Welcome to another installment of Weekend Writing Warriors. I have more from Into the Sun for you, which I finally bit the bullet on and submitted Saturday morning. I have 8 sentences today from just a little past last week’s.
She grabbed my arms and pulled me into the house. “Oh, Trace, you’re back,” she said, kissing my face. “I’m so glad you decided to come home. I’ve missed you so much.”
I made myself pull back from her. “I’m not home, Mom. I just had to see you. Talk to you.”
What does he have to say to her? Well it go the way he hopes? Hang around. You might find out.
It’s been a bit of a mixed bag this week. Started out strong with over 3k on Monday. Tuesday’s count was less but still not bad. Wednesday I barely managed 1k and I think I’m going to re-plot and start over on that story because it’s been giving me trouble since I started it. Hoping I can figure out what the problem is with it, otherwise I may end up just scrapping it. Thursday I did some outlining and Friday was another pretty strong day. Overall not a bad week, just not as productive as I’d like.
Today we took the motorcycleout for probably one of the last rides of the season. It was …a little chilly. Even with chaps, leather jacket, vest, and gloves. But the newseat made it a much more comfortable ride. It also may have helped start to clear up my problem with By the Gun.
- Write 12k words – 11,011 words. Considering the trouble I had with By the Gun on Wednesday, this isn’t too bad. Hoping for more next week.
- Outline Bryan & Leo – didn’t get this quite finished. Got the first chapter summary done. Hoping to finish it this week, maybe even get a few words written on it.
Stained Blood (forgot to include this originally: Read Through– finished the read through. Not a lot of big changes other than a scene or two I might add in. Into the Sun – Submit– Like I said above, I finally bit the bullet on this one yesterday morning. Now, I wait.
- Just Add Moonlight – Read Through & Revision Notes – Hoping to get to this one today.
Read: 2k-10k – 35%– Got to this. Already putting some of it into practice.
Bare It All (Lori Foster), Instant Gratification (Jill Shalvis), Inflame (Tessa Teevan),Just a Little Crush (Renita Pizzitola), Someday Girl (Melanie Shawn) – Finished Inflame Thursday night even though I kept telling myself I should go to bed already. 11:30 and I finally did. Because the book was done. Also listened to The Clockwork princess (Cassandra Clare)and Buried(Kendra Elliot). Loved them both.
- Knit: Cuddly Chevron Blanket – Strip 18 – still making slow progress on this.
Goals for next week:
- Write: 3k each on Let It Begin, Guarding the Heart, and Some Fools Never Learn
- Outline: Bryan & Leo & By the Gun
- Revise: Stained Blood – 2nd round revisions. If time: start polishing
- Just Add Moonlight: Flesh out
- Read: 2k – 10k – 60%
- Read: Just a Little Crush, Someday Girl, City of Lost Souls (Cassandra Clare), Showdown at Yellow Butte (Louis L’Amour ), All For You (Jessica Scott), & Behind the Scenes (Dahlia Adler)
- Knit: Cuddly Chevron Blanket