This week has gotten off to a good start. I decided to take on my goals with a new routine. Monday I broke my daily goals into smaller sections. Instead of thinking about the 1725 words I wanted to write for the day, I focused on getting 325 at a time. It helped a lot. Tuesday I worked in 5 minute bursts. This also seems to work for me. I’ll use it until it no longer works for me.
Last night we went to a pancake dinner at our church. They even had a berry sauce that I used instead of regular syrup. It was yummy! No point to this other than YUM! 😀
And since it’s Wednesday, it’s time for WiPpet Wednesday again!!!! That means it’s time for more Jonas and Isaac. I have a long one today. Was just going to go with 5 paragraphs(1+4), but since it is Valentine’s Day(we don’t really do anything to celebrate, but still it’s the day of loooove), so I figured I’d get to a bit more lovey part. So, I have 19 paragraphs(2+1+4+2+0+1+8=18+1 bonus word). Still in the same scene as last week, it starts just a couple paragraphs after the last one ended. The first line is Jonas.
He dragged in a long breath. “I never thought you assumed I would ever consider hurting you. That I would be anything like your father.”
A chill washed away the heat. “Of course, I didn’t. I know you wouldn’t.”
“Except you just said you did.”
Horror slapped Isaac right in the face. Is that really what he’d done? He knew Jonas would never hurt him. And yet the fear hadn’t been able to leave him. And it had made him push Jonas away. Even two years away from his father, the man had still been controlling him.
If today’s fear was any indication, he still was.
“I’m sorry,” he choked out. “I was so scared, of you being hurt, of you turning into someone else. Of losing you. I didn’t know how to handle it.”
“So you walked away from me. Which means you lost me anyway. How did that make any sense, Isaac?”
His lips twitched. “Who said I was the logical one? That was always you, Jo. You were the one who kept me grounded. If it wasn’t for you, I don’t think I would have made it through those first few months when everything changed for me. Roman and Cristine were always great, but you were my anchor.”
And now Jonas’ whole life was changing. Who was that anchor for him? Isaac might not be able to do much, but he figured he could at least do that much. “I thought I was more than that. Isaac could hear tears in Jonas’ voice he was sure the other man would never shed. “I thought I was someone you could love. That you did love.”
“You were,” Isaac said, reaching out to cup Jonas’ face. That was one thing he couldn’t let Jonas keep not believing. “You are. You always have been. I’ve tried to convince myself I was over you, that I didn’t care anymore. It was never the truth. I didn’t want Tereza or Toby to tell me where you were or what you were doing because I was afraid to know. It was never that I didn’t care. I was afraid of what I would hear. That you were hurt. That you had died. I couldn’t bear it, Jonas.”
Jonas brushed tears from Isaac’s cheeks with his thumbs. Isaac just wanted to nuzzle into the touch, like he always used to. But, if Jonas pulled away after just a kiss, Isaac couldn’t take this comfort from him. Not if Jonas didn’t want to give it.
He pulled slowly away and saw he’d been wrong. Tears were sliding down Jonas’ face. He wasn’t making a sound while he cried, but those were definitely tears.
“If Santiago were here, he’d tell me what to do. How to go forward. I just don’t know.”
Isaac couldn’t take the pain he could hear in Jonas’ voice. He slid a hand behind his neck and with his lips, dried those tears. Then, he brought his lips to Jonas’. “I’m not walking away this time,” he murmured. “So, you can go forward with me.”
Jonas let out a little sob then pressed his mouth hard to Isaac’s. Heat washed through Isaac but he didn’t deepen the kiss. He didn’t want to push things too far.
The knock on the doorframe had them jerking away from each other. Jonas’ mother just smiled at them, though. “Dinner’s just about ready. And Toby’s here if you want to speak to him.”
Isaac looked at Jonas, who squeezed his hand. “You need to. I’ll stay with you if you want.”
Monthly Goal Met/Finished Weekly Goal Met
- Primary: Outline Act 4 of Whatever It Takes
- Secondary: Green Hills & Smoky Fields2 – Story Toolkit – 14/24 worksheets done
- Tertiary: Green Hills & Smoky Fields2 – Outline Act 1
- Stretch: James & Tracy’s story – brainstorm
- Primary: Whatever It Takes – 1st draft – 9871/~35000 words, 4069 this week
- Secondary: Side Projects – 5000 words – 3017/5000 words,
- Patrick & Sarah – 220/500 words
Tavin & Haiwee– 407/500 words Roman– 423/500 words
- Dougal & Shae – 222/500 words
Jacob & Matthew– 406/500 words
- Mike & Fadil – 209/500 words
Hawk– 355/500 words
- Sean & Braeden – 236/500 words
- Melanie & Garren – 237/500 words
- Desmund – 236/500 words
- Tertiary: Jonas & Isaac – 15 pages – 7.75/15 pages
- Stretch: By the Gun – 2500 words
- Primary: Stained Blood – Beta edits as they come in – Started edits on Chapter 7 Monday. Added 417 words.
- Secondary: Flames of Renewal – CP edits once I get them – Started edits. Through Chapter 5/25. Added 68 words so far.
- Tertiary: Paint Me a Picture – transfer to Scrivener – 1/11 chapters
- Stretch: Melanie & Garren – revise & post to Patreon
- Primary: Read 20 books – 9/20
- Fall of the Titan(Christina Ochs) – Carrying this one over from January. At 35%.
Not Another New Year’s(Christie Ridgway)– Started this Wednesday afternoon. Finished it Sunday afternoon. Enjoyed it. Before We Kiss(Susan Mallery)– Started this on the way to get groceries Saturday. Finished it Sunday night. Really enjoyed it.
- All He Ever Desired(Shannon Stacey) – Started this Monday afternoon. On page 226/268
- The Art of Falling(Jenny Kaczorowski) – Started this Tuesday evening. At 5%.
- Secondary: Listen 5 books – 3/5
- Year One(Nora Roberts) – Started this Monday morning. On Chapter 11/26
- Primary: Post 5 regular weekly posts – 10/20
- Secondary: Post to Patreon 2 times – 1/2 Posted a short story on Monday.
Tertiary: Set-Up 26 A-Z posts– 26/26 posts set-up
- Stretch: Plot 26 A-Z posts – 15/26 plotted(which is basically a list of name, age, description, bio for each character, then I’ll include a snippet they appear in)
- Knit: Dunfallandy Baby Blanket – 64/64 rows of first square(x4), 20/64 rows of second square
Crochet: Simple Basket– 18/18 rounds done