We’ve come to the middle of the month. I’m halfway to my NaNoWriMo(or was very close to it as of Tuesday night.
Won’t have a problem hitting it today Hit it this morning). I’m at the halfway point of Whatever It Takes(and nearly ready to outline Act 3). And that’s about all the middle stuff I can come up with. 🙂
On Sunday we went to a birthday party for one of the boy’s friends. His older brother is also in the girl’s grade, and their father is friends with my husband, so both kids were invited. The birthday party was at Chuck E Cheese, which is basically my personal version of Hell. Up until now I’ve gotten away from having to go to any parties there. Usually only 1 kid is invited, so I take the other one to do something else(if the girl stays with me, we usually go to the bookstore, the boy prefers Toys R Us). It was…not as bad as I feared. We followed the kids around a bit at first, and there were too many people among all the games. But when we sat down, it wasn’t quite as…socially claustrophobic(this is the term I used before I knew social anxiety was a thing). I felt on edge the whole time we were there, but I survived, so there’s that. And the kids had a good time.
During last week’s writing of Green Hills & Smoky Fields(really need to come up with a different title since book 1 takes place all in the Green Hills part), a new character popped up, surprising me(If you want, you can meet him in the Stream of Consciousness Saturday post I have linked below). And he has me adding quite a few words and scenes I hadn’t planned on into it. And it also already has me thinking about what might happen in book 2. Except I’m not even halfway through this one yet. Oops?
And now that it’s Wednesday, it’s time for WiPPet Wednesday!! A blog hop, hosted by the amazing Emily Wrayburn for us to share a snippet from a current Work in Progress that someone pertains to the date. I’m still sharing from Jonas & Isaac’s story. I have the last 6 paragraphs(1+5 for the day) from the scene I started sharing from last week.
“You did say you wanted to know why he keeps coming by, hanging out when you’re not busy. But, he leaves just as that tension starts snapping between you.”
That wasn’t quite what he’d said. And Jonas did seem to get enjoyment out of helping the kids. But, there had to be more to it, didn’t there? “I don’t need a private investigator for those answers. I don’t need those answers.” Wasn’t sure he wanted them.
“You keep telling yourself that, Isaac. I can see the truth. Hell, everyone around here sees the truth.”
“I will,” Isaac said, ignoring the last two statements. “Thank you very much for your permission.”
Konner snorted again and bumped his shoulder against Isaac’s. Then, he started rambling on about…something. Isaac barely followed the conversation. Because why did Jonas keep coming by? Was it really only about helping? Or something more?
He shouldn’t care about the answer. But, he did. and he was afraid finding out would destroy him.
Will Isaac get those answers? Would he really like what they were?
Monthly Goal Met/Finished Weekly Goal Met
- Primary: Green Hills & Smoky Fields –
Outline Act 2, Act 3, & Act 4 as I come to them – On Target
- Secondary: Outline Upcoming Acts for Still Burning & Whatever It Takes – Target Not Sighted in
- Stretch: Flames of Knowledge – Brainstorm – Target Not Sighted In
- Primary: Green Hills & Smoky Fields – Write 50000 words – 26225/50000 words On Target
- Secondary: Other main projects – Write 17500 words – 9904/17500 On Target
- Still Burning – 1099 words
- Whatever It Takes –948 words
- High on Loving You –726 words
- By the Gun – 388 words
- Stretch: Side Projects – 2250 words – 1893/2250 On Target
Patrick & Sarah– 54 words Tavin & Haiwee– 36 words Roman– 108 words Dougal & Shae– 51 words Jacob & Matthew– 60 words Mike & Fadil– 32 words Hawk– 63 words Sean & Braeden– 46 words Melanie & Garren– 76 words
- Stretchier: Jonas & Isaac – 15 pages – 8/15 On Target
- Primary: Stained Blood – Edit chapters as I get them back – 0/22 Target Not Sighted in Yet
- Secondary: Flames of Renewal – Edit once I get it back from CP – Target Not Sighted in Yet
- Stretch: Transfer Ready When You Are from Word to Scrivener – 9/23 On Target
- Primary: Read 30 books – 10/30 Off Target
Dangerous in Training(Sidney Bristol)– Started this Friday evening. Finished it Tuesday morning. Softly at Sunrise(Maya Banks)– Started this Saturday night. It’s a novella included with Shades of Gray. Finished it Sunday morning. Enjoyed it.
- The Rogue Prince(Lindsay Buroker) – Started this Monday afternoon. At 24%
- All He Ever Needed(Shannon Stacey) – Started this Monday evening. On page 123/272
- A Gentleman’s Position(K.J. Charles) – Started this Tuesday morning. At 11%
- Secondary: Listen 4 books – 2/4
- Imprudence(Gail Carriger) – Started this Friday morning. On Chapter 13/19
- Primary: Post
Writing Wednesday, Fiction Friday, Stream of Consciousness Saturday, Weekend Writing Warriors, & Sunday Summary each week – 11/21 On Target
- Secondary: Post to Patreon 4x – 1/4 Off Target
- Green Hills & Smoky Fields – The Beginning
- Knit: Slip n Purl Toque – Started this Tuesday evening(11/7). Cast on & knit 7 rows & finished brim, knit 28 rows of main pattern Target Sighted in
Prayer Square& Dreamy Scarf – 17/17 remaining rows on Prayer Square Target in Sight