Yesterday was my 11 year anniversary. We didn’t do much to celebrate really. But, we are going out of town(for a motorcycle rally with the club we ride with) next weekend. The kids will be staying with my mom. I’m not sure when the last time was we got away for a whole weekend without the kids.
Yesterday we stopped at an open house for a gym in town. They just moved to a new location, on main street now. Husband and I decided to get a membership. Now, to actually use it. 😉 Then, we met mother-in-law for lunch and the kids went with her for the afternoon. We did some shopping, got some groceries, stopped at Wendy’s for dinner. Then, we went and picked up the kids. Pretty laid back day.
It was a pretty decent week overall. I decided on Monday to re-instate my Mellow Mondays. I try to take weekends off, but I’m usually still feeling drained on Monday, especially if we’ve had a rather social weekend. I took most of this past Monday off, and Tuesday was a much better day. I had moderate progress all week, and I didn’t quite meet all my goals, but I’m hoping next week will be even better.
- Primary: Green Hills & Smoky Fields: Book 1 – Story Toolkit – got through Major Plot Points, finished 3 protagonist character sheets, antagonist sheet, supporting character, started 1/3 character arc sheets 7/18
- Secondary: Plan out weekly Story a Day offerings – Plotted 13/15 so far. The others from the second set of prompts aren’t really plottable(write in opposite setting from last time/write opposite your usual method). On target.
- Primary: Write 45000 words on 5 main projects(
one almost complete) – 17150/45000 words Off target Still Burning– 2536 words
- But, it still hurt. He wasn’t sure it would ever stop. But, it was better than the hurt when she shut herself completely out of his life. So, he supposed he would just have to deal with it.
- Whatever It Takes – 1101 words
- High on Loving You – 820 words
- By the Gun – 807 words
- Secondary: Write 10000 words on 10 side projects – 4456/10000 words A little off target
Patrick & Sarah– 160 words Tavin & Haiwee– 292 words Roman– 229 words Dougal & Shae– 324 words Jacob & Matthew– 188 words Mike & Fadil–180 words Hawk– 268 words
- Sean & Braeden – 93 words
- Melanie & Garren – 76 words
- Stretch: Write 50 pages on Jonas & Isaac project – 16/50 pages Off target
- Primary: Edit Stained Blood as I get chapters back –
- Secondary: Edit Flames of Renewal when I get it back –
- Stretch: Edit Preggers short story – Filled in detail. Read through 12/12 pages, made revisions
- Primary: Read 30 books – 11/30 Fell Off Target
- Of Dreams and Rust(Sarah Fine) – Started this Monday(9/4) morning. At 14%. Not sure if it’s because it’s been so long since I read the first book or what, but I find myself not really caring. So setting this aside until I finish the other books on this month’s list(or at least for the week). Then, I may try to pick it back up.
See No Evil(Allison Brennan)– Started this Saturday afternoon. Finished it Monday afternoon. Really enjoyed it. Edge of Control(Trish Loye)– Started this Monday afternoon. Finished it Monday night. Loved it. Yours to Keep(Shannon Stacey)– Started this Tuesday morning. Finished it Tuesday night. Really enjoyed it. Last Chance Rebel(Maisey Yates)– Started this Wednesday afternoon. Finished it Friday evening. Liked it.
- If I Should Die(Allison Brennan) – Started this Friday night. On page 188/393
- Secondary: Listen to 6 books – 2/6 Close to target
A Court of Wings and Ruin(Sarah J Maas)– Started this Thursday morning(9/7). Finished it Sunday morning. Good ending to the trilogy.
- Stretch: Read 1 craft/research book – I did read a little more of The Story of the Irish Race for GH & SF.
- Primary: Post weekly
Writing Wednesday, Fiction Friday, SOCS, WeWriWa, & Sunday Summaryposts – On target
- Secondary: Write & Post 25 Story a Day pieces – 14/25 written. 11/25 posted On target
- Changing History
- Birth – takes place after the end of Jonas & Isaac’s story
- Dazzling Sunset – a bit with Ian and Aidan, from my short story, Hang On.
- Looking Up – a bit of a “meet cute” for 2 new characters.
- Moving Forward – a bit of ‘after ever after’ for Jonas & Isaac(though it comes before ‘Birth’.
- Not Twins – continuation to my Preggers story, not posted
- Motive – More Jonas & Isaac, combined with Stream of Consciousness Saturday
- Breaking Rules – A quick 100 words of dialogue without quotation marks(prompt was to break some rules).
- Konner & Derek – Wrote this by hand then dictated to my phone(both methods I don’t typically use).
- Rapunzel, Rapunzel – a bit of a gender-bent modernized version of Rapunzel, featuring Konner & Derek.
- A Good Sign – more with Konner & Derek, something that happens off page in Jonas & Isaac’s story.
- Like This Forever – more of Jonas & Isaac’s story, a bit emotional
- Slanting Sunlight – continuation of Looking Up
- Never Believe – a bit with Isaac shortly after him and Jonas break up.
- Stretch: Post to Patreon 4x – 2/4 – posted a monthly writing update & posted Chapter 2 of Patrick & Sarah’s story. On target