I had a busy weekend; motorcycle ride on Saturday, a fire with friends Saturday night, church Sunday morning(visiting pastor was my husband’s uncle. Didn’t know that until we got there, though), then a meeting for the motorcycle club we ride with in the afternoon. It was at one of the member’s houses so it felt rather informal. Still, it was a lot of social interaction for me in two days. I was pretty exhausted by Sunday night. This weekend probably won’t be much better. I know we have at least one picnic to go to and fireworks Saturday night. And my routine will be thrown off next week with the holiday on Tuesday. Oh well, even if I fall off track, I’ll get back on.
Monday we had quite a storm. I thought it was just raining really hard. Then, I looked outside and saw hail coming down. Oh goody. It wasn’t anything too bad, though. It was small and didn’t seem to do damage to anything. It looked like it would rain most of Tuesday but never actually did, other than a little sprinkle.
But, now it’s Wednesday, which means it’s WiPPet Time. *dances in chair* *drinks more coffee to wake up some* Ok, I’m done with that. I’m back to working on Still Burning today. We’ve met Austin and Jess. So, now, I guess it’s time to share a snippet of them together. No, not like that. I don’t share those scenes on my blog. At least nothing explicit. 😀 *blushes* hehe. (Note: I really do blush easily even if I’m not embarrassed by something). Anyway, I have 10(2+8 for the day) paragraphs here. Austin left work at the fire station and stopped by the site where Jess is working. Someone said something about Jess that bothered Austin, so of course he wanted to jump to her defense, but she wouldn’t appreciate that.
“It doesn’t matter,” she said. “Everyone knows I’m a cold bitch anyway. What are you doing here, Austin?”
His fists didn’t loosen. “How can you say it doesn’t matter? He shouldn’t talk to you like that. You aren’t cold, Jess, and you aren’t a bitch. Doesn’t your dad care they treat you like that? And what’s up with that ‘Huntress’ shit?”
She narrowed her eyes, and he finally ran down. “First,” she said, “it doesn’t matter because it doesn’t. Don’t tell me that any females at the station don’t take some ribbing. I know they do. And, yes, I am a bitch. Don’t take that from me.”
He couldn’t help the way his lips twitched up at that. “Maybe on the surface,” he admitted. “But, I’ve seen underneath that.” He almost thought he caught a slight pinking of her skin, but that was probably wishful thinking. Jess didn’t blush. He’d never been able to make her.
“And continuing on with your points,” she said, nearly making him laugh. “Dad does care. He just fired someone for catcalling a woman walking past a site. What do you think he’d do if he thought one of the guys was harassing me?”
“Murder them,” Austin murmured, and this time it was Jess who laughed.
“I don’t know that it would go quite that far, but you see my point. “They already think I’m only working here because I’m the boss’s daughter. Don’t need any more fuel to their assumptions I get special treatment. Which is exactly what they’d think, and that I can’t handle myself, if I ran to Daddy every time someone said something even slightly offensive.”
Austin wanted to punch every guy here who thought that. Hell, she was probably more capable than all of them combined. “That guy called you Huntress. What’s that about?”
She rolled her eyes at that one. “It’s stupid. They’ve made a play on our last name for each of us. I get to be Huntress since I’m the only female.” The last word came out a little harder than the rest, or at least that’s how it seemed to him. But then she was asking, “What are you doing here anyway? I’m pretty sure it’s not to get played with.”
“No,” he said, cutting the word off a little sharper than he’d meant to. “You seem to have put this toy back in the toy box.” She winced and took a step back. Damn it. He hadn’t meant his anger to come out like that. He hadn’t even realized he was so angry about it. Maybe it had been that guy’s boy toy comment that had done it, though. Maybe that really was all he was to her.
Oh, Austin, that’s not all you are. Jess just has a tough time explaining exactly how she feels.
High on Your Love – Back stories, Plot summaries, Story Toolkit, Outline Act 1 – Through Timeline. Section 18/18. Outlined through Chapter 6(end of Act 1). Once I get through writing those scenes, I’ll outline the next Act. Maybe that will keep me from getting too far off the outline if I can adjust it more easily as I finish each Act.
- Jayla & Carisa –
Plot summaries, Story Toolkit, Outline – Through Romance Arc worksheet. Section 9/18
- Heart of Christmas(BC Security #3.5) –
Add 8000 words – 9996/8000 words, 1930 words this week
- She’d briefly considered dumping all the pictures in the trash bin and wrecking the board she’d already started attaching some of them to. He’d actually thought she only liked him out of pity. After that kiss the other day, how could he think that? Or did he put that off to pity, too? Could he seriously be that dense?
- Still Burning(Hunter Family #4) –
Add 10000 words – 10430/10000 words, 207 words this week
Not Meant to Be(Gilbert, Co #6) – finish 1st draft –
- By the Gun – Add 8000 words – 6217/8000 words,
- Side Projects –
Add 9000 words between them – 14187/9000 words, 943 words this week
- Jared’s Stepfather – 218 words – The door creaked open, and Jared turned his head. Carlos stood in the doorway, the worry fading from his eyes as he met Jared’s gaze. “You’re awake then, brother. Your hermanita will be glad to hear that.”
- Roman – 240 words – Roman let out a long breath, but caught Cristine’s eye and the shake of her head. Right. He couldn’t push on this. She wouldn’t believe just him showing her. He’d have to prove it another way.
- Hawk – 282 words – I shook my head. “I haven’t seen him since just before I turned seventeen. I lived with Mr. Bentley from then to the time I left for Basic Training.” I could feel the curiosity coming from most of the people at the table. All except Wraith and Damon. They already knew the story. I hoped now wouldn’t be the time I’d have to repeat it.
- Jacob & Matthew – “And if they do?” Jacob asked. “I am only grooming the stage’s horses and talking to my old friend who just showed up back in town. I see nothing wrong with it.” He wanted to do a lot more than that, but Matthew was right. Neither of them could afford to get caught.
- Stained Blood – beta edits – edited Chapter 1/26(counting the epilogue as a chapter of its own).
- Flames of Renewal – CP edits – still waiting, but I should have this soon.
In the Moonlight – Pre-revisions & 1st Revisions – This is done until I start the read through in July.
- One Touch(formerly Snow White Twist) –
Beta edits, Polish, & Submit – 10/10 chapters revised. 50/50 polished.
Dance with the Devil – Polish 6 chapters – Polished 6/6 chapters
Mason & Lila – Polish & Post to Patreon – 50/50 polished. Posted it on Tuesday.
- Listen: 5 books – 4/5, 1 this week
The Mummy Case(Elizabeth Peters) – Finished this Monday morning. Really enjoyed it.
- Bitterblue(Kristin Cashore) – Started this Monday morning. Chapter 15/46
- Read: 30 books – 28/30, 2 this week
- Hiding Behind the Couch – Box Set One(Debbie McGowan) – Read through Beginnings, Ruminations, Hiding Behind the Couch, & No Time Like the Present. Finished The Harder They Fall Sunday morning. Started Crying in the Rain Sunday morning. About 3/5 through it. Finished 5/7
Kiss Me, Kill Me(Allison Brennan) – Started this Monday morning. Finished it Monday night. Really enjoyed it.
Once Upon a Rose(Laura Florand) – Started this Tuesday morning. finished it Tuesday night. Really enjoyed it.
- Out of Control(Suzanne Brockmann) – Started this Tuesday night. On page 28/458