I’m not quite as far ahead this week as I was last week. But, I’m still making progress. We had a busy weekend, and the kids have had vacation bible school this week. Mother in law picks them up and takes them in, husband brings them home. Which gives me a few hours in the evening of having the house all to myself.
Not much else going on this week. Though it seems we might finally be lice free. Can I do a happy dance now? Cautiously optimistic right now, since yesterday is the first day I found none when combing through the girl’s hair. For about a week before that, I’d been finding about 2 each day. They just didn’t seem to want to give it up. But, hopefully now they’re gone.
I’m still working on Nowhere to Run this week, so you actually get something from that this week for WiPPet Wednesday. This is just after James and Tracy meet for the first time. James’ brother, and a couple others are taking him out for his 21st birthday. They’ve just ordered him his first drinks. I have 9 paragraphs(1+8 for the day)
James stared at the waitress who had just turned and gone back to the bar with the orders. He wasn’t even sure what the guys had ordered him to drink. He didn’t really care, either. He thought he might already be intoxicated.
What had just happened there?
His brother laughing drew him out of his thoughts. “What’s so funny?” he asked.
“You,” Todd said, still chuckling. “You look like you’ve been pole-axed.”
“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”
Todd put his arm aver James’ shoulders. “Don’t worry. It’s natural. I’m pretty sure I felt the same when I first saw Jade. My god, was she lovely? And so often spitting fire at me.”
“She still seems to do that,” James said, shrugging his brother’s arm away as he saw Tracy heading back their way with a tray of drinks. “Stop being an idiot. This is nothing like that.”
Todd snorted, but James ignored him, keeping his gaze on the waitress. “Yeah, no,” Todd said. “Not a thing like that. Not at all.”
Even James could hear the sarcasm in his voice.
Already in denial, James? How long are you going to be able to keep that up? 😉
- Primary: Heart to Heart – finish Story Toolkit
- This Week: Event Brainstorm 1 & 2
- Secondary: Heart to Heart – Outline Act 1, List rest of scenes
Tertiary: Nowhere to Run – Outline Act 2 This Week: Outline– 20/20 scenes outlined
- Stretch: Neil & Lin(Rileys #2) – Brainstorm
- Primary: Nowhere to Run – Draft through Chapter 14/~25000 words – 15054/25000 words
- This Week: Write 6 scenes – Finished scene 4/6
- Secondary: Side Projects – 5000 words – 3329/5000 words
- This Week:
- Arresting Callum – 275 words – 0/275 words
- Hawk – 250 words – 0/250 words
- Jacob & Matthew – 250 words – 0/250 words
- This Week:
- Tertiary: Jonas & Isaac – 15 pages – 7.25/15 pages
- This Week: 3.5 pages – 0/3.5 pages
- Stretch: By the Gun – 4 Chapters – 2/4 chapters
- This Week: Chapter 3– 0/3 scenes
- Primary: Short Story Collection
- This Week: Bree & Jenny – 1 scene –
- Secondary: Stained Blood – Beta Edits(as I get chapters back)
- Tertiary: Flames of Renewal – Proofread(once I get it back from proofreader)
- Stretch: Law of Choice – CP edits(if I get it back this month)
- Flames of Renewal
- Read: 20 books – 19/20 books
Country Heaven(Ava Miles)– Started this Sunday morning. Finished it Sunday evening.
- Two by Two(Debbie McGowan) – Started this Sunday evening. At 79%
Listen: 5 books– 10/5 Rescue My Heart(Jill Shalvis)– Started this Monday morning. Finished it Monday night.
- Rumor Has It(Jill Shalvis) – Started this Tuesday morning. On Chapter 26/28
- Post 5 Regular Blog Posts – 11/21 posts
- This Week:
- Fiction Friday
- Stream of Consciousness Saturday
- Weekend Writing Warriors
- Sunday Summary
- This Week:
- Post to Patreon 3 times – 1/3
- This Week: Coming Soon