Friday when I turned on my computer, it said Windows wanted to do an update. I figured, what the heck. I’d already put it off once. And it usually only takes a little while. Ha! 2 hours later! It finally finished. But, then when I tried to go to wordpress to read blogs I follow, a page comes up saying “A secure connection could not be established” or something like that. That was using Microsoft Edge, which I’ve used without a problem since installing Windows 10. I tried on Firefox and finally managed to get them to come up after much refreshing. Apparently this is going to become an issue(something about SSL certificates that I don’t really know anything about).
Saturday we went and got groceries, dropped the kids off at mother-in-law’s and came home so we could get ready. This was the first year our station for the motorcycle club we belong to has held a “Kickin’ Cancer” dinner/dance benefit. The ride we have in August raises funds for a local oncology center. This benefit was for the same thing but to spread it around to more than the “motorcycle crowd”. There weren’t a whole lot of people there this year, but hopefully the word will spread a bit more and that will change next year.
This week was a bit off for me. I still made progress, just not nearly as much as I would like.
- Green Hills & Smoky Fields – Story Toolkit – Finished Event Brainstorm 2 & Locations. 4/9 sections On Target
- Primary: Write 35000 words on main projects – 11926/35000 words Off Target(about 4k below target)
Still Burning– 2390 words
- He dropped onto the couch, not having the energy to make it all the way to his bedroom. Why bother anyway? The last time he’d been in there, Jess had been with him. And the last thing he needed right now, was reminders of that. He’d never get any sleep.
Whatever It Takes– 2303 words
- And that meant keeping her distance from Carisa as well. For the best anyway, she thought. Nothing could ever come from that. It wasn’t worth the risk *Oh, Jayla, this is so not true. It will be worth the risk. Just wait and see. 😉
- High on Loving You – 1256 words(these were written last Sunday after I posted my check-in)
- By the Gun – haven’t touched this yet this month.
- Secondary: Write 4500 words on side projects – 2451/4500 words On Target
Patrick & Sarah– 131 words Tavin & Haiwee– 117 words Roman– 146 words Dougal & Shae– 188 words Jacob & Matthew– 140 words Mike & Fadil– 108 words Hawk– 172 words Sean & Braeden– 118 words Melanie & Garren– 144 words
- Stretch: Write 25 pages for Jonas & Isaac project – 15/25 pages. On Target
- Primary: Stained Blood – Beta edits as they come in – 1/24 chapters, typed up notes for 2/2 scenes from Chapter 3, finished writing 2 new scenes, edited 2 existing scenes: 1514 words, got Chapter 4 back but it won’t open 😦 Off Target
- Secondary: Flames of Renewal – CP edits once I get them – 0/25 chapters Not even sighted in yet
- Stretch: Love Who You Love – type from Word to Scrivener – 6/11 chapters On Target
Listen: 5 audiobooks– 6/5 Bullseye! Taming Cross(Ella James)– Started this Sunday afternoon. Finished it Wednesday afternoon. Was ok, but had some issues with it.
- Lord of Shadows(Cassandra Clare) – Started this Thursday morning. On Chapter 11/30
- Read: 30 books – 11/30 Slightly Off Target
Drive(Sidney Bristol)– Started this Friday evening. Finished it Sunday night. Liked it but didn’t feel really drawn in until closer to the end. Still going to continue the series. Picture Her Bound(Sidney Bristol)– Read this Monday morning. It was a shorter one, but really enjoyed it. One True Pairing(Cathy Yardley)– Started this Monday morning. Finished it Monday night. Loved it. One Snowy Night(Jill Shalvis)– Read this Monday night. Great novella. Loved it. Accidentally on Purpose(Jill Shalvis)– Started this Tuesday morning. Finished it Tuesday night. Loved it. One Dance with a Duke(Tessa Dare)– Started this Wednesday afternoon. Finished this Thursday night. Really enjoyed it.
- Fear No Evil(Allison Brennan) – Started this Thursday night. On page 214/408
- Primary: Post
Writing Wednesday, Fiction Friday , Stream of Consciousness Saturday, Weekend Writing Warriors, & Sunday Summaryeach week – 10/20 posts On Target
- Secondary: Post to Patreon 4x – 1/4 Off Target
- Knit: GENEie Hat – Started this Tuesday. 6/6 rounds of ribbing done. 12/53 rounds of cable pattern done Target in sight
- Crochet: Dreamy Scarf –