So, this week has started off better than the last one. At least as it comes to interruptions to my routine. Word count is roughly the same(actually a little lower because I didn’t write anything Monday that I count towards the goal). Monday was mostly spent on reading and getting stuff done around the house(I got almost all the laundry done in 1 day). Though I did work on getting beta notes for chapter 4 of Stained Blood copied into Scrivener. And during our daily afternoon sprint on Twitter, I worked on Jonas & Isaac(which I don’t count toward word goal because it’s all by hand).
Tuesday I made some good progress, particularly on side projects. And some progress on a couple main projects. I’m hoping to make even more progress today. I’ll get to more on that progress in a bit. But, first it’s WiPPet Wednesday!!! I’ve got more with Jonas & Isaac today. I have 8 paragraphs today(10-18). Jonas has been stopping by the youth center but it’s always been when Isaac isn’t around. Isaac and Konner are talking about that here.
“So what do you want me to do? Tell him you’re here by lunch Tuesdays and Thursdays? Or to stop stalking you?”
Isaac laughed. “You know that’s not what he’s doing. He just hasn’t figured out what to do with himself now that he isn’t a soldier. Anyway, you said he gave tips on setting up the soccer practices. And he stayed later Wednesday to talk to a few of the older boys. So, he’s helping. I don’t see a problem with him hanging around then.”
“That’s good to know,” Konner said, breaking into a grin. “Because he’s in the gym with some of the older kids right now. Last I knew, they were kicking a ball around, but that might have changed.”
Kicking a ball around? How was he managing that? And was it reminding him of all he’d lost? He dropped his bag behind the desk then started toward the area of the center that held the small gym. Konner chuckled behind him, the bastard. If he didn’t know better, he’d think Konner had kept Jonas here just for this reason.
The hell of it was, he just might have. Konner could be a sneaky son of a bitch when he thought it was necessary.
Not that it was right now. Of course.
He stepped into the gym and just stood for a moment. The kids were indeed kicking around a soccer ball. Derek stood on the other side of the room, hands on their hips, watching Jonas. Isaac wasn’t sure he could stop doing the same thing. Jonas was doing drills with the kids, from the bench. Calling out directions, throwing or kicking the ball to one of the kids, easily catching a ball that came his way.
He was in his element. And beautiful with it.
Oh, Isaac, you are so sunk. Might as well give in now. 😉 Not that I can make it that easy for them, of course.
Monthly Goal met/finished Weekly Goal met
Green Hills & Smoky Fields – Story Toolkit– Finished Act 1 beat sheet. 6/9 sections On Target
- Primary: Write 35000 words on main projects – 13645/35000 words Off Target(about 6k below target)
- Still Burning –
- Whatever It Takes – 673 words
- High on Loving You – 848 words
- By the Gun – 198 words
Secondary: Write 4500 words on side projects– 3774/4500 words On Target Patrick & Sarah– 175 words Tavin & Haiwee– 158 words Roman– 171 words
- Dougal & Shae – 106 words
Jacob & Matthew– 259 words Mike & Fadil– 245 words Hawk– 92 words Sean & Braeden– monthly goal met Melanie & Garren– 117 words
- Stretch: Write 25 pages for Jonas & Isaac project – 17/25 pages. On Target
- Primary: Stained Blood – Beta edits as they come in – 1/24 chapters, got Chapter 4 back, copied notes for 3/3 scenes into Scrivener, edited 1/3 scenes Target in Sight
- Secondary: Flames of Renewal – CP edits once I get them – 0/25 chapters Not even sighted in yet
- Stretch: Love Who You Love – type from Word to Scrivener – 6/11 chapters On Target
Listen: 5 audiobooks– 6/5 Bullseye!
- Lord of Shadows(Cassandra Clare) – Started this Thursday morning. On Chapter 19/30
- Read: 30 books – 13/30 Off Target
Fear No Evil(Allison Brennan)– Started this Thursday night. Finished this Sunday night. The length it took me to read doesn’t really reflect my enjoyment(because I did like it) but more that other stuff kept coming up. Stupid other stuff. 😉 Midnight Sun(Kat Martin)– Started this Monday morning. Finished it Tuesday evening. Enjoyed it, though there was one part(inheriting memories from like her great-great(?) grandmother) that was a bit more than I can suspend my disbelief.
- Revenants(Christina Olson) – Started this Tuesday night. At 40%.
- Primary: Post Writing Wednesday, Fiction Friday, Stream of Consciousness Saturday, Weekend Writing Warriors, & Sunday Summary each week – 11/20 posts On Target
- Secondary: Post to Patreon 4x – 1/4 Off Target
- Knit: GENEie Hat – Started this Tuesday. 6/6 rounds of ribbing done. 18/53 rounds of cable pattern done Target in sight
- Crochet: Dreamy Scarf –