It’s finally started to warm up here. It was really nice Monday. Nice enough I took the pup(ok, he’s 2.5 so he’s not a puppy anymore.) for a walk. It was going pretty well. Then, we walked past a yard with four dogs running around. There was a toy poodle, Chihuahua, yorkie, and another small dog. The three smallest came right into the road after us. And there was my dog, who is at least twice the size of any of these dogs, cowering away from them. And they’re running in circles around him. He’ll jump all over our lab, who is quite a bit bigger than him. But, these little things had him terrified. I was going to come back up the road, but decided to take another route to avoid them. It ended up being a little over a mile walk.
It was raining yesterday, so we didn’t go for a walk. And today looks to be the same. But hopefully we’ll get in at least one more walk this week.
Writing’s going fairly well this week too. Steady at least. I’ll get more into that below.
For now, it’s WiPPet Wednesday again. Today is the 25th, so I have 2 snippets with 5 paragraphs each. First up is Jonas & Isaac. Isaac’s shown up at Jonas’ mom’s house, and they’re sitting on the couch together.
“I’m heading out,” Arcelia called from the hallway. “Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do.”
“But, Arce,” Jonas said, putting a whine in his voice even as he winked at Isaac, “that doesn’t leave us many options. You never do anything.“
“Exactly my point,” Arcelia said primly. “I sit on that couch, too.”
Isaac snorted out a laugh and leaned into Jonas. “It surprises me how much I’ve missed the bickering between you two,” he said after they heard the front door close.
Jonas laughed and turned into him. “that’s not bickering. It’s some friendly sibling teasing. I didn’t realized how much I missed her while I was gone,” he admitted. “Emails and video chats just weren’t the same.”
And from Flames of Knowledge:
“Silas made them.”
Ames glanced over at him and saw a faint pink tinge to his cheeks. And, yes, his ears were certainly red. “You’re blushing. Why are you blushing?”
“No reason,” Jeremiah insisted. “Not a single reason at all.”
Yet, Ames found their lips curling up. “Really? It certainly sounds like there’s a reason.”
“Nope,” Jeremiah said firmly, though his cheeks reddened more. “I don’t have a clue what you’re talking about. Silas didn’t…never mind,” he said quickly, obviously realizing he was about to give himself away.
So what exactly did Silas do while making this treat that Jeremiah brought to work? I’ll just leave that to your imaginations. 😉
And now for my progress so far:
Finished/Monthly Goal Met
Primary: Nowhere to Run – Outline
- Secondary: Craving You – Outline
- This week:
Jeff’s backstory, Jakob’s back story,Plot summaries, Story Toolkit(2 sheets) – finished all the back stories
- This week:
- Tertiary: Flames of Knowledge – Outline Acts
2 ,3, & 4
- Stretch: Heart to Heart – Brainstorm
- Primary: Flames of Knowledge – Chapter 21/42 – 29676/~35000 words
- This week: Get through Chapter 20 – 18/20 chapters drafted
- Secondary: Side Projects – 3350 words – 3320/3350 words
- This week: Kayla & Reese – 1000 words(or finish 1st draft) – 427/1000 words
- Tertiary: Jonas & Isaac – 15 pages – 13.79/15 pages
- This week: 2 pages – 1.125/2 pages
- By the Gun – 2000 words
- Primary: Stained Blood – Beta edits
Secondary: Flames of Renewal – Send to Betas(if anyone’s interested in giving feedback, let me know. You can find a summary here)
- Tertiary: Short Story Collection
- Hang On
- This Week: edit 4 scenes & polish – deleted 1 scene – 2/4 scenes, added 105 words
- Bree & Jenny
- Stretch: Law of Choice – send to CP
Read: 20 books– 20/20 Love on the Tracks(Tamsen Parker)– Started this Monday night. Finished it Sunday afternoon. House Rules(Cathryn Fox)– Started this Sunday afternoon. Finished it Sunday evening. Dead Wait(Stacy Green)– Read this Sunday evening. It Takes Two to Tumble(Cat Sebastian)– Started this Sunday night. Finished it Tuesday night.
Listen: 5 books– 14/5 The Duke’s Perfect Wife(Jennifer Ashley)– Started this Friday afternoon. Finished it Tuesday morning. A Mackenzie Family Christmas(Jennifer Ashley)– Started this Tuesday morning. Finished it Tuesday afternoon.
- The Seduction of Elliot McBride(Jennifer Ashley) – Started this Tuesday afternoon. On Chapter 11/30
- Primary: Post 5 regular weekly posts – 17/21 posts
- This week:
- Fiction Friday
- Stream of Consciousness Saturday
- Weekend Writing Warriors
- Sunday Summary
- This week:
- Secondary: A-Z Challenge – 22/26 posts
- Tertiary: Patreon – 2/3 posts
- Knit: Dunfallandy Baby Blanket
- This week: Finish border, side 2 – 13/56 rows done
- Crochet: Boxy Blanket
- This week: get through row 50