It seems like this break between rounds has gone particularly fast. Maybe because I haven’t really taken a break. Still writing every day, except for usually on weekends. And plotting my next project(which I’ll be writing for NaNoWriMo this year), and taking another look at my Western novella before sending it off to Beta readers. In fact, I almost forgot about writing up my goals until I saw a post on Twitter yesterday reminding me the next round starts on Monday. So, I figured I should get to it. As usual, I came up with quite a list and they are organized into categories.
- October: Write at least 30,000 words on Flames of Redemption. This will bring me up to between 40,000-45,000 words(am at just over 11k now).
- November: Write my 1667 words a day on Nano project first. Then, write at least 500 on Flames of Redemption every day(I should have around 60k by the end of the month if I can do this).
- December: Finish Flames of Redemption. My target is to write at least 1000 words a day, so can hopefully be done just before Christmas. If I do finish then, I will turn back to finishing the NaNo project(I know what I’m writing, but it’s still untitled). This most likely won’t be until after the round is over though, so I won’t include it with the goals.
- October: Finish Plotting/outlining NaNo project by the end of the month
- October: Read through Novella and make any changes
Send to Beta Readers by 10/31
- December: 1st Read through of Slow Revenge
You may notice I have no plotting or editing goals for the month of November. I decided to simply concentrate on writing for that month since I can’t seem to stay away from the challenge of NaNoWriMo.
- Comment on at least 5 blogs/week
- Keep Up with my blog
- Reply to comments on my posts
I realized I have really started slacking on leaving comments for others. I’m not sure why this is, but I want to start being more supportive again. So, I’m going to focus on leaving more comments. And I’ve also been slacking lately on posts other than my weekly check-ins. so, need to work on that as well.
- Read 15 novels(will include novellas and collections of stories in this)
- Read 1 craft book
I easily surpassed my goal of 12 books last round, so decided to stretch it out this time. I do not currently have a craft book picked out, but would be open to suggestions. Have already read Plot & Structure(James Scott Bell) & Self-Editing for Fiction Writers(Renni Browne & Dave King). What are some other good ones?
- Walk on treadmill 3x a week
- Keep track of calories in/out on My Fitness Pal.
I haven’t been doing health goals, but we recently bought a treadmill(secondhand), and I was lazy over the summer about exercising and paying attention to what I was eating. So, now I need to get back on track.
So, those are my goals for this round. All are ones that are manageable for me, although some may be a stretch for me. But, if you don’t push yourself, how do you get better?