Busy, busy weekend. Friday night when my husband got home from work, we headed up to the city. First up: hair cuts for the kids and me. The girl only got a little trimmed off. The boy got his mostly buzzed off.
It feels so good to have it short again. It’s been more than ten years since it’s been this short. Then, we got dinner, and groceries, last minute birthday stuff for the boy’s party, and new shoes for school.
Yesterday we had niece’s 8th birthday party. Sister-in-law held it at a pond near their house. The kids spent almost the whole time swimming in the pond. I even asked the girl if she wanted to get out to eat, but she firmly told me “no”. She finally did, ate some food(mostly veggies and fruit), and after her cousin opened presents, went right back into the water. She may be part fish. 😉
After we got home, I baked cupcakes and once the kids went to bed, wrapped the boy’s presents. This morning, I’ve submitted a short story to the World Unknown Review, frosted cupcakes, cleaned up all the surfaces that become catch-alls in this house, and blown up a few balloons. Less than 3 hours until the boy’s party starts, and there’s just a few more things I need to get done first, so decided to take a break to work on this post.
Write 5000 words on any of 4 projects– 5016 words on 2 projects
- Shed Some Light – 3224 words – “I don’t know what you’re talking about. I heard he died from a fight in prison. I couldn’t have had anything to do with that. I’m not the one who got myself locked up.”
- Closing Time – 1792 words – Gio’s lips moved then, forming some words. Cam might have thought they were ‘Thank you, God,’ but that could have just been wishful thinking.
Stained by Ashes – finish beta edits– finished these – added 2909 words to this.
- Healing the Heart – Polish – made progress on this.
- Guarding the Heart – layer in world building details – didn’t do any of this yet. Maybe next month.
Defending the Heart – write Spenser’s back story, start plot summaries– finished the back stories, plot summaries and have the first act outlined. Side projects – add 2000 words– 2356 words between all 5 projects
- Dance with the Devil – 934 words – “We didn’t have anything to do with that,” I said. “If you just let me get through, we can all forget any of this happened.” Not that I would. I’d be reporting it to Icarus and Bull the first chance I got.
- Snow White Twist – 1026 words – All she could think about was the way she’d reacted to Tarian’s touch. And the way Tarian had reacted in return. Had there been something there, or had she just imagined it?No. She’d never had quite that good of an imagination.
- Patrick & Sarah – 106 words – Her face was still drawn in hard lines, but he thought her eyes had softened with…confusion, maybe. Just how had people been treating her in the years since her husband had died? Patrick had fought in the war, too, and had seen plenty of men fall. Men who had left widows and possibly even orphans. He’d never worried about helping any of them before. But, something about these two pulled at him. He couldn’t explain it.
- Tavin & Haiwee – 137 words – Tavin’s face flushed hot at her question. He didn’t need her seeing him being a lumbering oaf. Some of the men said he seemed like he was part mountain goat at times. Right now, he felt more like a bear.
- Roman – 153 words – His boss studied him carefully then finally nodded. “All right. But you tell me if it gets to be too much, Ro. Don’t drown yourself with it.”He lied with a straight face. “I won’t, [xx].”
Submit Midas’ Daughter– just did that this morning. Now to wait. Won’t know anything until November. So, moving on to the next I plan to submit. Read: Writing Vivid Characters– 90% – got to 93%
The Broken Hearts’ Society of Suite 17C(LeighAnn Kopans), Hope Smolders(Jaci Burton), Far Too Tempting(Lauren Blakely), Daring Miss Danvers(Vivienne Lorret), Grimm Consequences(Kate Serine), Snake Heart(Lindsay Buroker),& Radio Silence(Alyssa Cole) – Finished Broken Hearts’ Society(loved), Hope Smolders(enjoyed), Far Too Tempting(had some issues which I discussed on Wednesday), Daring Miss Danvers(really enjoyed), Grimm Consequences(loved), Snake Heart(really enjoyed. Love the interaction between Dak and Yanko). Only about 16% into Radio Silence.
Pretty good week overall. Hoping next week will be as well. I have the goals figured for the rest of this month. I’ll have different goals for the second half of the week on Wednesday once I figure out next month’s goals.
- Write 3000 words
- Stained by Ashes – Polish
- Defending the Heart – finish outlining
- Side projects – add 1200 words
- Read: Writing Vivid Characters – finish
- Listen: Rough Justice(Sarah Castille)
- Read: Radio Silence(Alyssa Cole), Summer Nights(Susan Mallery), Summit of Seduction(Elena Aitken)