It’s a new round of RoW80, a new month, and a new project to work on. That is the next story in my Gilbert, Co series. I wrote parts of this years ago. Back then it was actually book 3 in the series, now it’s book 8(not counting the novellas). If you read book 1, Duty to Protect, you’ll recognize the main character. Except he was sixteen in that one. This one takes place about five years later.
It hasn’t been a bad start to the month, though I haven’t made as much progress as I’d hope. Still, it’s only the first Wednesday. Last night we went and watched fireworks set off over Presque Isle Bay. Fireworks are not my favorite thing, but the kids enjoyed it. We got there 2 hours early, the display only lasted 20 minutes, then we waited another hour just to get out of the parking lot. More fireworks Friday for a local festival and then our community is doing their fourth of July fireworks on the 7th.
I don’t have a whole lot of Nowhere to Run written yet, so I am going to share a little more from Flames of Knowledge. This actually happens a little bit before last week’s.
He put his hand over theirs, and Ames jerked slightly. “Sorry,” they said and started to pull their hand away. “I shouldn’t have…”
They trailed off when he tightened his hand over theirs. “Don’t,” he said, his voice coming out hoarse. “Please don’t.”
Their eyes widened slightly, but their hand stayed there, relaxing in his grip. Even when he let go, Ames kept the hand right where it was. “Do you feel that?” he asked. “No one else has done that to me. Not in a long time.” Ever maybe. But, that felt like too much to admit. This soon at least.
“A rapidly beating heart is not a good thing, Connor. It means your heart’s trying to work too hard.”
His lips curled up. “This is what I get. I am often too literal, and when I try to expose myself, it gets thrown back in my face.”
Ames’ lips quirked. “You better not be exposing yourself outside this apartment, or your brother might have to arrest you.”
His mouth fell open then he’d realized exactly what he’d said and laughed. When he rested his forehead against theirs, he said, “You know that is not what I meant. I’m trying to tell you something, Ames.”
“I know,” they said, smiling up at him. “I’m trying to not let you get too serious.”
“Too late. Ask anyone in my family, I’ve always been too serious.”
Ames smiled and ran their thumb along his lips. “I don’t know about that. You lighten up occasionally.”
The more they touched him, the faster the blood seemed to rush through him. He wasn’t used to this. He got turned on occasionally, but never this quick. Then again, maybe it wasn’t quick. He and Ames had been dancing around each other for more than two months now. Still, he didn’t want to make the wrong move.
- Primary: Heart to Heart – finish Story Toolkit
- This Week: Character Arcs – Marshall & Natalie
- Secondary: Heart to Heart – Outline Act 1, List rest of scenes
- Tertiary: Nowhere to Run – Outline Act 2
- Stretch: Neil & Lin(Rileys #2) – Brainstorm
- Primary: Nowhere to Run – Draft through Chapter 14/~25000 words – 2694/25000 words
- This Week: Write 6 Scenes – Finished scene 3/6
- Secondary: Side Projects – 5000 words – 693/5000 words
- This Week:
Arresting Callum – 500 words– 513/500 words
- Hawk – 500 words – 180/500 words
- Jacob & Matthew – 500 words
- This Week:
- Tertiary: Jonas & Isaac – 15 pages
- This Week: 2.5 pages
- Stretch: By the Gun – 4 Chapters
- This Week: Chapter 1
- Primary: Short Story Collection
This Week: Bree & Jenny – 1 scene
- Secondary: Stained Blood – Beta Edits(as I get chapters back)
- Tertiary: Flames of Renewal – Proofread(once I get it back from proofreader)
- Stretch: Law of Choice – CP edits(if I get it back this month)
- Flames of Renewal
- Read: 20 books – 6/20 books
Prowl(Alexis Duran)– Started this Saturday night. Finished it Sunday afternoon. Pounce(Alexis Duran)– Started this Sunday afternoon. Finished it Sunday evening. Roam(Alexis Duran)– Started this Sunday evening. Finished it Sunday night. The Last Single Girl(Bria Quinlan)– Read this Monday afternoon. Glutton for Pleasure(Alisha Rai)– Started this Monday afternoon. Finished it Monday night. Just Juliet(Charlotte Raegen)– Started this Monday night. Finished it Wednesday morning.
- Listen: 5 books – 4/5
Restore Me(Tahereh Mafi)– Started this Friday morning. Finished this Sunday morning. Level Up(Cathy Yardley)– Started this Monday morning. Finished it Monday afternoon. One True Pairing(Cathy Yardley)– Started this Monday afternoon. Finished it Tuesday afternoon. Hooked(Cathy Yardley)– Started this Tuesday afternoon. Finished it Tuesday night.
- Burning Up(Jennifer Blackwood) – Started this Wednesday morning. On Chapter 5/27
- Post 5 Regular Blog Posts – 2/21 posts
- This Week:
- Fiction Friday
- Stream of Consciousness Saturday
- Weekend Writing Warriors
- Sunday Summary
- This Week:
- Post to Patreon 3 times – 0/3