Home of a mother, wife, writer

Posts tagged ‘cardigan’

Knitting Monday: Cardigan Finished

Last week, I talked about the project I had screwed up and had to unravel a few hours worth of work. Well, I finally finished it on Thursday. It did turn out well, although I am not completely happy with the seaming job on the sleeves. That is one area I always seem to have problems with. But, it still turned out to be a cute little sweater.

After I finished that, I started on another Easter idea. I found this pattern on ravelry and thought that by changing the color of the yarn used, I could use it to make chicks and ducklings. It did not take me long to finish the first one, only about a total of five hours. But, I’ve only been working on it while Hayleigh is either at school or after she goes to sleep. Otherwise she wants to know what I’m making and who it is for. And since these might end up in the kids’ baskets for Easter, I didn’t want to have to deal with that. I got the second one started too, but haven’t got much finished on it. And have not taken any pictures of the first one yet. Once I finish this one, I have another bunny pattern that I’m going to try out. And that should be it for the Easter items.

You can always check out my other items at my Etsy shop or on my Facebook page.

Advertisements

Knitting Monday: More Easter

Last week, I posted about a pattern that I had started but had not finished yet. Well, I did finish it Monday night. It turned out pretty well. I think I got the legs on a little crooked, but that would be easy enough to fix.

A little bunny

After I finished that one, I decided to start something a little more in depth, so picked the Triangle Cardigan, another pattern from Lion Brand Yarn. I knew it would take me a bit longer to make than these other projects had but wasn’t figuring on more than a week. Of course, I would be closer to being finished with it if I hadn’t realized Saturday night that I had screwed up. When I picked the stitches back up for the back, after doing the right and left fronts, I started on the wrong side. I did not realize this until I was halfway through the back. So, I had to rip out all those stitches, which had been about three or four hours of work. I spent yesterday trying to get back to where I was when I realized the problem. Pretty much there now, but this is definitely taking me longer than I had figured on. Once I finish it, I’m planning on doing a couple more quick projects.

Tag Cloud