Ok, so the week wasn’t a complete busy. But, that’s something I have to keep reminding myself. Monday and Tuesday weren’t great. But, it picked back up for Wednesday and Thursday. I had all my writing goals met except the main project and plotting. But I figured I could get to both of those, or at least close, on Friday. Ha. Ha. Ha.
Thursday night I took the dogs out a little after nine. Figured it would only be a couple minutes, and we’d be back inside, so I didn’t take my phone or anything with me. Well, that would have been the case, except our screen door jammed. The knob would not turn. I pulled on it, tried to get it to turn, everything I could think of. It would not open. Both kids were asleep and husband was working. So, there was no way for me to get in the house. Thank goodness it was one of the days it was 50F, but it was also raining. My sweatshirt was wet from standing in it, fighting with the door. And my hand hurt from pounding on the window, trying to wake one of the kids up so they could let me in. Yeah, that didn’t work, either.
So, I opened the garage and figured I could at least get out of the rain. And I sat there, on a tote box. And I stood for a while. And sat back down. And made sure the dogs didn’t take off. And tried to open the door again. Then retreated back into the garage. Until 6 the next morning, when my daughter got up and I got her to let me in. I was cold, tired, and not in a very good mood. And I never even turned my computer on all day Friday. We went to see my sister-in-law in the morning and to the Moose club for our usual Friday night dinner. But other than that, I sat under my blanket on the couch and read. And I was in bed by 7:30. Slept for about 10 hours. Half of that is my usual amount of sleep.
And I think we got the knob fixed so it doesn’t do that again.
Monthly Goal Met/Finished Weekly Goal Met
Primary: Flames of Knowledge – Back Stories– Wrote Connor’s back story(1041 words) on Monday. Finished Ames’ back story(902 words) on Tuesday. Started antagonist’s back story Tuesday night, finished it Wednesday afternoon(661 words). Secondary: Flames of Knowledge – Plot Summaries– Finished short summary(37 words), medium summary(109 words), & long summary(277 words)
- Tertiary: Flames of Knowledge – Story Toolkit – started this Thursday afternoon. 15/20 sheets done
- Stretch: Flames of Knowledge – Outline: Act 1
Stretch2: Green Hills & Smoky Fields1 – Outline: Act 4– Started this Thursday morning. Finished it Thursday evening.
- Stretch3: Green Hills & Smoky Fields2 – Brainstorm
- Primary: Green Hills & Smoky Fields – 1st draft – 9157/~25000 words, 3381 this week
Secondary: Side Projects – 5000 words– 2522/5000 words Patrick & Sarah– 213/500 words Tavin & Haiwee– 172/500 words Roman– 287/500 words Dougal & Shae– 252/500 words Jacob & Matthew– 338/500 words Mike & Fadil– 242/500 words Hawk– 313/500 words Sean & Braeden– 193/500 words Melanie & Garren– 265/500 words Desmund– 247/500 words
Tertiary: Jonas & Isaac – 15 pages– 7.5/15 pages
- Stretch: By the Gun – 2500 words(will work on this when I finish Primary goal)
- Primary: Flames of Renewal – CP edits once I get it back
- Secondary: Stained Blood – Beta edits as they come in
Tertiary: Protecting the Heart – Transfer to Scrivener– 4/9 chapters
- Stretch: Melanie & Garren – revise & post to Patreon
- Primary: Read 20 books – 11/20
Brotherhood in Death(J.D. Robb)– Started this Wednesday afternoon. Finished this Sunday afternoon. Really enjoyed it. Must Love Mistletoe(Christie Ridgway)– Started this Sunday afternoon. Finished this Sunday night. Enjoyed it. The Ones Who Got Away(Roni Loren)– Started this Sunday night. Finished it Tuesday night. Loved it. Private Reserve(Cathryn Fox)– Started this Wednesday afternoon. Finished this Wednesday evening. Liked it. Sweet Reunion(Melanie Shawn)– Started this Wednesday night. Finished it Thursday afternoon. Found it ‘meh’. second book by this author I’ve felt that way about so I think I’m striking any more from the ‘to buy’ list. Play On(Michelle Smith)– Started this Thursday afternoon. Finished it Thursday night. Loved it. Hamilton’s Battalion(Rose Lerner, Courtney Milan, & Alyssa Cole)– Started this Friday morning. Finished it Saturday afternoon. Loved all three of the stories.
- Going Too Far(Jennifer Echols) – Started this Saturday afternoon. At 50%
Secondary: Listen 5 books– 5/5
- Reckless(Skye Jordan) – Started this in December. On Chapter 13/29
Trust the Focus(Megan Erickson)– Started this Friday morning. Finished it Monday morning. Love these books. Focus on Me(Megan Erickson)– Started this Monday morning. Finished it Tuesday morning. Out of Frame(Megan Erickson)– Started this Tuesday morning. Finished it Wednesday afternoon.
- Overexposed(Megan Erickson) – Started this Wednesday evening. On Chapter 21/23
- Primary: Just Jot It January – 12/31 posts
- Secondary: Post 5 regular weekly posts – 9/21 posts
- Tertiary: Post to Patreon 2x – 0/2 posts
- Knit: Honeycomb Dishcloth – got the set up row and another 50 rows done.
- Crochet: Lap Blanket – This is at about 31/40 inches