It can be hard to write a light-hearted intro when there’s bad stuff going down outside the window(not literally my window. It’s dark and peaceful right here). I tend to withdraw when there’s any kind of bad news or worry even, on the news or even in my own life. Like me completely blocking that my stepdad was having knee replacement surgery the other week(he was being stupid and doing more than he should shortly after getting home. So, you know, pretty typical). Last time he had surgery was on his heart about 8 years ago, and I was a nervous wreck the whole time.
So, that’s what I do. I shut out everything else, and I bury myself in fiction. Not necessarily a great way to deal with the world. I often care too much and get overwhelmed by it. Another reason it’s not good to tell your kids they’re too sensitive(which I’ve been guilty of myself and am trying to do better). It doesn’t give very many coping methods for dealing with an insensitive world.
Anyway, good stuff happening here. Went to the bookstore with the girl on Sunday. I got three new books, the girl got 2. And I got her to try a new series, which she seems to have liked(she’d read most of it on the way home). We also got our hair cut. Left it up to the kids how short they wanted to go. Girl decided to go with shoulder-length. I went a little shorter than before. It was starting to feel like I had a mop on top of my head. There’s a little bit of bangs I can twirl while I’m writing, though.
I’ve had a fairly good week of writing so far. Especially when it comes to the Jonas & Isaac project(considering I wasn’t supposed to start writing their story yet and don’t even have it plotted out, just a couple notes jotted down). I have more from that for my WiPPet Wednesday, a blog hop where we share a snippet from a current WiP that somehow pertains to the date. Today I have 7 paragraphs(1+6 for the day). This picks up almost right after last week’s(there’s only one paragraph between them).
Jonas turned his head the other way, still refusing to look at him. “So, I guess you’re still angry with me,” Isaac said softly. “I never thought you’d be the type to hold a grudge, Jonas.”
His throat felt too thick to even respond. He’d stopped being angry by the time he’d finished boot camp. The heartache had taken longer to disappear. Maybe by the time he’d met Santiago when he was stationed in Texas while doing his combat medic training.
It had still hurt to think about him, though, so he’d done his best not to. Santiago had helped with that, until they realized they were better friends than lovers. He hadn’t been the last relationship Jonas had, though he hadn’t remained friends with the others.
And now when he needed Santiago the most, he wasn’t here.
He saw Isaac’s hand go up to brush hair away from his face. Bracelets clinked together on his wrists at the movement. The gesture and sound was so familiar, Jonas couldn’t help but look up.
He had a hard time focusing on Isaac’s face since his left eye didn’t like to cooperate. And even with the severe hearing loss in his left ear, he heard Isaac’s gasp. Or maybe he saw his mouth round and his brain interpreted it as a gasp. He didn’t know. It didn’t matter because Isaac was already turning away from him.
He was wrong, the heartache wasn’t gone. It was slamming into him, just like the medevac chopper had slammed into the ground a couple months ago. Only this time, he wasn’t sure he’d survive the crash.
Why did Isaac take off out of there like that? Will they ever be able to get back to where they were? Will Jonas survive this(I’m pretty sure we all know this answer;) )
Don’t forget you can visit the other WiPPeteers here.
And now for my RoW80 update. Internet has been acting wonky the last couple days, but it finally seems to be better. So hopefully I can get this posted without any problems.
- Primary: Write 50000 words on 5 main projects – 24862/50000 Pretty much on target
- Heart of Christmas – 1053 words
- Still Burning – 1341 words
- Whatever It Takes – 1363 words
- High on Loving You – 1259 words
- By the Gun – 1115 words
- Secondary: Write 10000 words on 10 side projects – 4315/10000 nearly on target here, too.
- Patrick & Sarah – 45 words
- Tavin & Haiwee – 57 words
- Roman – 71 words
- Dougal & Shae – 56 words
- Jacob & Matthew – 35 words
Mike & Fadil– 239 words
Had he truly been such an awful son? Well, he would start to make up for it. Starting right now. *Aw, Fadil. Your mother does not think that.
- Preggers – 48 words
- Hawk –
- Sean & Braeden – 111 words
Jacob’s Stepfather– 186 words & this one is done!
“Yes, son,” the officer said. “He had identification on him, and my partner here recognized him. Again, we’re sorry for your loss. Can we-”
“Good riddance,” Jared said before he could say more, then he slammed the door shut.
Stretch: Write 40 pages in composition notebook on Jonas & Isaac’s story – 40/40.These boys are just relentless, especially on my wrists. The problem with writing by hand. Guess I’m upping the goal to 50 now(considering at the beginning of the month it was 20). Waaaaay ahead of target
- Primary: Edit Stained Blood as I get chapters back – 0/25 chapters. Still waiting
- Secondary: Edit Flames of Renewal once I get it back – 0/25 chapters. Still waiting.
Polish In the Moonlight & Staring at the Sun, post Staring at the Sun on Wattpad, Edit Midas’ Daughter – Reorganized Midas’ Daughter chapters & sent to my kindle to read through. Read through Midas’ Daughter. Right on target, maybe even a bit ahead.
- Primary: Read 30 books – 15/30 Right on target
The Crepes of Wrath(Sarah Fox)– Started this Sunday morning. Finished it Sunday night. Liked it, but there were a lot of parts where I was feeling meh. Added the next book to list anyway. I’ll probably grab it if it goes on sale. If it’s another ‘meh’, I probably won’t read the next. The Upside of Unrequited(Becky Albertalli)– Started this Monday afternoon. Finished it Monday evening. Just loved this so much.
- Stranded with the Cyborg(Cara Bristol) – Started this Tuesday afternoon. At about 75%.
- Secondary: Listen 4 books – 3/4 Ahead of target
- Rock Solid(Riley Hart) – Started this Sunday afternoon. On Chapter 28/45
- Stretch: Read 1 craft/research book – 0/1
- Primary: Post Writing Wednesday, Fiction Friday(Cover for Staring at the Sun), SOCS(some of Jonas & Isaac’s story), WeWriWa(a bit of Hawk’s Story), & Sunday Summary(final check-in for last week) posts each week – 5/5 posts last week(all but WW linked above) Staying on target
- Secondary: Post to Patreon at least 1x a week – Didn’t post anything this week. Trying to decide exactly what I want to post. If you were my patron(and you can be for only $1 a month), what would you want to see from me? I feel like I’m talking to a void there since I don’t have any patrons there, but I don’t want to just stop posting content.
- Stretch: Stay current with blog comments – Current as of Tuesday afternoon