November is at its end, NaNoWriMo is won(and first draft is finished), and the holiday season is upon us. We had a good Thanksgiving, and I actually did take the day off. Well, mostly. I did some brainstorming before we left the house for my mom’s, but I didn’t turn the computer on at all. Didn’t venture out on Friday, but we did order the girl’s big Christmas present(a Kindle Fire. The boy’s is a new bike). Our Christmas shopping is pretty much finished. We’ll probably get them a few other little things, but otherwise it’s done. Christmas morning at our house goes pretty fast because we keep it small. But, we have Christmas with my dad next weekend, Christmas Eve with my MiL, Christmas at my mom’s(with my 2 sisters and their families) and the Saturday after Christmas with step-MIL and husband’s siblings. They’ll get more than enough.
Yesterday we got family pictures taken then went to get our eyes checked. Both my husband and I wear glasses, although he doesn’t need his as much as I do. And at the girl’s last doctor appointment, they felt she was right on the edge of needing glasses. So, we got their eyes checked too. Both kids are farsighted, but according to the eye doctor that isn’t unusual at their ages, so no glasses for them. My prescription hasn’t changed at all, so I just got some new frames. And contact lenses for the first time in about 8 years. Feels really weird not wearing glasses. I stopped wearing them when I was pregnant with the girl because they didn’t fit right, and I just never bothered with them after that. I probably won’t wear them every day, since I’m mostly at home(and tend to rub at my eyes when I’m editing). So, I got a trial of 1 day disposable ones. And I have the regular(30 day) pair the dr gave me to check how they fit.
My CP is hosting a giveaway over on her blog this weekend. It actually runs through Monday. There’s a chance to win one of 14 different books(including mine). You can hop on over and check it out.
As for this week:
Scars and All – finish 1st draft – 17609 words written this week, including ‘The End’. At Her Hands – brainstorm– this is done. I can start character back stories this coming week. Read: How to Write Dazzling Dialogue– finished this.
- Crochet: Easy Crochet Owl – not quite finished with this. Just have a couple final touches to add though.
It’s been a really good month, and now it’s time to look forward to the next, which will mean a shift to editing. First, I’ll evaluate how I did this past month.
- Scars and All – 1st draft(shooting for around 70k) just over 77500 words. A little longer than I’d planned.
- Chasing the Ghost – get this between 45,000-50,000 words. sitting at under 40k right now. Set this aside at 42,800+ Planning on picking it back up after I finish edits.
- Flames of Redemption – Beta edits -set this aside after Chapter 15 to focus on Scars and All. Picking it back up tomorrow though.
- Flames of Recompense(Callum’s story working title) – Outline
- Secret project – Outline – brainstormed
- listen to 1 audiobook(to be decided) – listened to: Time’s Edge, Time’s Echo, and re-listened to Timebound(Rysa Walker), Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy(Ally Carter), and started The Retribution of Mara Dyer(Michelle Hodkin)
- Read 10 books(or more) – 17 books
- Read How to Write Dazzling Dialogue(James Scott Bell)
- Knit: 2 projects(Wisconsin Winter Slippers & Lake District Hat)
For next month, like I said, my focus will be on editing. I’m hoping to get Flames of Redemption finished and maybe even have The Choice ready to send to beta readers.
- Flames of Redemption: finished beta edits & proofread
- The Choice: apply CP edits
- At Her Hands – Outline
- Patrick’s Story(Gilbert #5) – Outline
- Listen to The Retribution of Mara Dyer
- Read 15 books
- Read 1 craft/research book
- Knit: 3 projects
- Crochet: 4 projects
For this week:
- Flames of Redemption: Finish edits
- At Her Hands – Character Work
- Read: Falling for Autumn(Heather Topham Wood), Vanilla on Top(C.J. Ellisson), & Violet Midnight(Allie Burke)
- Crochet: Finish Owl
- Crochet: Flower Hot Pad