We’ve been camping over in Ohio since Friday afternoon. I did bring my computer, but other than after the kids went to bed and before they were up, I haven’t spent much time on it. Right now the girl is up, but she’s writing in her notepad. Have I ever mentioned how much she takes after me? 😉
Did get some words written on a little bonus scene for Flames of Renewal. I wrote it from James’ POV for in the story. But, I wanted to rewrite it from both Adrian & Kayla’s. Last night I was really glad we had the cabin. My dad and stepmom had just started a campfire at their RV site when it started to rain. We made it back to the cabin just before it really started to rain. It sounded like it was coming down pretty hard with some thunder and lightning as well. Glad we weren’t in a tent at least. Plus there was a coffee maker in the cabin, so I didn’t have to wait for my dad to get up to have my coffee(since I’m usually awake around 4 and he doesn’t get up until 6-7).
I did finish my goal for Camp NaNoWriMo this weekend…from an actual cabin. 🙂 Over 61k in less than a month. That finished one WiP(Stained by Ashes) and got me most of the way through Flames of Renewal. I’m on the climax so only a few more scenes left. And it’s not quite to 60k yet. I do tend to add more during revisions, so it will probably end up longer than that before anyone actually reads it.
We’ve gone swimming twice, spent a good bit of time at the playground, and even went to a festival at a nearby park. They had a lot of craft booths, Civil War & Native American reenactors(two of my big areas of interest) and food, of course. It’s been a pretty good time, but I will be glad to get home this afternoon and to my normal routine.
Flames of Renewal – Get to 56000 words – Made this one. About 450 past this. That doesn’t count the two bonus scenes I’ve written.
Flames of Redemption – I’d like to say to do all edits on this. But, that might be pushing things. So, I think I want to get through Ch 16 at least(which would be halfway). – I did make it through Ch 16 by Friday.
Flames of Retribution – Character Work – done. Will start working through plot points and such this week.
Rick & Leann – 500 words – I had this done by Tuesday, I think.
Chasing Shadow(Tia Bach) & Because of You(Jessica Scott) – I enjoyed Chasing Shadows, and really like Because of You. I was also listening to The Bone Season(Samantha Shannon) and finished reading it this weekend(I like being able to switch between the two)
- Crochet: Round Basket – I only finished one out of the three sizes. My yarn got all tangled up trying to do the second one, and I got frustrated. So, I’m not sure I’ll bother with the others.
Next week’s goals:
- Flames of Renewal – Finish 1st draft
- Flames of Redemption – Finish edits
- Flames of Retribution – Finish plotting
- Rick & Leann – 500 words
- Read: Because of You(Jessica Scott) & Finding Perfect(Susan Mallery)
- Knit: Leaf Lace Washcloth
I did it again. Wrote those two words: “The End” Okay, technically I didn’t actually write that. But, I did finish another WiP. Or at least the first draft of one. Ended up with 88006 for this one. Just a little shorter than the first one if the series. The one in between was about 13000 shorter. It took me 56 days from start to finish, 45 days of actual writing. Most of it was written during JuNoWriMo and this month’s Camp NaNoWriMo. If only every month could be a WriMo month. I’m not really one to just dump words on a page to get them there, but something about these challenges helps drive the words up. I think it’s more to do with having more of a deadline than the challenge itself. I know how many words I need to write a day/week to finish on time. So I have something to work toward. So, I may continue to do that just for myself every month. Or every other month, since I plan to focus on drafting one month and editing one of my projects the next month. If I can. We’ll see if this works for me or not.
- Write 12,500 words(or finish 1st draft) – I wrote 11409 words from Monday to Thursday. But, I did finish the first draft.
- Guarding the Heart: scene cards – major scenes/turning points – I got the major scenes set up in Scrivener
- Read: Not Until You Believe & Wake Me When the Sun Goes Down(Lisa Olsen) – Done and Done. I also read Forged by Magic: Origins(Angela Orlowski-Peart), The Banshee’s Embrace(Victoria Richards), and The Billionaire Bargain(Barb Han). I’m reading Descension(B.C. Burgess). Felt like it had a slow start, but I’m 40% through it right now.
- Knit: Ribbed Cable Purse – Finished this on Friday.
- Crochet: Teeny Beanie – still haven’t finished this, but I did get the ribbon for it yesterday. So, now I just have to do that part.
I’m just going to put my goals for the rest of the month up now. Then, on Wednesday, I’ll evaluate the last month and figure out my goals for the next month plus the rest of the week.
