Worst Mistake(Lia Riley), Written in the Stars(Aisha Saeed), The Rule Maker(Jennifer Blackwood), & Against the Sun(Kat Martin)
- Knit: Clean Slate Hat
- A to Z Challenge: Draft – Posts A-Z
Another decent start to the week. At least in some aspects. Others not as much. Writing is going well, and I even managed to finish one of my side projects. Of course, it’s the one I’ve been working on the longest. And about 2 months later than I’d originally planned to have it finished. But, still, it’s done. Well, kind of. Hawk & Devil’s story will continue, written from Hawk’s POV this time.
Before I get to my progress, it’s Wednesday, which means it’s WiPPet Time!! Woohoo!! As I mentioned last week, Defending the Heart is currently my main project, so I’ll keep sharing from that until the first draft is done. Probably at least the rest of this month, maybe even the beginning of March. For today, I have (easy math, just the day) sentences. Xavier left the office and was attacked in the parking lot. Piers saw what was happening and rushed to the rescue and got hurt for his trouble, but refuses to go to the hospital. So, Xavier is going to take him in and take care of him.
Piers sighed as if realizing arguing would be a lost cause. “I’m not your responsibility, X.”
“But, I’m yours?” Xavier asked even as he put his shoulder under Piers’ arm to help him up. “Is that why you came charging across the parking lot like a raging bull?”
Piers gaze clashed with his for just a moment. “I wasn’t going to just let them hurt you. I don’t want to see you hurt.”
“Same goes, buddy,” Xavier said as they headed for the stairs.
Should Piers have gone to the hospital? What is going to happen between these two?
Now on to my progress so far this week:
- Write: Shoot for 10000 words between all projects – 6000/10000 words. I haven’t started my secondary project for the day yet, so I’ll have at least a little more.
- Defending the Heart – 4276 words
- Midas’ Daughter – 252 words
- Stay a Little Longer – 670 words
- Not Meant to Be – 559 words
- Playing with Fire – 243 words – I ended up adding another of my Just Jot It pieces to the end, possibly as an epilogue.
- Edit: Stained Blood
– finish Story Toolkit & outline new scenes. Start writing new scenes – I finished the Story Toolkit & outlined 9/14 new scenes
- Plot: Playing with Fire –
finish Story Toolkit & outline scenes – I finished the Toolkit and outlined 7/69 scenes. I may not have this done in time to start writing tomorrow as I’d planned, but I could always work on the first scene even if the last ones aren’t outlined.
- Side Projects: Add 1500 words – 711 words. These were all to Dance with the Devil. Which I finally finished writing! Woohoo! I’d hoped to have it finished by the end of December. So I’m only about 2 months late. Whoops.
Listen: The Sapphire Brooch(Katherine Lowry Logan), Walking on Her Grave(Melinda Leigh), & She Can Kill(Melinda Leigh) – I finished The Sapphire Brooch(loved), Walking on her Grave(really enjoyed), & She Can Kill(really enjoyed, couldn’t stop listening). Now I’m re-listening to Red Queen(Victoria Aveyard) before I finally get around to getting book 2(probably the end of this month).
Finish Born Wild(Julie Ann Walker), Gena/Finn(Hannah Moskowitz & Kat Helgeson), Make It Right(Megan Erickson), Duke of Thorns(Sara Ramsey), Illegal Motion(Erin Nicholas), Shadows and Silk(Liliana Hart), Dead Before Dying(Kerry Schafer), & The Unsung Hero(Suzanne Brockman) – I finished Born Wild(really enjoyed) and Gena/Finn(LOVED and made me cry) on Sunday. Finished Make it Right on Monday(loved). I got a little more than halfway through Duke of Thorns yesterday. I started Illegal Motion this morning. If I finish it today, I’ll pick Duke of Thorns back up(which I’m enjoying, but it’s not a Oh, God, I’ve gotta keep reading one).
- Knit: Clean Slate hat – I’ve made more progress on this as well. I have 15 more rounds before I start making decreases.
- A to Z Challenge: Draft – Posts A-Z – nothing on these yet. Though I did find out the last Sunday of April(since there are 5 Sundays instead of only 4) will be a posting day, so now I at least know the schedule and can finish up my theme reveal post. I think I’ll go back in after each letter post goes up and link to them in one post.
