Taking Mondays off from writing seems to be doing the trick for keeping my motivation up. Last week I had all my writing goals done by Thursday afternoon. This week, it’s looking like they may be done sometime today. Yesterday I managed to get through writing, editing, and half of plotting goals. Finished the plotting goals already this morning. I’m a bit behind on the reading goals, so I’ll catch up on those after I get the last of the writing goals done then probably start on next week’s writing goals.
I haven’t moved on to the next goal yet, so we’ll still count Craving You as what I’m working on and share more from one of the pieces I’ve written for Story a Day. This is from the other main character’s, Jeff, POV. Easy math today, 23 sentences for the day.
Someone dropped into the seat across from him, and he jerked his head up. “What are you doing here?” he asked Erik. That should be obvious, though, since he had an apron on over his clothes.
“I was back in the kitchen. Anna mentioned you were out here, looking upset. What’s wrong?”
“Not a thing,” Jeff said.
“Come on, man. I know you better than that. Something’s eating away at you. Why don’t you tell me what it is?”
Because he was part of it. Why couldn’t he see that? “I said I’m fine. I don’t need you of all people to be coming down on me.” He almost expected Erik to make some innuendo-laced joke. He usually did.
Instead the other man’s face paled, and he pushed up from his chair. “Fine,” he said. “I’ll just leave you here to wallow in whatever misery’s coating you. Have fun with it.”
“Shit,” Jeff said when Erik had returned to the kitchen. “What is wrong with me?”
What is wrong? Will Jeff keep lashing out? Or will he eventually let Erik in?(If he doesn’t, it wouldn’t be Romance, so I think we know the answer there).
Finished/Monthly Goal Met
Primary: Craving You – Story Toolkit This Week – Locations, Act 1 Beat Sheet, Act 2 Beat sheet, Act 3 Beat sheet, Act 4 Beat Sheet, Timeline
- Secondary: Craving You – Outline Act 1
Tertiary: Flames of Knowledge – Outline Acts 3
- Stretch: Heart to Heart – Brainstorm
- Primary: Flames of Knowledge – Chapter 28 – 12221/~15000 words
This Week: Get through Chapter 27– Through Chapter 27/27
- Side Projects – 3350 words – 2837/3350 words
- This Week: Riley Fire – 1000 words – 0/1000 words
- Jonas & Isaac – 15 pages – 11.5/15 pages
- This Week: 2.25 pages – 0/2.25 pages
- By the Gun – 6 scenes
- Primary: Flames of Renewal – Beta edits(I wasn’t sure if I’d get these back before the end of the month, so I hadn’t initially included it. But I did)
This Week: Compile comments through Chapter 24– Through Chapter 24/24
- Primary2: Stained Blood – Beta edits
- Secondary: Short Story Collection
- Bree & Jenny
- Goin’ Down
- Meeting Jonas*
- Changing History
- Tertiary: Paint Me a Picture – Transfer to Scrivener
Stretch: Law of Choice – send to CP
- Read: 20 books – 14/20
- Inkmistress(Audrey Coulthurst) – Started this Sunday night. On page 201/387
- Shelter By the Sea(Elena Aitken) – Started this Wednesday afternoon. At 38%
- Exposed(Various) – Started this Friday afternoon. At 63%
Safe From Harm(Kate Serine)– Started this Monday morning. Finished it Monday night.
- Ever Touched(Erin Zarro) – Started this Tuesday afternoon. At 37%
Listen: 5 books– 17/5 books Happily Ever Ninja(Penny Reid)– Started this Monday morning. On Chapter 11/26 Dating-ish(Penny Reid)– Started this Monday afternoon. Finished it Tuesday afternoon. West Cork: Aftershow(Sam Bungey, Jesse Baker & Jennifer Forde)– Listened to this Tuesday afternoon.
- The Knocked-Up Plan(Lauren Blakely) – Started this Tuesday afternoon. On Chapter 31/43
- Primary: Post 5 regular weekly posts – 16/21
- This week:
- Fiction Friday
- Stream of Consciousness Saturday
- Weekend Writing Warriors
- Sunday Summary
- This week:
- Secondary: Post 31 stories for Story a Day – 22/31
- Tertiary: Make 3 Patreon posts – 2/3
This week: Post: Coming Soon
- Knit: Dunfallandy Baby Blanket
- This Week – Finish Side 3 – 40/56 rows
- Crochet: Boxy Blanket
- This week – Get through Row 90 – 84/90 rows