Yeah, the time change officially caught up with me this morning. I did okay the last couple days. This morning I woke up, glanced at my phone, blinked and double-checked the time. Yes, it really was 5:30. My alarm goes off at 4, so I can usually be at the computer by 5. I don’t even remember it going off this morning. I’ve still managed to knock a couple goals out this morning(I was already slightly ahead on them and since I’ve already knocked out most of my weekly chores, I’m splitting my first “hometending” session between writing and social media).
Not a whole lot else going on so far this week. Getting taxes done tomorrow, eye doctor appointments on Saturday and hopefully a haircut(haven’t gotten one since November and it is driving me nuts), then the fire department’s awards banquet that night and a busy Sunday as well. May have to re-institute my Mellow Monday next week again.
But, for now, it’s WiPPet Wednesday time and I have more of Jonas & Isaac for you all. I have 5 paragraphs(1+4 for the day) today, a little farther on than last week’s. The mood has shifted slightly, or at least Jonas is trying to shift it.
Then, the shirt was over his head. He groaned as Jonas’ mouth slid along his shoulder, and Isaac was sure his eyes were going to roll back into his head from the pleasure.
Isaac tugged on Jonas’ shirt, needing to touch him, too. Jonas pulled back just long enough to remove it, tossing it behind him. Then, their chests were pressed together, their tongues tangling as Jonas buried his fingers in Isaac’s hair.
“You better not be doing this just to distract me,” Isaac said when he had to pull away to take a breath. “I’m still worried about you.”
“Fuck worrying,” Jonas said roughly. “Just kiss me.”
Well, Isaac couldn’t really argue with that. Not that he wanted to.
What, it’s cold outside? Are you sure? *turns on a fan* 😉 Next week, I may be sharing from the second notebook for this.
Finished/Monthly Goal Met Weekly Goal Met
- Primary: Outline Act 4 of High on Loving You – 7/10 scenes outlined
Secondary: Outline Act 1 of Green Hills & Smoky Fields2–
- Tertiary: Outline James & Tracy(Gilbert #8) – finished GMCs, James’ back story, started Tracy’s back story
- I found the notes I had for this story(well, character notes) from when I first started writing this series back in the early 2000s. And the title I’d had for it: Nowhere to Run. I don’t know why I thought it was similar to one in my BC Security series. At one time, I had like three generations to write stories about. I also didn’t have a lot of the stories(like Connie’s and Carlos’ and Toby’s) written. This one had been #3 back then.
- Stretch: Brainstorm Erik & Jeff(Kurztown #7)
- Primary: High on Loving You – 1st draft – 6671/~35000 words, 1754 this week
- Secondary: Side Projects – 5000 words – 1224/5000 words I’m doing this a little differently this month. Working on the one I plan to post to Patreon, then I’ll start on the others.
- Melanie & Garren – 1224/~1500 words, 405 this week
- Tertiary: Jonas & Isaac – 15 pages – 5.5/15 pages
- Stretch: By the Gun – 2500 words
- Primary: Stained Blood – Beta edits as they come in –
- Secondary: Flames of Renewal –
Finish edits& polish. Find beta readers – Started polishing on Monday. 16/49 words searched for. At -674 words for this phase.
- Tertiary: Edit short stories for 2(maybe) collections(not submissions, my own collections)
- Stretch: Law of Choice – send to CP
- Primary: Read 20 books – 9/20
- Fall of the Titan(Christina Ochs) – Carrying this one over from January. At 45%.
The Raider(Monica McCarty)– Started this Thursday morning. Finished it Sunday afternoon. Enjoyed it. Down Home Cowboy(Maisey Yates)– Started this Friday morning. Finished it Sunday night. Really enjoyed it.
- Stolen Legacy(Lindsay Buroker) – Started this Monday afternoon. At 25%
- Until We Touch(Susan Mallery) – Started this Tuesday afternoon. On page 108/376
- Secondary: Listen 5 books – 3/5
- Lion in the Valley(Elizabeth Peters) – Picked this back up Monday morning. On Chapter 7/14
Come Away with Me(Kristen Proby)– Started this Monday afternoon. Set it aside at about 25%. Got really irritated when the “shero” got upset finding out the “hero” hadn’t been completely honest with her. That was fine, then she told him to leave her house and he refused, including shouting at her. And I was just like “nope. I’m done.” I wasn’t deeply invested in the book anyway. West Cork(Sam Bungey & Jennifer Forde)– Started this Monday evening. Finished it Tuesday evening. This was really interesting.
- Primary: Post 5 regular weekly posts – 9/23
- Secondary: Post to Patreon 3 times – 1/3
- Tertiary: Draft 24 A-Z posts – 12/24
- Stretch: Edit 27 A-Z posts – 8/27
- Knit: Dunfallandy Baby Blanket – Triangle 5: 33/33 rows, Triangle 6: 9/33