Last week I was having a bit of a slump. My brain was just in a “don’t wanna” mode. I ended up basically taking Friday off. Other than doing my Story a Day piece, I didn’t do any writing. I also decided to start up with my Mellow Monday. So, this week I did finish the chapter I’d been struggling with in Flames of Knowledge and my Story a Day, but I didn’t worry about anything else. I got all the laundry for the week done, as well as a bunch of other household stuff.
Then, yesterday, I wrote over 3000 words on Flames of Knowledge. That did take me most of the day, along with getting other stuff done, but it was more than what I wrote all together last week. So, taking that break seems to have helped. I’ll continue taking Mondays off as long as it keeps working for me. 🙂
My husband started his new job on Monday. Two days is a little soon to say it’s going well, but he’s seemed less stressed when he’s gotten home, so I’m taking that as a good sign that it was the right move.
And now that it’s Wednesday, it’s time for WiPPet Wednesday! I’ve been working straight through my list of goals for the week. First, writing, then editing, then plotting and side projects. So, I’ll be sharing from whatever I happen to be working on when I get to this post. Right now, that happens to be Craving You, the next in my Kurztown series. I’m currently still plotting this, so I don’t have many words written. I say many, because I’ve used these characters for a couple of the Story a Day prompts this month. If you’ve followed this blog for a while, you’ve likely seen snippets of Erik. He’s been a bit of a scene stealer. But, now he’s finally getting his story. I have 16 sentences to share today.
Erik swung the basket a little as he headed for the far aisle of the grocery store. He hadn’t made a list. Gabriel always got after him about that, but really, what was so wrong with the list in his head? He knew what they needed. For dinner tonight, since Lora would finally be home. Really, with the way Gabriel was acting, he would have thought the woman had been gone a month instead of just a weekend.
But, the two of them were so in love, it almost made Erik sick. Okay, that wasn’t the right word. Jealous, envious, green-eyed. Those all worked a lot better, and it was getting harder not to let it show. Not that he wasn’t happy for both of them, and it wasn’t even either of them he wanted. The night the three of them had spent together had been great, but it wasn’t really what he wanted.
He just wanted what they had. With someone who would look at him the way they looked at each other, but that person would barely even look his way.
Maybe it was better that way. Erik was good at ruining things, but not so good at keeping them together.
Aw, Erik. Just wait. 😉
Finished/Monthly Goal Met
- Primary: Craving You – Story Toolkit
- This Week – Character Arc 2, Romance Arc, Subplot, Event Brainstorm 1, Event Brainstorm 2
- Secondary: Craving You – Outline Act 1
Tertiary: Flames of Knowledge – Outline Acts 3
- Stretch: Heart to Heart – Brainstorm
- Primary: Flames of Knowledge – Chapter 28 – 10525/~15000 words
This Week: Get through Chapter 26– Through Chapter 26/26
- Side Projects – 3350 words – 1820/3350 words
- This Week: Riley Fire – 1000 words – 0/1000 words
- Jonas & Isaac – 15 pages – 7.08/15 pages
- This Week: 3.25 pages – 0/3.25 pages
- By the Gun – 6 scenes
- Primary: Flames of Renewal – Beta edits(I wasn’t sure if I’d get these back before the end of the month, so I hadn’t initially included it. But I did)
This Week: Compile comments through Chapter 15– Finished through Chapter 15/15
- Primary2: Stained Blood – Beta edits
- Secondary: Short Story Collection
- Bree & Jenny
- Goin’ Down
- Meeting Jonas*
- Changing History
- Tertiary: Paint Me a Picture – Transfer to Scrivener
Stretch: Law of Choice – send to CP– Sent it her way Wednesday.
- Read: 20 books – 11/20
Yours for Christmas(Susan Mallery)– Started this Sunday afternoon.
- Inkmistress(Audrey Coulthurst) – Started this Sunday night. On page 124/387
- Oaths(Lindsay Buroker) – Started this Tuesday afternoon. At 33%
Listen: 5 books– 10/5 books Joy Ride(Lauren Blakely)– Started this Saturday morning. Finished it Sunday afternoon Neanderthal Marries Human(Penny Reid)– Started this Monday morning. Finished it Tuesday afternoon.
- Friends Without Benefits(Penny Reid) – Started this Tuesday afternoon. On Chapter 14/33
- Primary: Post 5 regular weekly posts – 11/21
- This week:
- Fiction Friday
- Stream of Consciousness Saturday
- Weekend Writing Warriors
- Sunday Summary
- This week:
- Secondary: Post 31 stories for Story a Day – 15/31
- Tertiary: Make 3 Patreon posts – 1/3
- Knit: Dunfallandy Baby Blanket
- This Week – Finish Side 3 – 10/56 rows
- Crochet: Boxy Blanket
- This week – Get through Row 80 – 70/80 rows