A good bit of green and even some blue. Hopefully I can turn the red to more green by Sunday and maybe even some of that to blue.
It’s been a fairly decent week. Making progress on some things and falling behind on others. But, overall, I’d say it’s been decent.
Not much else to say up here, so I’ll get right to the progress.
Write: Shoot for 10000 between all projects – 12899/10000 words. 6000 of those were from Just Jot It prompts for Playing with Fire that I moved into the document. I may end up cutting them if they don’t fit as I write the story.
- Defending the Heart – 5876 words – A slight smile turned up the corners of Xavier’s mouth, and heat kindled in his eyes. The same heat started to build in Piers’ gut, but he ignored it, focusing on Alex instead.
- Stay a Little Longer – 583 words – She gave him a weak smile. “There’s nothing to worry about. I’m fine. Really.”
And she would be. Eventually. She always was.
- Not Meant to Be – 194 words – Melanie’s smile faded at that, as if suddenly reminded why she had come over today. “I will, Toby. Don’t worry.”
If only she understood that was impossible for him.
- Buried Secrets – 229 words – Well, thank Christ for that. His father had warned him that this process would be more involved than he was ready for, but Joel had ignored him. He’d figured the older man just wanted to try to talk him out of this. Like he’d been attempting for the last several months. Ever since he’d first started looking at properties. Now, that he was close, he could admit his father had a point. Even if the motivation behind it was unclear.
- Playing with Fire – 6017 words – “I don’t think so. I’ve watched the two of you. This dance you’ve been doing.”
“And I’ve watched the two of you,” she said. “You’ve got your own intricate steps going.”
- Edit: Stained Blood – finish Story Toolkit & outline new scenes – Through the Act III beat sheet, only have a few more sections to get through.
- Plot: Playing with Fire – finish Story Toolkit,
the last 2 Just Jot It January prompts, and outline if I can – I got through the Act III beat sheet on this too. I wrote 1 more Just Jot It piece & also this week’s SOCS, though both probably take place after the end of the story
Side Projects: Add 1500 words(since I’m moving Midas’ Daughter up under the other writing for now) – 1707/1500 words. Almost finished with Dance with the Devil. Maybe just one more scene.
- Dance with the Devil – 615 words – I heard snorts of disgust from the Crows, but I ignored them as I helped him get to his feet. “Let’s go,” I said. “You can yell at me later.”
- Fade Away – 520 words – I stepped into the hot water and waited for it to warm me, all the way to my bones. I started to think it would never happen. I should have done this when I first got home the night before. Then, maybe it wouldn’t feel like the chill had settled right into my soul.
- Patrick & Sarah – 146 words – Patrick was sure Sarah was going to send him away, even after she’d opened the shawl. Maybe even more so because of it. The store clerk had told him it wouldn’t be as easy as he hoped. But, he’d already been sure of that anyway.
- Tavin & Haiwee – 127 words – She did not know why that made him smile and shake his head, but it made her lips spread in the same gesture. He said something to the men, his voice sounding like stones rolling around together. But, she didn’t quite understand the words.
- Roman – 151 words – She hugged him tight. “I’ve been right here. But, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have told you to leave me alone. I didn’t mean I didn’t want you here. I just needed-““To be able to breathe. I do understand, Cris. But, that doesn’t mean it didn’t hurt.”
- Dougal & Shae – 149 words – Maureen smiled now. She practically danced away from the bed. That was more like her sister. Shae was so glad to see it, too. Just because she sometimes saw the worst of the worst didn’t mean she had to show even a slice of it to her innocent little sister.
Changeless(Gail Carriger), Be Mine Forever(Marina Adair), The Sapphire Brooch(Katherine Lowry Logan) – finished Changeless(loved, though the end broke my heart. just glad there’s more or that end would have pissed me off), I really enjoyed Be Mine Forever. I still have about 3 hours left on the Sapphire Brooch and loving it.
