Seven years ago at this time, I was laying in a hospital bed, about half an hour away from my son being born. Let’s just say, he pretty much charged into this world and hasn’t slowed down much since then. 11 years ago, we were just getting the phone call that my soon-to-be father-in-law(our wedding was to be 13 days later) was not doing well in the hospital, and we needed to get there right away9and that was a Sunday, too). He died a few hours later. So, needless to say, this tends to be a bittersweet day.
Yesterday we went up to Erie so my husband could get new tires put on our truck. We stopped at Wendy’s for lunch(French fries in frosty, yum) then the girl and I walked down to Barnes & Noble(basically next door) to waste some time while he took care of that. I got three books, and the girl got two then we sat in the café while we waited, and she finished reading one of her books.
We had some friends over for a fire last night. Hot dogs, pizza mountain pies, and corn roasted over the fire. YUM!! And then…it started raining. So we packed everything up and went inside. I fell asleep on the couch around 8, woke up at 10(with a stiff neck), went back to bed and woke up at 4 with a horrible cramp in my calf. So, a fun night.
Now, it’s time to evaluate this week’s/month’s goals. I have through Thursday directly below. Then, after that, everything for September.
Primary: Write 50000 words on 5 main projects– 52319/50000 Goal completed
- Heart of Christmas – 2148 words
- Still Burning – 1712 words
- Whatever It Takes – 1623 words
- High on Loving You – 1216 words
- By the Gun – 1661 words
Secondary: Write 10000 words on 10 side projects– 10693/10000 Almost to goal.
- Dougal & Shae – 72 words
- Jacob & Matthew – 223 words
- Preggers – 454 words
- Roman – 433 words
- Hawk – 88 words
- Melanie & Garren – 265 words
- Tavin & Haiwee – 354 words
- Patrick & Sarah – 509 words
Stretch: Write 50 pages in composition notebook on Jonas & Isaac’s story– 76/50 pages. Goal Completed. Way ahead of schedule here.
- Primary: Edit Stained Blood as I get chapters back – 0/25 chapters. Still waiting
- Secondary: Edit Flames of Renewal once I get it back – 0/25 chapters. Still waiting.
Polish In the Moonlight & Staring at the Sun, post Staring at the Sun on Wattpad, Edit Midas’ Daughter, Rename, Fill-In details, read through, revise, & polish Jared’s Stepfather–
Primary: Read 30 books– 31/30 Goal completed Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit(Jaye Robin Brown)– Started this Saturday morning. Finished Sunday afternoon. Loved this. Make It Last(Megan Erickson)– Started this Sunday evening. Finished it Monday afternoon. Loved it. Hell On Wheels(Cynthia Rayne)– Started this Monday afternoon. Finished it Tuesday morning. Liked it. Dirty Distractions(Taryn Quinn)– Started this Tuesday afternoon. Finished it Tuesday evening. There didn’t seem to be much plot other than a lot of sex(seriously, almost every scene) and it ended at 51% with excerpts following of like 4 other books. And just…no. That drives me nuts. The Ex-Trials(Heather Topham Wood)– Started this Tuesday night. Finished it Wednesday afternoon. Was okay. Playing for Keeps(Avery Cockburn)– Started this Wednesday night. Finished it Thursday night. Really enjoyed it.
Secondary: Listen 4 books– 6/4 Goal more than completed.
- Prudence(Gail Carriger) – Started this Monday morning. On Chapter 5/16
- Stretch: Read 1 craft/research book – 0/1
- The Story of the Irish Race – I started this Wednesday and ended up skipping halfway through then setting it down because it’s very wordy and kind of dry. And maybe not what I’m looking for as research for my Green Hills & Smoky Fields series.
- Primary: Post Writing Wednesday(mid-week check-in & snippet from Jonas & Isaac), Fiction Friday, SOCS, WeWriWa, & Sunday Summary posts each week – 1/5 last week(the rest will be in September’s goals). Pretty much stayed on track.
- Secondary: Post to Patreon at least 1x a week – Didn’t post anything this week. If you were my patron(and you can be for only $1 a month if you click on the link), what would you want to see from me? I feel like I’m talking to a void there since I don’t have any patrons there, but I don’t want to just stop posting content.
- Stretch: Stay current with blog comments – Current as of Thursday afternoon
And now goals for this next month:
- Primary: Green Hills & Smoky Fields: Book 1 – Story Toolkit – starting this when I finish drafting Heart of Christmas.
- Secondary: Plan out weekly Story a Day offerings – Plotted 6/25(guessing on this number right now) so far. This mostly consists of jotting down a few sentences for what the prompt brings to mind. I have 2 pieces planned for the one prompt.
- Primary: Write 45000 words on 5 main projects(one almost complete) – 1014/45000 words
- Whatever It Takes – 193 words
- High on Loving You – 629 words
- By the Gun – 192 words
- Secondary: Write 10000 words on 10 side projects
- Stretch: Write 50 pages on Jonas & Isaac project – 3/50 pages
- Primary: Edit Stained Blood as I get chapters back
- Secondary: Edit Flames of Renewal when I get it back
- Stretch: Edit Preggers short story once it’s finished
- Primary: Read 30 books – 1/30
Under the Lights(Dahlia Adler)– Started this Friday morning. Finished it Saturday afternoon. Loved it.
- The Trouble with Mistletoe(Jill Shalvis) – Started this Saturday afternoon. On page 140/361
- Secondary: Listen to 6 books – 0/6
- Prudence(Gail Carriger) – Carrying this over from August. On Chapter 8/16
- Stretch: Read 1 craft/research book
- Primary: Post weekly Writing Wednesday, Fiction Friday, SOCS, WeWriWa, & Sunday Summary posts – Fiction Friday(Chapter 3 of Staring at the Sun), SOCS(a bit of Jonas & Isaac after the end of their story – combined with Story a Day prompt, linked below), WeWriWa(8 sentences of Hawk’s story)
- Secondary: Write & Post 25(5 prompts a week) Story a Day pieces – 2/25 written. 2/25 posted
- Stretch: Post to Patreon 4x