- Finish edits on western novella, Stained Snow
- Finish scene cards for Guarding the Heart
- Read: Finish Descension, Not Until You Love(the last part of the serial!), and Soulstice(Diana Murdock)
- Crochet: Finish Teeny Beanie and family of Monster amigurumi
It’s been a really nice week, both for weather and my writing. Hoping this means Spring is here to stay this time. Saturday we had a birthday party to go to then a wedding for one of my oldest friend’s back in my hometown. After church on Sunday, we spent most of the day outside, getting some yard work done. I made at least 8 or 9 trips with the wheelbarrow full of leaves and then wood(from a tree that got knocked down). This week my husband’s grandparents came home from Florida and the weather has been so nice we’ve been spending quite a bit of time outside. But, I’ve still been getting things done.
- Stained Snow: Write 6279 words(to finish Camp NaNo) – I’ve written 6835 words over the past week. Finished my Camp NaNo goal yesterday morning with 869 words. I still have probably another 5-10k to add before it is finished. Hopefully by the middle of the month, if not sooner.
- Flames of Redemption: Finish Rewrites through Chapter 6 – not quite there yet. I’ve got one more scene in chapter 5 and then the four in chapter 6. I did add another scene to chapter 4 the other day which ended up being a little more than 1600 words. I’ve added a little over 2200 words to this in the last 2 weeks.
- Demons Rising: Finish last back story & get through step 3 of snowflake method – I did finish the last back story. And I just started the last step of the snowflake method last night. I’m hoping to finish that today.
- Read 2 books –I finished the book I was reading last week. Not one of my favorites of this year, but it was an ok read. I’ve finished 3 more since then and just started reading Defying Fate by S.M. Reine this morning.
Since it the end/beginning of the month, I’m going to evaluate my first month’s goals here too. That will help me decide on what this month’s goals are.
- 30000 words on Stained Snow – Achieved! Surpassed!
- Send Slow Revenge to Beta Readers – Didn’t happen. When I’m finished with Flames of Redemption, I think I’m going to read through it again and rewrite
- Finish edits on Healing the Heart – Finished this on Arpil 10. Going to sit until I get Slow Revenge figured out.
- Read through Flames of Redemption and decide what to do with it. – read through. In the process of rewrites
- Finish plotting Demons Rising – Not yet. hope to have it done by the end of next week though.
As for my reading/crafting goals:
- I’ve read 16/17 books for this round. 5 of those were novella length or shorter. The other 11 were full-length novels. I don’t see me having any problem meeting this goal.
- I’ve finished 1/10 knitting projects. This time of year may not have been the best for adding this goal. My knitting tends to slow down when it warms up and we get busier.
- Finished 2/3 crochet projects
Now for my goals for May:
- Finish first draft of Stained Snow
- Finish Flames of Redemption rewrites
- Finish plotting Demons Rising
- Read Through Slow Revenge
- Write 10,000 words for Demons Rising
Our weather has been a little crazy lately. Last week it was in the 60s, almost 70. Saturday we woke up to snow. Not that much really, maybe an inch. Not even enough to cover the ground. But, still. Then, by Monday, it was back into the 60s again. Taking advantage of it(except for today, since it’s raining) before it decides to flip on us again. Still, I’ve managed to be fairly productive.
- Stained Snow: Write 6000 words – This is one goal I have definitely surpassed. I have written 7704 words in the last week. And have added 5 more scenes than planned to this. I apparently didn’t plot out the middle too well. The novella is at 28145 words, and am at 23721 for April(and Camp Nanowrimo). I’m not so sure this is going to remain novella length, but we’ll see where it goes. It’s all ready as long as it was last year when I wrote it, and then shelved it.
- Flames of Redemption: Finished Read Through & have chapter 1-4 rewritten – I finished the read through. I have rewrites done through most of chapter 3. Ran into a little snag dealing with mostly how to refer to this character/what his duties would be in the fire investigation. From the research I’ve done, it varies depending on where you are. And even though I’ve made up the city, it located in the general area of where I’m from. So, I probably have some room for flexibility, but want to keep it as accurate as possible.
- Demons Rising: Finish back stories & start snowflake method – not quite there yet. I just started writing the last back story the other night. I don’t think this one will be more than 2-3 pages, but we’ll see how much he feels like telling me. Once I finish it, I’ll start working on the snowflake method.
- Read 2 books – Finished reading Waking Up Married and hae read 3 other books as well. I’m currently 38% through The One You Love by Paul Pilkington. Not loving it, but it’s keeping me interested, so I’ll probably finish it.
Goals for next week:
- Stained Snow: Write 6279 words(to finish Camp NaNo)
- Flames of Redemption: Finish Rewrites through Chapter 6
- Demons Rising: Finish last back story & get through step 3 of snowflake method
- Read 2 books