Finish Idol(Kristen Callihan), Mixed Signals(Alyssa Cole), Act Like It(Lucy Parker), & Engaging the Bachelor(Cathryn Fox). Added: No Place to Run(Maya Banks), Along Came a Spider(Kate Serine), Born Wild(Julie Ann Walker), Gena/Finn(Hannah Moskowitz & Kat Helgeson) & Make It Right(Megan Erickson) – I finished Idol(enjoyed), Mixed Signals(really enjoyed), set aside Act Like It because it didn’t pull me in & the hero was being set up as a completely unlikeable asshat & I didn’t see why I’d want to root for the heroine to get together with him. Then, I read Engaging the Bachelor which I liked. I finished No Place to Run(enjoyed) and Along Came a Spider(loved) and am on page 238 of Born Wild. I should finish that today and would like to at least read Gena/Finn as well, but I’ll likely be moving it to next week’s list
Loom: Meadow Moss Headband – I started this again and ended up ripping it out yet again. I just can’t seem to get it right, so I finally decided to give up on this one. So for this week, I added:
- Knit: Clean Slate hat – got this started, through the ribbing and began the main section of the pattern.
- A to Z Challenge: Draft – Posts A-Z – I got the theme reveal post mostly done, but nothing else.
A god bit of both green and blue, which makes me happy. Now, for next week’s goals:
- Write: Shoot for 10000 words between all projects
- Edit: Stained Blood – finish Story Toolkit & outline new scenes. Start writing new scenes
- Plot: Playing with Fire – finish Story Toolkit & outline scenes.
- Side Projects: Add 1500 words
- Listen: The Sapphire Brooch(Katherine Lowry Logan), Walking on Her Grave(Melinda Leigh), & She Can Kill(Melinda Leigh)
- Read: Finish Born Wild(Julie Ann Walker), Gena/Finn(Hannah Moskowitz & Kat Helgeson), Make It Right(Megan Erickson), Duke of Thorns(Sara Ramsey), Illegal Motion(Erin Nicholas), Shadows and Silk(Liliana Hart), Dead Before Dying(Kerry Schafer), & The Unsung Hero(Suzanne Brockman)
- Knit: Clean Slate hat
- A to Z Challenge: Draft – Posts A-Z
I was going to do my January wrap-up along with today’s post, but I figured my Wednesday posts are usually long enough as it is. So, I did it and my goals for February yesterday. So you can go check those out if you’d like.
I’ve had a pretty decent start to the week. Monday was a good wording day. Yesterday not quite as much, but not too bad. And things are heating up in Defending the Heart(in nice contrast to the weather outside my window).
Speaking of, it’s Wednesday which means WiPPet time!! Woohoo!! Yeah, I get a little excited about that. As I figured last Wednesday, I did finish the first draft of Crash and Burn on Friday. Which means Defending the Heart has moved up into the main project slot. So, that’s what I’ll be sharing from, probably at least the rest of this month. Today I have 13 sentences(2+1+2+1+7). Piers was worried about Xavier when he didn’t show up for work so went up to his apartment where Xavier started to attack him but didn’t seem to realize it was him. It didn’t take Piers long to realize what was going on.
“Flashback?” Piers asked softly when Xavier took his arm away.
“I’m fine,” Xavier said. Which didn’t exactly answer Piers’ question. He wasn’t really surprised, though.
“Does this happen often?”
“That I have hot guys breaking into my apartment? I wish.”
Piers knew Xavier was just trying to get a rise out of him, but he didn’t bite. “You know just what I meant, X.”
“And I told you I’m fine. You surprised me, that’s all.” But, he’d turned his back so Piers could no longer see his eyes.
Is Xavier really fine? What was he flashing back to? Will he let Piers in?
Now, as for my progress so far this week:
- Write: Shoot for 10000 between all projects – 3939/10000. Okay not as much as I’d like at this point.
- Edit: Stained Blood – finish Story Toolkit & outline new scenes – I got through the subplot worksheet on this one
- Plot: Playing with Fire – finish Story Toolkit, the last 2 Just Jot It January prompts, and outline if I can – I got through the subplot worksheet on this too. And I wrote 1 more Just Jot It piece for this one, though it probably takes place after the end of the story
- Side Projects: Add 1500 words(since I’m moving Midas’ Daughter up under the other writing for now) – 329/1500 words so far.
