Sunday afternoon we had a Christmas party to go to for the kids at the local Moose lodge. That’s one nice thing our membership gives us. Plus, we go in almost every Friday night for dinner and the four of us eat for right around $25. Not many restaurants where you can get that. The boy got a race track set and the girl got a new bookbag. This is the last year she’ll get anything, since it’s only for 10 & under.
Tonight we have the Christmas party at the fire station for the kids/grandkids of the firefighters. Saturday is my niece’s birthday party and then Christmas with my dad. And then just over a week until three days of celebrating Christmas in a row. By then, I will certainly be all peopled out.
Today the school is on a 2 hour delay. I’m not surprised, we got snow dumped on us last night. I need to go out and shovel still. I’ll get to that, but first it’s time for another WiPPet Snippet. Last week, I said I’d share what got Isaac so spooked in that snippet, so here we go. I have 7 sentences(1+2+1+3) following directly after last week’s snippet.
The man behind him still had a cruel smile on his face. Apparently prison hadn’t gotten rid of that. Instead it almost seemed to have been carved even deeper. Isaac tried to focus on the road, on getting home. It would only satisfy his father if he ended up killing himself on the drive. He’d probably call it some kind of justice. Since it had been because of Isaac, at least partly, that he’d spent the last seven years in prison.
Yeah, Isaac’s father is not a nice guy, just in case you were wondering.
Monthly Goal Met/Finished Weekly Goal Met
Primary: Still Burning – Outline Act 4– Outlined 12/12 scenes
- Secondary: Outline Act 4 for Green Hills & Smoky Fields 1, Whatever It Takes, & High on Loving You –
- Stretch: Flames of Knowledge – Brainstorm –General character mind map done and Connor’s mind map. Started Camella’s.
- Primary: Write 42500 words on main projects – 16585/42500
- Still Burning(Mainest main project) – 9788/25000, 3574 this week
- Green Hills & Smoky Fields – 2091/5000, 762 this week
- Whatever It Takes – 1870/5000, 589 this week
- High on Loving You – 1914/5000, 604 this week
- By the Gun – 922/2500, 250 this week
- Secondary: Write 7250 words on side projects – 1978/7250
- Patrick & Sarah – 95/750
- Tavin & Haiwee – 200/750
- Roman – 0/750
Dougal & Shae– 404/750
- Jacob & Matthew – 213/750
- Mike & Fadil – 204/750
- Hawk – 344/750
- Sean & Braeden – 87/750
Melanie & Garren– 428/750
- Desmund – 0/500
- Stretch: Write 35 pages on Jonas & Isaac – 7/35
- Primary: Stained Blood – beta edits – 0/21 chapters
- Secondary: Flames of Renewal – CP edits – 0/25 Chapters
- Stretch: Protecting the Heart – transfer from One Note to Scrivener – 7/24 Chapters
- Primary: Read 30 books – 8/30
The Language of Thorns(Leigh Bardugo)– Finished this Monday morning. LOVED it. All the stories in it.
- Faerie Blood(ReGi McClain) – At 45%
- Snow White on the Run(Sidney Bristol) – At 28%
- Flashpoint(Suzanne Brockmann) – On page 291/452
- Prophecy(Ellen Oh) – At 79%
Not Otherwise Specified(Hannah Moskowitz) –Read this Sunday. Loved it. Rock & Release(Riley Edgewood)– Got to 40%. Having issues with this one. There’s supposed to be a love triangle, but the other guy is coming off as a total ass, and nope, I just don’t care anymore.
- Shadows in the Garden Hotel(Krista Walsh) – At 18%
- Secondary: Listen to 5 audio books – 3/5
Boy Meets Boy(David Levithan)– Finished this Monday morning. Liked it, but felt kind of meh most of the way through.
- Strange the Dreamer(Laini Taylor) – On Chapter 16/68
- Primary: Post
Writing Wednesday, Fiction Friday, Stream of Consciousness Saturday, Weekend Writing Warriors, & Sunday Summary each week – 9/23
- Secondary: Post to Patreon 2x – 1/2
- Knit: Split Crescents Knit Dishcloth – Cast on stitches. Knit 21/61 rows
- Crochet: Blended Granny Lapghan – 0/9 blocks, have first block started