I got a bit of a slow start to this month. Just could not seem to focus the first two days. Monday was better. Cranked out 900 words first thing in the morning and added another 550 throughout the day. Tuesday was another distractible day, at least in the morning. I did get the rest of my words(goal was 1425 for the day) later on in the afternoon. This morning was a little slow, too. Didn’t help that I decided to start looking at covers for Flames of Renewal.
Not much else going on here, other than still getting the house ready to list. That should be happening soon. But, for now, I’m jumping right into this week’s WiPPet! This picks right up from last week’s, but we’ve switched into Isaac’s POV(Jonas’ last line was: “Then why did you walk away from me?”). I have 11 paragraphs today(7[day]+2+0+1+8[year]=18=1+8=9+2[month]).
Isaac couldn’t swallow the lump in his throat or breathe around the rock suddenly lodged in his chest. “You’re the one who left,” he finally said. “You were leaving me behind. What was I supposed to do?”
Jonas just stared at him. Isaac didn’t think he was going to say anything at first. Then, he choked out, “I wasn’t leaving you. I joined the Army, I didn’t run away. Plenty of other recruits had girlfriends or boyfriends back home. Some of them even made it work through basic and years of active duty. We could have made it, too, Isaac, but you didn’t give us a chance.”
Isaac glanced away from him. Everything felt too tight all of a sudden. He’d managed to confess all of it to Tereza in the first year of Jonas’ Army career. But, could he tell Jonas now? He wasn’t so sure. But, he couldn’t keep quiet, either.
“I was afraid,” he said, not able to bring his voice above a whisper. He felt like acid coated his eyes and throat, burning both of them. “I was so damn afraid, Jonas, and I didn’t know how to handle it.”
“Of what?” Jonas asked, throwing his hands up. “If you would have just told me, we could have worked through whatever it was. Instead you just walked away from me.”
“How?” Isaac demanded. “How could we do that? You’d already committed to four years in the Army, and I couldn’t handle that. Couldn’t live with how that might change you.”
“What are you talking about? Why are you so sure it would have changed me? I’m the same I was then, or I was before that damn accident.”
“How was I supposed to know that at the time? All I knew were the stories my mother told me about how my father was when they started dating before he joined up. And the completely different man that I knew.”
“And your only conclusion was that the Army turned him that way? That it would turn anyone that way? Not that maybe he always had that mean streak in him and something else brought it out? Damn, Isaac. And here I always thought you were the smart one.”
Heat washed through him. “You’re so stupid. Why was I burdened with such a stupid son?”
He tried to force his father’s voice out of his head and asked, “What’s that supposed to mean?”
What does Jonas mean? And are they finally getting somewhere? Shortly before this they had a conversation about Jonas not being the school-type, unlike Isaac.
Monthly Goal Met/Finished Weekly Goal Met
- Primary: Outline Act 4 of Whatever It Takes
- Secondary: Green Hills & Smoky Fields2 – Story Toolkit – 6/21 worksheets done
- Tertiary: Green Hills & Smoky Fields2 – Outline Act 1
- Stretch: James & Tracy’s story – brainstorm
- Primary: Whatever It Takes – 1st draft – 4424/~35000 words, 3252 this week
- Secondary: Side Projects – 5000 words – 1254/5000 words, 313 this week
- Patrick & Sarah – 84/500 words
- Tavin & Haiwee – 199/500 words
- Roman – 193/500 words
- Dougal & Shae – 80/500 words
- Jacob & Matthew – 102/500 words
- Mike & Fadil – 77/500 words
- Hawk – 87/500 words
Sean & Braeden– 236/500 words
- Melanie & Garren – 82/500 words
- Desmund – 114/500 words
- Tertiary: Jonas & Isaac – 15 pages – 4/15 pages
- Stretch: By the Gun – 2500 words
- Primary: Stained Blood – Beta edits as they come in – got chapter 6 back from beta on Friday. Started making edits Tuesday. Am at 9 words currently.
- Secondary: Flames of Renewal – CP edits once I get them – I got this back Monday afternoon. Compiled comments into Scrivener Monday night.
- Tertiary: Paint Me a Picture – transfer to Scrivener – 1/11 chapters
- Stretch: Melanie & Garren – revise & post to Patreon
- Primary: Read 20 books – 4/20
- Fall of the Titan(Christina Ochs) – Carrying this one over from January. At 35%.
Force of Nature(Suzanne Brockmann)– Started this Saturday evening. Finished it Sunday night. Loved it. Really wish I had the next book right now. Baby, It’s Cold Outside(Kait Nolan)– Started this Monday afternoon. Finished it Monday night. Loved it!
- Hate to Want You(Alisha Rai) – Started this Monday night. At 60%
- Secondary: Listen 5 books – 2/5
Beyond Addiction(Kit Rocha)– Started this Tuesday afternoon. Finished it Friday afternoon. Loved it Beyond Possession(Kit Rocha)– Started this Friday afternoon. Finished this Tuesday morning. Really enjoyed it.
- Beyond Innocence(Kit Rocha) – Started this Tuesday afternoon. On Chapter 6/26
- Primary: Post 5 regular weekly posts – 5/20
- Secondary: Post to Patreon 2 times
Tertiary: Set-Up 26 A-Z posts– 26/26 posts set-up
- Stretch: Plot 26 A-Z posts
- Knit: Dunfallandy Baby Blanket – 33/64 rows of first square(x4)
Crochet: Simple Basket– 18/18 rounds done