Changeless(Gail Carriger), Be Mine Forever(Marina Adair), The Sapphire Brooch(Katherine Lowry Logan) – finished Changeless(loved, though the end broke my heart. just glad there’s more or that end would have pissed me off), I still have about 3 hours left on Be Mine Forever but enjoying it.
Finish Idol(Kristen Callihan), Mixed Signals(Alyssa Cole), Act Like It(Lucy Parker), & Engaging the Bachelor(Cathryn Fox). Added: No Place to Run(Maya Banks), Along Came a Spider(Kate Serine), Born Wild(Julie Ann Walker), Gena/Finn(Hannah Moskowitz & Kat Helgeson) & Make It Right(Megan Erickson) – I finished Idol(enjoyed), Mixed Signals(really enjoyed), set aside Act Like It because it didn’t pull me in & the hero was being set up as a completely unlikeable asshat & I didn’t see why I’d want to root for the heroine to get together with him. Then, I read Engaging the Bachelor which I liked. I started No Place to Run last night and got to page 69.
Loom: Meadow Moss Headband – I started this again and ended up ripping it out yet again. I just can’t seem to get it right, so I finally decided to give up on this one. So for this week, I added:
- Knit: Clean Slate hat – haven’t started this quite yet
- A to Z Challenge: Draft – Posts A-Z – I got the theme reveal post mostly written up. I was going to list out the titles for each post but realized there’s only 25 days not counting the Sundays this April. So, I’m not sure where that extra day will go. I checked the website, but it’s not up there yet, so I’ll wait to finish that one up. I’m still counting this one as in progress.
It’s been a pretty decent week as far as my writing progress goes. Didn’t get as much in as I wanted to, but I’m getting really close to the end of In the Moonlight. I’ve also decided to, at least for now, shelve plotting Loving the Devil. It’s just not coming together right now for me. Instead I picked one of my standalone ideas that’s already plotted out. So, for this week, I’ll be adding Buried Secrets to my writing list. I’ll give it a little bit but if the words aren’t coming for it, it will be shelved as well. I have so many ideas, I don’t see spending too much time on one that’s just not working.
And yesterday, we went out to breakfast then to do some shopping. A stop at the used bookstore(forgot to take any of my boxes of books to trade-in, but I still came out with 4 “new” books. My ‘TBR’ pile of physical books is now up to 22), then Toys R Us before we got to Walmart. I got my haircut before we got groceries. It hasn’t been cut since the end of August, and I’ve been wanting it cut since before Thanksgiving. I didn’t realize quite how much I hate having it long until I started getting it cut short again.
Now, as for my progress for the week, let’s look at it:
- Write: Shooting for a target of 10000 words this week – 8751/10000 words. Not quite as much as I would have liked but still not too bad. Hopefully this week will be even better.
- In the Moonlight – 5756 words – “I’m okay now,” I said after a few minutes. “I guess if we’re going to keep following ghosts around, I’m going to need to get into better shape.”She laughed and squeezed her arm around my waist. “You’re the perfect shape for me.”
- Crash and Burn – 1050 words – “Shit.” He couldn’t hold back the curse this time, and almost felt the disapproval from his sister-in-law as he dropped his head into his hands. “You’re right,” he admitted. “I know you’re right. I just don’t know how to make it better.”
- Defending the Heart – 498 words – He heard the door open at the top of the stairs and his body went stiff. Okay, one part went stiffer than the rest. He gritted his teeth and tried to will that away. But, he caught a whiff of cinnamon and knew he was a goner. If Xavier came even close to him right now, he’d lose it.
Please come closer. Damn it. Even his thoughts were betraying him tonight.
- Stay a Little Longer – 696 words – He hung up and couldn’t help wincing. Respect for his elders had been drilled into him throughout his childhood. It made it hard to stand up to his mother now. And he couldn’t help but wonder if maybe she was right. What good was he doing here anyway? Maybe it would be better for everyone if he just skipped town.
- Not Meant to Be – 751 words – His face relaxed, but the wariness didn’t go away. He wouldn’t kiss her. So, she’d just have to take matters into her own hands. She turned until she was facing him, straddling his lap. “Denise,” he said, a warning in his voice.
