That feels like all I’m doing. Just making my word count for NaNo each day. Except Sunday. I didn’t do any writing then. Stories like those in my Flames series spoil me for ones like Green Hills and Smoky Fields(going to be series title, but haven’t come up with one for first book). These words are coming out slower, which isn’t likely a bad thing. Just makes it all feel so slow and may not have made it the best choice for NaNo. But, I’ll keep going with it.
And my sinuses are starting to feel plugged up. Just when I thought I might avoid the cold everyone else in the house seems to have gotten. Blah. But, at least I had a pretty good birthday on Sunday. Got my strawberry banana pancakes at IHoP, went to barnes & noble and got They Both Die at the End(Adam Silvera) & the girl used up my gift card on one of her books. Then, we went to the used book store and I got three more books(Hot Target – Suzanne Brockmann, Fatal Consequences – Marie Force, & Before We Kiss – Susan Mallery). Stopped at Michael’s and got yarn for my other crochet project for the month(still not the exact yarn called for, different brand, but I think it will work. Got my hair cut, got groceries, and picked up some strawberry and orange wine. Had a glass of the strawberry Sunday night. It was GOOD. I’m not much of a wine drinker(not much of a drinker at all, really), but this stuff could change my mind.
And now it’s time for WiPPet Wednesday. Which means it’s time for more Jonas & Isaac! They may be a little upset with me. They are *this close* to kissing, and I keep leaving them hanging. You’ll get there, boys. Just a little longer. 😉 But, I’m not quite there in snippets yet(need to have some room so I don’t catch up to myself). Anyway, today I have 10 paragraphs(1+1+8) from the next scene after last week’s.
“What do you think his motive is?” Konner shuffled some papers on the desk but didn’t look up at Isaac.
He didn’t even need to ask who Konner was talking about. Still, he didn’t feel like addressing it either. Instead, he just asked, “What are we, starring on a cop show now?”
Konner laughed, probably more than the statement warranted. He’d been like that a lot lately. Of course, Konner had always been able to find more humor in every day things than Isaac had. And it wasn’t because he’d had an easier life.
He hadn’t. But, he apparently had something that was broken in Isaac. He ruthlessly shoved those thoughts–planted there by his father so many years ago, even though he’d thought he’d uprooted them by now–and turned back to the discussion. “Anyway, i thought it was your brother who was the investigator now.” And Konner had encouraged Jonas to stick around and help. Why the suspicion now?
Konner smirked. “I could set Maddix on him if you want. A little surveillance, and we’d have some answers.”
Isaac shook his head. “I’m not setting your private investigator brother on my ex-boyfriend. He hasn’t done anything.”
“Last time I saw him, he looked like he wanted to be your current boyfriend once again.”
Isaac knew that wasn’t true, but he smirked at Konner and asked, “Jealous?”
Somethine flashed through Konner’s eyes, but he just grinned back at Isaac. “What would I be jealous of? I’m single and loving it, babe.”
Isaac knew when Konner used that pet name, he was covering something up. And Konner, single? Yeah, that never lasted long. “You are chronically falling in love, Kon. Single isn’t a state you exist in well.”
So, is Konner jealous? Or is there something else going on with him. And obviously, Jonas’ plan to stay away from the center, and Isaac, isn’t going so well. 😉
Monthly Goal Met/Finished Weekly Goal Met
- Primary: Green Hills & Smoky Fields – Outline Act 2, Act 3, & Act 4 as I come to them – Target Not Sighted In
- Secondary: Plot Upcoming Acts for Still Burning & Whatever It Takes – Target Not Sighted in
- Stretch: Flames of Knowledge – Brainstorm – Target Not Sighted In
- Primary: Green Hills & Smoky Fields – Write 50000 words – 11962/50000 words A little short for today’s goal, but still On Target
- Secondary: Other main projects – Write 17500 words – 5246/17500 On Target
- Still Burning – 694 words
- Whatever It Takes – 572 words
- High on Loving You – 632 words
- By the Gun –403 words
- Stretch: Side Projects – 2250 words – 1367/2250 On Target
Patrick & Sarah– 51 words Tavin & Haiwee– 81 words Roman– 68 words Dougal & Shae– 86 words Jacob & Matthew– 110 words Mike & Fadil– 69 words Hawk– 89 words Sean & Braeden– 74 words Melanie & Garren– 65 words
- Stretchier: Jonas & Isaac – 15 pages – 3/15 On Edge of Target
- Primary: Stained Blood – Edit chapters as I get them back – 0/22 Target Not Sighted in Yet
- Secondary: Flames of Renewal – Edit once I get it back from CP – Target Not Sighted in Yet
- Stretch: Transfer Ready When You Are from Word to Scrivener – 4/23 Slightly Off Target
- Primary: Read 30 books – 4/30 Off Target
- Killing Fear(Allison Brennan) – Started this Thursday afternoon(when my kindle had to charge). Read the prologue(10 pages but was numbered with roman numerals. Chapter 1 started with page 1, which seems weird to me, but oh well). On page 389/421
Concourse(Santino Hassell)– Started this Friday evening. Finished it Tuesday afternoon. Loved it. *In my head, I kept calling this Intercourse. The last book was Interborough, and for some reason my brain mashed the two together. And I’d snicker every time I realized what I’d called it. Because I am so very mature. Unicorn Tracks(Julia Ember)– Started this Saturday night. Finished it Tuesday night. Enjoyed it. Once Upon a Wedding(Kait Nolan)– Started this Sunday morning. Finished it Sunday night. Was a quick, sweet read.
- Secondary: Listen 4 books – 1/4
Tower of Dawn(Sarah J Maas)– Started this Wednesday afternoon(10/25). Finished it Monday morning(11/6)
- A Merciful Truth(Kendra Elliot) – Started this Monday afternoon. On Chapter 12/32
- Primary: Post
Writing Wednesday, Fiction Friday, Stream of Consciousness Saturday, Weekend Writing Warriors, & Sunday Summary each week – 6/21 On Target
- Fiction Friday – “You’re Drunk” – a short bit with Maddix(Konner’s brother) and Arcelia(Jonas’ sister).
- Stream of Consciousness Saturday: “Shortcut/Cut Short” – Torin and Eamonn(from Green Hills & Smoky Fields) arguing.
- Weekend Writing Warriors – “Savor Every Second” – the end of Chapter 2 of Hawk’s story
- Sunday Summary – Weekly progress update
- Secondary: Post to Patreon 4x – 0/4 Off Target
- Knit: Slip n Purl Toque – Started this Tuesday evening(11/7). Cast on & knit one row Target Sighted in
Prayer Square& Dreamy Scarf – 17/17 remaining rows on Prayer Square Target in Sight