Not officially changing my goals on here. But I am planning to scale back a bit. I was doing some figuring and between all my series, I have 32 stories that either need to be edited or to be sent to my critique partner. That’s…a lot. And I do have a lot more ideas that I want to get written. I’ve also been feeling a little, I don’t know, self-pressured, I guess, to get it all done. So, I’m backing things off a bit.
I’d gone from trying to finish a draft in one month, to two months. And now I’m going to scale back even further. Three months to finish a draft. That still seems pretty reasonable for me. And it will give me more time to work on everything else, too. If I finish early, that’s all the better.
I’m planning to get through each weekly goal before I move on to the next. So, I’ll finish Flames of Knowledge for the week, then start on my editing goal and so on. I’m hoping this will work out for me.
Finished/Monthly Goal Met
- Primary: Craving You – Story Toolkit
- This Week –
Supporting Characters, Character Arc 1,Character Arc 2, Romance Arc, Subplot
- This Week –
- Secondary: Craving You – Outline Act 1
- Tertiary: Flames of Knowledge – Outline
Acts 3& 4
- Stretch: Heart to Heart – Brainstorm
- Primary: Flames of Knowledge – 1st draft – 6763/~35000 words
- This Week: Get through Chapter 28 – On Chapter 25/28
- Side Projects – 3350 words – 1820/3350 words
This Week: Riley Fire – 1000 words– 1007/1000 words
- Jonas & Isaac – 15 pages – 7.08/15 pages
This Week: 3.5 pages– 3.92/3.5 pages
- By the Gun – 6 scenes
- Primary: Flames of Renewal – Beta edits(I wasn’t sure if I’d get these back before the end of the month, so I hadn’t initially included it. But I did) – started compiling comments into Scrivener. Through 6/25 chapters
- Primary2: Stained Blood – Beta edits
- Secondary: Short Story Collection
- Bree & Jenny
- This Week: 5 scenes – 0/5 scenes finished
- Goin’ Down
- Meeting Jonas*
- Changing History
- Bree & Jenny
- Tertiary: Paint Me a Picture – Transfer to Scrivener
Stretch: Law of Choice – send to CP– Sent it her way Wednesday.
- Read: 20 books – 10/20
Love and Murder(Kassandra Lamb)– Started this Saturday night. Finished it Friday night. Hold Me Down Hard(Cathryn Fox)– Read this Monday afternoon. Danger in the Stars(Veronica Scott)– Started this Tuesday afternoon. Finished it Tuesday evening. In the Stars Part II(Debbie McGowan)– Started this Wednesday morning. At 62% Sagitta(Ruby Lionsdrake)– Started this Thursday morning. Finished it Thursday night Style(Chelsea M Cameron)– Started this Friday morning. Finished it Friday night. Sweet Destiny(Penny Watson)– Read this Saturday night.
Listen: 5 books– 8/5 books The Darkest Corner(Liliana Hart)– Started this Friday morning. Finished it Monday afternoon. Full Package(Lauren Blakely)– Started this Monday afternoon. Finished it Tuesday morning. Big Rock(Lauren Blakely)– Started this Tuesday afternoon. Finished it Wednesday morning. Mister O(Lauren Blakely)– Started this Wednesday morning. Finished it Thursday morning. Well Hung(Lauren Blakely)– Started this Thursday morning. Finished it Friday morning.
- Joy Ride(Lauren Blakely) – Started this Saturday morning. On Chapter 28/56
- Primary: Post 5 regular weekly posts – 10/21
This week: Writing Wednesday Fiction Friday Stream of Consciousness Saturday Weekend Writing Warriors Sunday Summary
- Secondary: Post 31 stories for Story a Day – 12/31
- Tertiary: Make 3 Patreon posts – 1/3
- Knit: Dunfallandy Baby Blanket
This Week – Finish Side 2– 56/56 rows
- Crochet: Boxy Blanket
This week – Get through Row 70– 70/70 rows