- Edit: Stained Blood – work through Story Toolkit & outline new scenes – made some more progress on the Toolkit
Plot: Loving the Devil – work through Story Toolkit – decided to set this one aside for right now.
- Plot: Playing with Fire – work through Story Toolkit & continue exploring characters with Just Jot It prompts – making good progress on this. Through the character worksheets. And did 6 of the prompts this week
Side Projects – add 1500 words – 1789/1500 words
- Midas’ Daughter – 535 words – His father let out a long breath. “Yeah, family can twist you up something awful.”
Flip shot a glance at this father, but the older man only smiled. “Not you, my boy. You’ve never done anything but make me proud. Not all family is so easy, though.”
- Dance with the Devil – 522 words – “Not everyone is here yet,” I told him. His gaze turned to me, and I could see the sympathy in his eyes. “No,” I said, taking a step back, knowing exactly what that meant. This couldn’t be happening.
- Patrick & Sarah – 189 words – “No. Because you do not know what they will say about you if you set foot over this threshold.”“That’s not true. It just does not bother me.”
- Tavin & Haiwee – 163 words – And chaos broke out. All three horses tossed their heads up, but only the other two reared, almost unseating their riders. Tavin kept control of his horse, turning the animal toward her. She saw one of the other men draw a gun and aim it in her direction. *I also posted the first scene of this one for this week’s Fiction Friday
- Roman – 247 words – “Fine,” he said, wanting to throw his arms in the air. “You’re fine. I get it. I won’t worry about you for another second.”She snorted. “I don’t believe that for a minute.”
- Dougal & Shae – “Well, who would want flies anyway,” she retorted. “If vinegar keeps them away, I’ll keep dishing that out.”
Midnight Sacrifice(Melinda Leigh) & Lady Midnight(Cassandra Clare) – I finished Midnight Sacrifice(enjoyed) and am a little over halfway through Lady Midnight.
Finish Island of Glass(Nora Roberts), Harbor Lights(Sherryl Woods), Wild Irish Box set:books 2-4[I’ve already read book 1](Mari Carr), Of Fire and Stars(Audrey Coulthurst), Need Me(Tessa Bailey), Nothing Like Paris(Amy Jo Cousins), All Summer Long(Susan Mallery), & Love, Exes, and Ohs(Violet Duke) – I finished Island of Glass on Sunday(loved it) and Harbor Lights Tuesday night(liked). I also finished books 2-4 in the Wild Irish set(liked), Of Fire and Stars(loved), and Need Me yesterday while we were in the truck(enjoyed). I’m about 60% through Nothing Like Paris and really enjoying it. I’m hoping to at least finish All Summer Long today as well. Love, Exes, and Ohs will probably get moved to next week’s list.
Knitting: Finish Craigiecatt Hat – finished this one
- Crochet: Giraffe Hat – didn’t start yet. Need to see if I can find yarn to use for this one.
- A to Z challenge: Plots posts L-Z – didn’t get to these either.
I’ve made a good bit of progress even if I didn’t complete everything. Hope I can keep that up this week.
- Write: Shoot for 10000 words
- Edit: Stained Blood – finish Story Toolkit & outline new scenes
- Plot: Playing with Fire – finish Story Toolkit & continue exploring characters with Just Jot It prompts. Outline if I get that far.
- Side projects – add 2000 words(added new project to the list for possible submission to this year’s WUR)
- Listen: Lady Midnight(Cassandra Clare), The Pale Dreamer(Samantha Shannon), & The Professor(Robert Bailey)
- Read: Finish Nothing Like Paris(Amy Jo Cousins), All Summer Long(Susan Mallery), Love, Exes, and Ohs(Violet Duke), Sweet Cinderella(Penny Watson), Under a Painted Sky(Stacey Lee), Lady of the Star Wind(Veronica Scott), Shattered Past(Lindsay Buroker), Last Seen Leaving(Caleb Roehrig), & Burned(Sarah Morgan)
- Crochet – Giraffe Hat
- Loom – Meadow Moss Headband
- A to Z Challenge: Plot – L-Z posts