It’s a busy birthday weekend around here. Yesterday we had my niece’s 9th birthday party. In the morning, we went to IHoP for breakfast then some shopping. Went to the used bookstore, traded in a box of books(up to $130 in credit there now), got 8 more books for $20(my credit is only applied up to half my order total). I spent just a little more than that a couple weekends ago at B&N for 3 books. Of course, the used book store doesn’t have all the titles in the series I’m reading, so I can’t just get all my books there(which I don’t have a problem buying new, but if I can find them there, I’ll usually snatch them up). We got groceries, and I snuck away so I could buy the rest of the boy’s birthday presents. After a quick stop at home to put away cold groceries, let the dogs out, and wrap niece’s birthday present, we were off again.
Sister-in-law had the party at a pond near where they live. The girl loved it because she got to swim.
And the boy got to go fishing. He caught his first ever fish. Then, he caught his second(which is the one I got a picture of).
We came home and started picking up the house(well, the living room at least) to get ready for today’s party(though his birthday isn’t actually until 9/3, but that’s Labor Day weekend. So we decided to have it early). I baked the cake. And once the kids went to bed, wrapped presents. By that point, I was definitely ready for bed.
I still have to decorate the cake(he wants Transformers, so we got yellow frosting for Bumblebee and Transformers candles), blow up balloons, and get the other last minute things done.
- Primary: Write 50000 words on 5 main projects – 43952/50000 On target
- Heart of Christmas -2221 words
- “One thing can,” he said. “Not the physical marks. But, I’ve always carried the fear I will turn out like him. Tell me what my real father was like. Please tell me there’s something better in me than the man who raised me, so I won’t be afraid I’ll hurt the woman I love.”
- Still Burning – 2375 words
- His words shouldn’t have felt like a hammer right to her gut. And, yes, she knew just what that felt like. Her own fault, that one. And so was this. She’d made him feel that way. The exact thing she’d been trying to prevent by keeping him at a distance, and she’d done it anyway.
- Whatever It Takes – 2271 words
- She shook her head. She couldn’t tell Jared. They might have come from a similar life, but he’d gotten out and made a perfect life for himself. She’d only gotten out with Mica’s help, and it had gotten him killed. She couldn’t ever have a perfect life. She didn’t deserve one.
- High on Loving You – 2384 words
- She didn’t know why she was torturing herself like this. It was pretty clear Morgan didn’t have any feelings for her aside from friends. Or rather friend of his sister. It didn’t get much more platonic than that. *Sure, Anna, keep telling yourself that. 😉
- By the Gun – 2230 words
- But, he still couldn’t bring himself to strap the belt around his waist. Every time he tried, he started sweating and shaking, and seeing how his father fell in that street. He dropped into the chair at the table, sending it skidding a few inches away.
- Heart of Christmas -2221 words
- Secondary: Write 10000 words on 10 side projects – 8149/10000 On target here, too. I’ve already met my goal for the week.
- Patrick & Sarah – 275 words
- “I’m not worrying,” the boy said, practically hissing the words at him. “I just want you to stay away. Leave my mama alone.”
- Tavin & Haiwee – 268 words
- “He does not belong with us, Haiwee. He has his own people.”
- Roman – 257 words
- Roman couldn’t understand it. There had to be some redeeming quality to the young man she could see, and he couldn’t. “I did everything I could,” he said again
- Dougal & Shae – 354 words
- It was better for all of them if she just forgot all about him. And the way he’d made her feel. Particularly the way he made her feel.
- Jacob & Matthew – 261 words
- Jacob put his hands on Matthew’s shoulders, staring hard at him. “You can’t be serious. No one in this town would trust me with that badge. What if I gambled it away?”
- Mike & Fadil– 250 words
- His mother turned to look at him, and he hated seeing the tears in her eyes. Yet there was still a slight smile on her face. “When you used to ask me that, it was because you really wanted one for yourself.”
- Preggers – 359 words
- Lyndi started to turn back, but Marika kept a hand at her back. “Leave her to her anger,” she said. “Don’t let yourself get sucked into it. You don’t deserve it.”
- Hawk – 286 words
- “Are you still worrying?” he asked as he placed another kiss at my wrist.
- Sean & Braeden – 285 words
- For a moment, Sean thought he might tell the boy. But, no, he couldn’t make himself vulnerable like that. “It’s nothing,” he said. “I’ll go up to the house. I’m sure Mum is wondering where I am.”
- Melanie & Garren(Patreon bonus content from Healing the Heart) – 275 words
- She hadn’t even talked to Jared since they’d finished medical school. She doubted she ever would again. *If you’ve read Healing the Heart, you know why this is sort of prophetic.
- Patrick & Sarah – 275 words
Stretch: Write 50 pages in composition notebook on Jonas & Isaac’s story– 64/50 pages. Way ahead of schedule here.
- Primary: Edit Stained Blood as I get chapters back – 0/25 chapters. Still waiting
- Secondary: Edit Flames of Renewal once I get it back – 0/25 chapters. Still waiting.
Polish In the Moonlight & Staring at the Sun, post Staring at the Sun on Wattpad, Edit Midas’ Daughter, Rename, Fill-In details, read through, revise, & polish Jared’s Stepfather– Filled in details(there were only 2), read through, revised, polished 50/50 items, posted chapter 2 of Staring at the Sun
- Primary: Read 30 books – 25/30 Almost on target
Hot Rain(Kat Martin)– Started this Saturday morning. Finished it Sunday morning Cyborg Legacy(Lindsay Buroker)– Read this Sunday afternoon. Loved it The Saint(Monica McCarty)– Started this Sunday night. Finished it Monday night. Really enjoyed it. Leaps of Faith(A.M. Leibowitz)– Started this Tuesday morning. I read the end of this with tears just streaming down my cheeks. So, you know, LOVED IT. Yes, I’m weird, I know this. But, seriously, it was so good. A Moment of Weakness(Brooklyn Skye)– Started this Wednesday morning. Finished it Wednesday night. Liked it. Last Call at the Nightshade Lounge(Paul Krueger)– Started this Thursday morning. Finished it Thursday evening. And it was really good. Whispers in the Dark(Maya Banks)– Started this Thursday evening. Finished it Friday night.
- Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit(Jaye Robin Brown) – Started this Saturday morning. At 59%
Secondary: Listen 4 books– 6/4 Target reached. Ahead of target. Need You for Always(Marina Adair)– Started this Thursday morning. Finished it Tuesday afternoon. This one made me cry, too. This Time Around(Tawna Fenske)– Started this Wednesday morning. Finished this Friday afternoon. Really enjoyed it.
- Stretch: Read 1 craft/research book – 0/1
- Primary: Post Writing Wednesday(mid-week check-in & snippet from Jonas & Isaac), Fiction Friday(Chapter two of Staring at the Sun), SOCS(another moment between Jonas & Isaac right after last week’s), WeWriWa(the beginning of Chapter 2 of Hawk’s story), & Sunday Summary posts each week – 5/5 this week(all linked above except SS). Staying on target
- Secondary: Post to Patreon at least 1x a week – Didn’t post anything last week. Posted an excerpt of Midas’ Daughter on Monday & Good Riddance(formerly known as Jared’s Stepfather) on Friday. If you were my patron(and you can be for only $1 a month if you click on the link), what would you want to see from me? I feel like I’m talking to a void there since I don’t have any patrons there, but I don’t want to just stop posting content.
- Stretch: Stay current with blog comments – Current as of Saturday morning