…of weather. It’s gone from snow, to almost balmy temperatures, then back to snow. Seriously? This is getting old. I’d actually rather it just stay cold for a while than these ups and downs.
But, it’s been a good week regardless of the weather. I haven’t quite met my main writing goal for the week, but I’ve gotten a lot closer than last week. And I’ve finished up just about all my other weekly writing/editing goals. So, that’s a good feeling.
And last night we went out with a couple friends. Got dinner at Olive Garden then went to a local comedy club to see a show. We hardly stopped laughing from the time it started. That felt good, too.
Here’s hoping for another good week.
Monthly Goal Met/Finished Weekly Goal Met
- Primary: Outline Act 4 of Whatever It Takes
- Secondary: Green Hills & Smoky Fields2 – Story Toolkit – 18/28 worksheets done, started on sheet 19
- Tertiary: Green Hills & Smoky Fields2 – Outline Act 1
- Stretch: James & Tracy’s story – brainstorm
- Primary: Whatever It Takes – 1st draft – 16142/~35000 words, 10340 this week
- Secondary: Side Projects – 5000 words – 4050/5000 words, 1542 this week
Patrick & Sarah– 462/500 words Tavin & Haiwee– 407/500 words Roman– 423/500 words Dougal & Shae– 427/500 words Jacob & Matthew– 406/500 words Mike & Fadil– 396/500 words Hawk– 355/500 words Sean & Braeden– 367/500 words Melanie & Garren– 349/500 words Desmund– 392/500 words
- Tertiary: Jonas & Isaac – 15 pages – 10/15 pages
- Stretch: By the Gun – 2500 words
- Primary: Stained Blood – Beta edits as they come in – Started edits on Chapter 7 Monday, finished on Tuesday. Added 417 words.
Secondary: Flames of Renewal – CP edits once I get them– Started edits. Through 25/25 chapters. Added 487. I’m going to go through again looking for where characters are in their heads too much, and a few other details, then I’ll be looking for beta readers.
- Tertiary: Paint Me a Picture – transfer to Scrivener – 1/11 chapters
- Stretch: Melanie & Garren – revise & post to Patreon
- Primary: Read 20 books – 11/20
- Fall of the Titan(Christina Ochs) – Carrying this one over from January. At 35%.
Not Another New Year’s(Christie Ridgway)– Started this Wednesday afternoon. Finished it Sunday afternoon. Enjoyed it. Before We Kiss(Susan Mallery)– Started this on the way to get groceries Saturday. Finished it Sunday night. Really enjoyed it. All He Ever Desired(Shannon Stacey)– Started this Monday afternoon. Finished it Wednesday afternoon. Enjoyed it. The Art of Falling(Jenny Kaczorowski)– Started this Tuesday evening. Got to 10% and just didn’t care. So, I set it aside. Chainbreaker(Tara Sim)– Started this Wednesday afternoon. Finished it Friday night. Loved it, but that ending! Gah! And it looks like we have to wait until 2019 for book 3!
- Not Your Sidekick(C.B. Lee) – Started this Thursday afternoon. On page 20-something/283(I left the book in the truck last night, so can’t check for exact page I made it to)
- Girl Mans Up(M-E Girard) – Started this Saturday morning. On page 85/373
- Secondary: Listen 5 books – 4/5
Year One(Nora Roberts)– Started this Monday morning. Finished it Friday afternoon. Definitely different than her usual books. It wasn’t really a romance(there were a few different romantic subplots, but that wasn’t what it was about). But, it was still good.
- Primary: Post 5 regular weekly posts – 14/20
- Secondary: Post to Patreon 2 times – 1/2 Posted a short story on Monday.
Tertiary: Set-Up 26 A-Z posts– 26/26 posts set-up Stretch: Plot 26 A-Z posts– 26/26 plotted(which is basically a list of name, age, description, bio for each character, then I’ll include a snippet they appear in)
- Stretch2: Draft 26 A-Z posts – 1/26 drafted
- Knit: Dunfallandy Baby Blanket – 64/64 rows of first square(x4), 64/64 rows of second square, 13/64 rows of third square
Crochet: Simple Basket– 18/18 rounds done