I instituted my first Mellow Monday this week. And I finished reading 3 books in one day. 1 was short, and I’d actually started it Sunday night. But, I’m still counting it. My word count for the week is a little low. But, I’m hoping to catch up there, too.
Yesterday my kids had their yearly check-ups, so that cut into my day a bit. Picked them up early from school and took them up for that. Both are in good health and still right along the same growth curve they’ve been on since birth. The girl is at about 35% for both height and weight. For the boy, that’s about 70% for height and 40% for weight(so basically tall & skinny, which I could see for myself.;) ) Which is basically how his dad was as a kid from what I’ve been told and his dad as well. They both got the flu shot, and that was it. So, they’re good for the next year, as long as neither of them get sick.
Today, I don’t have anything that needs to take me away from the house. Tomorrow is Open House night at the school, but that’s not until 6, so plenty of time to get stuff done. On Friday we’re dropping the kids at my mom’s and going out of town for the weekend, so I won’t be getting much done then.
But, for now, I have another bit of Jonas & Isaac’s story for WiPPet Wednesday. For today I have 29 sentences(9+20. Simple math today). This is just shortly after last week’s. Konner has left them alone to talk.
“You want to sit or something?” Isaac asked. He didn’t think staying up on those crutches could be that comfortable.
“I’m fine,” Jonas said, though his jaw was still tight. “Toby came to bring me home for the weekend.” Isaac figured Toby must not have spoken to Jonas since then, since Isaac already knew that. “He told me, Isaac.”
Isaac kept his gaze on the floor. He wanted to look Jonas in the face, but it hurt. Not just seeing the scars there, but the pain that was evident in the rigid line of his jaw and in those dark eyes he’d always loved looking into.
“Told you what?” He didn’t even know why he was playing. Toby had told him he’d let Jonas know.
“About your dad. That he’s about to be released. Are you okay?”
Isaac’s head snapped up at that. “That’s why you’re here? The only reason you’d come to see me is because you think I’m falling apart because my asshole father is getting out of jail.” He didn’t know why he was surprised. Still, it hurt.
“I was worried about you,” Jonas said.
Just like Toby had told him. It didn’t help this ache in his chest, though. “Well, don’t be. I’ve got it handled. There are people who never left me who will stand around me.”
“You broke up with me,” Jonas reminded him. Like he really needed to.
“Because you were already planning to leave.”
Ouch. Will they get past this? is that really the only reason Jonas came to see him? Will he admit the real reason?
- Primary: Green Hills & Smoky Fields: Book 1 – Story Toolkit – finished the first character arc worksheet 8a/18
- Secondary: Plan out weekly Story a Day offerings – Plotted 13/15 so far. The others from the second set of prompts aren’t really plottable(write in opposite setting from last time/write opposite your usual method). On target.
- Primary: Write 45000 words on 5 main projects(
one almost complete) – 18477/45000 words Off target
- Still Burning – 512 words
- Whatever It Takes – 310 words
- High on Loving You – 505 words
- By the Gun –
- Secondary: Write 10000 words on 10 side projects – 4456/10000 words A little off target
- Tavin & Haiwee –
- Roman –
- Dougal & Shae –
- Jacob & Matthew –
- Mike & Fadil–
- Hawk –
- Sean & Braeden –
- Melanie & Garren –
- Stretch: Write 50 pages on Jonas & Isaac project – 20/50 pages Off target
- Primary: Edit Stained Blood as I get chapters back – got Chapter 2 back last night. Will start edits later today.
- Secondary: Edit Flames of Renewal when I get it back –
- Stretch: Edit Preggers short story – Polished 9/49 items
- Primary: Read 30 books – 17/30 Fell Off Target
- Of Dreams and Rust(Sarah Fine) – Started this Monday(9/4) morning. At 14%. Not sure if it’s because it’s been so long since I read the first book or what, but I find myself not really caring. So setting this aside until I finish the other books on this month’s list(or at least for the week). Then, I may try to pick it back up.
If I Should Die(Allison Brennan) – Started this Friday night. Finished it Sunday afternoon. Really enjoyed it.
Love Is Murder(Allison Brennan) – Read this Sunday afternoon. This was a novella in the back of If I Should Die. I’m counting it as 2 books, since this was another 100 pages(it’s my list, I can cheat if I want. 😉 ) Enjoyed this one too.
Ash & the Prince(Katie Doyle) – Started this Sunday night. Finished it Monday morning. This is one I’ve had in my ‘free’ collection for quite some time. Didn’t really get into it, but it was short, so I kept reading.
Red Blooded(Caitlin Sinead) – Started this Monday morning. Finished it Monday afternoon. Enjoyed this one.
Mature Content(Megan Erickson & Santino Hassell) – Started this Monday afternoon. Finished it Monday night. Oh, I loved this so much!!!!!
Star Cruise: Outbreak(Veronica Scott) – Started this Tuesday morning. Finished it Tuesday night. Enjoyed it.
- Secondary: Listen to 6 books – 2/6 Close to target
- Beautiful Broken Rules(Kimberly Lauren) – Started this Monday morning. On Chapter 14/21.
- Stretch: Read 1 craft/research book – I did read a little more of The Story of the Irish Race for GH & SF.
- Primary: Post weekly Writing Wednesday, Fiction Friday, SOCS, WeWriWa, & Sunday Summary posts – On target
- Secondary: Write & Post 25 Story a Day pieces – 17/25 written. 14/25 posted On target
- Changing History
- Birth – takes place after the end of Jonas & Isaac’s story
- Dazzling Sunset – a bit with Ian and Aidan, from my short story, Hang On.
- Looking Up – a bit of a “meet cute” for 2 new characters.
- Moving Forward – a bit of ‘after ever after’ for Jonas & Isaac(though it comes before ‘Birth’.
- Not Twins – continuation to my Preggers story, not posted
- Motive – More Jonas & Isaac, combined with Stream of Consciousness Saturday
- Breaking Rules – A quick 100 words of dialogue without quotation marks(prompt was to break some rules).
- Konner & Derek – Wrote this by hand then dictated to my phone(both methods I don’t typically use).
- Rapunzel, Rapunzel – a bit of a gender-bent modernized version of Rapunzel, featuring Konner & Derek.
- A Good Sign – more with Konner & Derek, something that happens off page in Jonas & Isaac’s story.
- Like This Forever – more of Jonas & Isaac’s story, a bit emotional
- Slanting Sunlight – continuation of Looking Up
- Never Believe – a bit with Isaac shortly after him and Jonas break up.
- End of the Party – more with Jonas & Isaac
- The Monster – A really short one(125 words)
- The News – more with Jonas & Isaac, this would be after the end of their story.
- Stretch: Post to Patreon 4x – 2/4 – posted a monthly writing update & posted Chapter 2 of Patrick & Sarah’s story. On target