It’s the end of the month, so time to go through the detritus it’s left me with(ha, yes, I did use that word to fit in the final Just Jot It prompt for the month). It’s been a pretty good month progress-wise. I was able to finish up 2 first drafts, one I’d been working on since May. The other I started halfway through October(and it was just a novella). And I think I’ve found the best way for me to get to everything. I have my main project that I work on every day from 5-7 a.m. Then, I work on a different secondary project from 8-9 a.m. And I have a half hour set aside each for plotting & editing. It seems to be working for now.
And now to look at how I’ve done so far! The month isn’t quite over yet, I will still be reading and working on side projects later this afternoon, but I’ve gotten to the main things for today, so I’m going to write this up for now instead of waiting for tomorrow since my Wednesday posts tend to be long anyway.
Loving the Devil – Outline– I set this aside. It just wasn’t coming together and the characters weren’t really talking to me. May pick it back up some other time
- Playing with Fire – Outline – Still working my way through the Story Toolkit on this. Excited to get started on it.
In the Moonlight – 1st draft– finished this one with 14964 words this month Crash and Burn – 1st draft– finished this with 16098 words this month Defending the Heart – 4000 words– 5582/4000 words
- Stay a Little Longer – 4000 words – 2231/4000 words
- Not Meant to Be – 4000 words – 2543/4000 words
- Added: Buried Secrets – 1500 words – 1322/1500 words
- Stained Blood – re-plot & start re-write – still going through the Story Toolkit for this.
- Demons Rising – revisions – didn’t even touch this one yet.
- Midas’ Daughter – get to 8500 words
- Dance with the Devil – get to 28500 words/finish 1st draft – at 28149 right now, but may reach before end of the day. Still have at least 2-3 scenes to finish
- Patrick & Sarah – get to 4275 words – at 4244/4275 words. Could still reach this today.
- Tavin & Haiwee – get to 3550 words – at 3442/3550 words. Could still reach this today.
Roman – get to 4680 words– at 4930/4680 words. What can I say, he’s a lawyer, he’s got a lot of words. 😉 Dougal & Shae – get to 2800 words– at 2876/2800 words.
- Just Jot It January – 30 posts – I know I didn’t do 30. I did all but day 1 and some of the one-liner Wednesday prompts. When I finish this one though, I’ll have 28 post. So, I got pretty close to that initial goal.
A-Z Challenge – plot posts– these are all plotted. Now, to start drafting them.
- RoW80 – stay up to date – pretty much, though I have slacked off a bit on commenting. There’s a handful I almost always comment on, but I need to do better at leaving comments for the others too.
Listen: 8 books– 12/8 books. I’ve apparently gone on a listening binge again. 🙂
- Read: 31 books – If I finish today’s book(and I don’t think I’ll have any trouble doing that), I’ll have 29/31. I set aside 2 that didn’t pull me in.
Knit: Craigiecatt Hat– finished this Crochet: Giraffe Hat– finished this Loom: Meadow Moss Headband– started and ripped this out several times and finally just gave up. I’ll try a different loom pattern next month.
- Playing with Fire – finish outline
- Heart of Christmas(BC Security novella) – Brainstorm
- Defending the Heart – add 40000 words/finish 1st draft
- Stay a Little Longer – add 4000 words
- Not Meant to Be – add 4000 words
- Buried Secrets – add 4000 words
- Playing with Fire – add 4000 words
- Midas’ Daughter – add 4000 words
- Stained Blood – re-plot & re-write
- Snow White Twist – fill in [xx] throughout
- Dance with the Devil – get to 30000 words/finish 1st draft
- Fade Away – get to 1300 words
- Patrick & Sarah – get to 4750 words
- Tavin & Haiwee – get to 3950 words
- Roman – get to 5450 words
- Dougal & Shae – get to 3400 words
- A-Z posts: draft
- RoW80: Stay up to date
- Listen: 5 books
- Read: 28 books
- Knitting: Clean Slate hat
- Crochet: Flower Coaster
- Loom: Ambrosia Love Scarf