Yeah, yeah, I know. RoW80 is on break. I’m not, though. I’ve said it before, I do better when I can stick to a routine. So, I will keep up with my regular posting schedule.
Friday night, my husband took our son up to the racetrack to see the Monster trucks show. The girl and I stayed home, watched The Boxcar Children on Netflix and ate popcorn. I read the books when I was younger, and she got the first 4 of the series for Christmas. So, she was telling me everything that was different from the books as we watched. Yesterday, MIL picked the kids up, and husband and I went on a motorcycle ride. This one was a memorial for a firefighter who died about 9 years ago. It also raised money for the National Fallen Firefighter Fund. Last year it was pouring down rain for the ride. This year the weather was a lot better for it.
I think today we’re just sticking around the house.
Write 18000 words(raised my word count per project, but there’s 1 less project)– 25094 words. Definitely exceeded this goal. And I finished the first draft of Ready When You Are. It’s short and needs some work, but for now, it’s done.
- Protecting the Heart – 6412 words – “And since I saw you coming out of his room this morning, wearing his shirt, I imagine the rest of what I said holds true as well.”
- Ready When You Are – 6628 words – Kelan pulled back and grinned at Oliver. “Right now sounds perfect.”
- Shed Some Light – 3607 words – “So, you don’t remember telling me there would be no conflict of interest on this case you’re working?”She did remember saying that. She just didn’t understand what had changed. “There isn’t, sir.”
- Break on Me – 2477 words – “Come join us, Erik,” Kendall said again. “I promise we don’t bite.””Maybe I’d like that, though,” he said and winked, but he still didn’t move.
Color flushed Susan’s face again, but Kendall grinned at him, obviously finding a kindred spirit.
- In the Moonlight – 2151 words –
“Then, take it back. I’m not predictable.” She found another spot that had me gasping with laughter.
Finish back stories for Cam & Gio– got these done as well as the plot summary and planning out the character arcs. I have a scene list, and will start the actual outline this week. I should be able to start writing by Wednesday Dance with the Devil – get to 4500 words –Up to 5006 words – “You can’t be saying what it sounds like,” I burst out, slapping my hands on the table in front of me. I could feel the vibration through my hands, but I ignored it. Snow White Twist – get to 2500 words– 2547 words! She would, once and for all, be rid of the burden the king had left her. And no one would take away what was now hers. Read: Description – get to 85%– up to 87%
Finish How We Began, Ruled by Steel(S.M. Reine), Beautiful Demons(Sarra Cannon), When a Scot Ties the Knot(Tessa Dare), Divide(Jessa Russo),A Most Scandalous Proposal(Ashlyn Macnamara), The Admiral’s Bride(Suzanne Brockman) & Identity: Unknown(Suzanne Brockman) – I ended up setting aside the Beautiful Demons set after I finished the first book. Just didn’t care enough to continue. Opened When a Scot Ties the Knot & realized it’s actually book 3 in the series. So, I went back and read the first 2 books(Romancing the Duke & Say Yes to the Marquess). I loved all 3 of them. I started Divide, but didn’t get pulled in so set it aside and started A Most Scandalous Proposal. I’ve actually already read the sequel to this(A Most Devilish Rogue) a couple years ago(I think. It’s been a while). I’m almost halfway through this one. I should finish it today, then moving the rest of the books on my list to next week’s goals.
A lot of blue. Got a bit behind on the reading, but that happens. Goals for next week(yeah, I know what break means. I just choose to ignore it):
- Write 19,350 words between 5 projects
- Finish Outlining Cam & Gio’s story
- Dance with the Devil – get to 5900 words
- Snow White Twist – get to 3400 words
- Read: Description – 100%; decide on July’s research/craft book
- Read: A Most Scandalous Proposal, The Admiral’s Bride, Identity:Unknown, Good Girls Don’t(Victoria Dahl), The Marquess Who Loved Me(Sara Ramsey), Hard to Hold On To(Laura Kaye), A Fashionable Indulgence(K.J. Charles), & Star Nomad(Lindsay Buroker)
I’ll have my monthly wrap-up and new goals up probably Thursday. And goals for the next round on Sunday.