Well, I’m considering above freezing to be a heat wave. I have fairly low standards, especially when it had been 0F this time last week. We’re supposed to have a couple days of 50s this week. That’s almost shorts weather around here.
My week has not started out too well. Over the weekend, I found a spreadsheet for a daily schedule. I figured I could start my day at 5, and I have 5 different hours for writing tasks. That first hour is for writing on my main project, the other four are picked randomly(between plotting, editing, side projects, & Jonas and Isaac). Well, Monday I slept in until well after 5. So, I ended up with less than half an hour to write. I woke up earlier Tuesday, but couldn’t seem to drag myself out of bed until right around 5. Computer didn’t want to start up at first. After I got it to, things were going okay. Then it decided to freeze up and restart on its own. I had some issues with getting it started up and it was the end of that hour by the time it did, but the words wanted out, so I ended up going into the next hour(which was set aside for chores and such). I didn’t hit my goal either of those days. Today I woke up at 4 and managed to get up. And so far computer is cooperating(although it looks like I’m back to using Microsoft Edge since Firefox refuses to open), so I’m hoping to get more words(I did, I did, I did!). More on that progress in a bit.
It’s Wednesday again, which means WiPPet time! *dances* *knee cracks* *sits back down* WiPPet Wednesday is a blog hop hosted by the wonder Emily Wrayburn where we share a snippet of a work in progress that somehow pertains to the date. I’m still sharing from Jonas & Isaac’s story. Today I have 7 paragraphs(1+8-1-1-0) from a little farther in the scene I’ve been sharing from. Things are getting…warm. 😀
“Jonas,” Isaac breathed, “are you going to kiss me or not?”
With a groan he couldn’t hold back, Jonas leaned forward and pressed his lips to Isaac’s. They opened immediately, but he didn’t plunge forward. Instead he traced Isaac’s lips with his tongue just as his thumb had moments ago. It was Isaac’s tongue that darted forward, catching Jonas’ and tangling them together.
Jonas moaned around it, feeling too much to put anything into words right now.
They finally pulled apart, both breathing hard and staring at each other. Then, Isaac leaned forward, gently caressing Jonas’ lips with his own. It didn’t have the intensity of that first kiss, but it had Jonas’ heart skipping more.
Isaac’s lips moved to his jaw then his throat as his hand touched his hip then slid over his thigh. “God, Is,” he murmured. “Your hands…” He couldn’t even form words as the desire twisted through him.
“Soft, I know,” and Jonas thought he detected bitterness in the words.
“No,” Jonas said, lifting Isaac’s head. “Capable of driving me fucking crazy.”
I wonder how many people have told Isaac hew has story hands, as if it’s an insult. Jonas certainly doesn’t see it that way.
Now for that progress so far this week:
Monthly Goal Met/Finished Weekly Goal Met
Primary: Flames of Knowledge – Back Stories– Wrote Connor’s back story(1041 words) on Monday. Finished Ames’ back story(902 words) on Tuesday. Started antagonist’s back story Tuesday night, finished it Wednesday afternoon(661 words). Secondary: Flames of Knowledge – Plot Summaries– Finished short summary(37 words), medium summary(109 words), & long summary(277 words)
- Tertiary: Flames of Knowledge – Story Toolkit – started this Thursday afternoon. 6/19 sheets done
- Stretch: Flames of Knowledge – Outline: Act 1
- Stretch2: Green Hills & Smoky Fields1 – Outline: Act 4
- Stretch3: Green Hills & Smoky Fields2 – Brainstorm
- Primary: Green Hills & Smoky Fields – 1st draft – 7980/~25000 words, 2204 this week
- Secondary: Side Projects – 5000 words – 2120/5000 words
Patrick & Sarah– 213/500 words Tavin & Haiwee– 172/500 words Roman– 287/500 words
- Dougal & Shae – 134/500 words
Jacob & Matthew– 338/500 words Mike & Fadil– 242/500 words
- Hawk – 134/500 words
Sean & Braeden– 193/500 words Melanie & Garren– 265/500 words
- Desmund – 142/500 words
- Tertiary: Jonas & Isaac – 15 pages – 5/15 pages
- Stretch: By the Gun – 2500 words(will work on this when I finish Primary goal)
- Primary: Flames of Renewal – CP edits once I get it back
- Secondary: Stained Blood – Beta edits as they come in
- Tertiary: Protecting the Heart – Transfer to Scrivener – 3/9 chapters
- Stretch: Melanie & Garren – revise & post to Patreon
- Primary: Read 20 books – 7/20
Brotherhood in Death(J.D. Robb)– Started this Wednesday afternoon. Finished this Sunday afternoon. Really enjoyed it. Must Love Mistletoe(Christie Ridgway)– Started this Sunday afternoon. Finished this Sunday night. Enjoyed it. The Ones Who Got Away(Roni Loren)– Started this Sunday night. Finished it Tuesday night. Loved it.
- Secondary: Listen 5 books – 4/5
- Reckless(Skye Jordan) – Started this in December. On Chapter 13/29
Trust the Focus(Megan Erickson)– Started this Friday morning. Finished it Monday morning. Love these books. Focus on Me(Megan Erickson)– Started this Monday morning. Finished it Tuesday morning.
- Out of Frame(Megan Erickson) – Started this Tuesday morning. On Chapter 11/21
- Primary: Just Jot It January – 10/31 posts
- Secondary: Post 5 regular weekly posts – 6/21 posts
- Tertiary: Post to Patreon 2x – 0/2 posts
- Knit: Honeycomb Dishcloth – got the set up row and another 36 rows done.
- Crochet: Lap Blanket – This is at about 31/40 inches