This week started out slow. Monday I woke late, and didn’t have time to get any of my ‘first thing in the morning’ writing done. Which always tends to throw me off. I did manage a little writing later in the morning, but my usual focus just wasn’t there. I did keep on track with Story a Day and I was able to do some plotting and work on Jonas & Isaac’s story in the notebook. But my other goals didn’t really happen.
Tuesday I woke up with my alarm and to an email from my beta reader for Flames of Renewal. So, a much better start to the day. 🙂 I did get more written though not nearly as much as I wanted to. It doesn’t seem to matter how much I tell my brain it’s time to work this week, it goes “but wouldn’t just reading be more fun.” Well, sure, but that doesn’t mean I can just forget about everything else. Stupid brain.
We’ll see if I can do better today. Though it’s been another slow start. Hopefully it’ll pick up.
Now, it’s time for another WiPPetWednesday! Today I only have one snippet for you. Still working on Jonas & Isaac and things are getting pretty intense there. But, for now, I’m just going to share from Flames of Knowledge. Today I have 9 paragraphs where Silas shows up at Connor’s apartment(I was actually struggling until Silas showed up. He’s such a scene stealer).
“Did you just want to touch all my things, or is there a valid reason you’re here?” He didn’t mean to sound impatient, but he really wanted to get back to his canvas, now that he had a vision clear in his head.
Silas turned toward him and winked. “I wouldn’t mind touching your things, Connor, but I can only handle one Riley at a time. And Corrin’s taking up that spot.”
Connor’s face suddenly felt on fire. He hadn’t even realized there would be an innuendo for Silas to pick up. Of course, sometimes he thought the other man plucked them right out of the air. “That’s not what I meant.”
Silas snickered. “I know, but you made it too easy. What have you been up to? I imagine it isn’t letting anyone else touch your things. Lin said you haven’t been by the group lately.”
Connor could feel his face flushing hot again. “The beginning of the semester has been chaotic.”
“Lin’s just been worried. Are you sure everything’s okay?”
“Yeah, of course. Why wouldn’t it be?”
“Because you’re acting weird.” He grinned. “Weirder than usual, I mean.”
“Haha, very funny,” Connor commented. “And I’m not acting weird.”
Finished/Monthly Goal Met
- Primary: Craving You – Story Toolkit
- This Week –
Supporting Characters, Character Arc 1, Character Arc 2, Romance Arc, Subplot
- This Week –
- Secondary: Craving You – Outline Act 1
- Tertiary: Flames of Knowledge – Outline
Acts 3& 4
- Stretch: Heart to Heart – Brainstorm
- Primary: Flames of Knowledge – 1st draft – 6346/~35000 words
- This Week: Get through Chapter 28 – On Chapter 25/28
- Side Projects – 3350 words – 1258/3350 words
- This Week: Riley Fire – 1000 words – 443/1000 words
- Jonas & Isaac – 15 pages – 5.17/15 pages
- This Week: 3.5 pages – 2/3.5 pages
- By the Gun – 6 scenes
- Primary: Flames of Renewal – Beta edits(I wasn’t sure if I’d get these back before the end of the month, so I hadn’t initially included it. But I did) – started compiling comments into Scrivener
- Primary2: Stained Blood – Beta edits
- Secondary: Short Story Collection
- Bree & Jenny
- This Week: 5 scenes – 0/5 scenes finished
- Goin’ Down
- Meeting Jonas*
- Changing History
- Bree & Jenny
- Tertiary: Paint Me a Picture – Transfer to Scrivener
- Stretch: Law of Choice – send to CP – sent another message to CP to see if she’s ready for it yet.
- Read: 20 books – 5/20
- Love and Murder(Kassandra Lamb) – Started this Saturday night. At 87%
Hold Me Down Hard(Cathryn Fox)– Read this Monday afternoon. Danger in the Stars(Veronica Scott)– Started this Tuesday afternoon. Finished it Tuesday evening.
- In the Stars Part II(Debbie McGowan) – Started this Wednesday morning. At 3%
Listen: 5 books– 5/5 books The Darkest Corner(Liliana Hart)– Started this Friday morning. Finished it Monday afternoon. Full Package(Lauren Blakely)– Started this Monday afternoon. Finished it Tuesday morning.
- Big Rock(Lauren Blakely) – Started this Tuesday afternoon. On Chapter 26/33
- Primary: Post 5 regular weekly posts – 6/21
- This week:
- Fiction Friday
- Stream of Consciousness Saturday
- Weekend Writing Warriors
- Sunday Summary
- This week:
- Secondary: Post 31 stories for Story a Day – 8/31
- Tertiary: Make 3 Patreon posts – 0/3
- Knit: Dunfallandy Baby Blanket
This Week – Finish Side 2– 56/56 rows
- Crochet: Boxy Blanket
- This week – Get through Row 70 – 60/70 rows