It’s been an odd week for me. Mostly because since I woke up Monday morning, we’ve had no internet. Kept hoping it would come back on. Even reset the modem a couple times. Nothing. Tuesday, I ended up using my phone as a hotspot just so I could get on and do a few things. But, our cell signal out here isn’t that great and I really didn’t want to use up all our data in one day(we’ve got a good bit rolled over, so it shouldn’t be a problem, but still). *Turning it on again long enough to post this* And I broke down and called Verizon. Went through their troubleshooting list, nothing worked. So they’re sending someone out here this morning to hopefully fix the problem. *fingers crossed* I’ll have my internet back today.
For now, since it is Wednesday, it’s time for another WiPPet!! Today I’m working on Still Burning, so I’ll share more from that today. I have 8 paragraphs(2+6 for the day) from the last scene I wrote. Jess & Austin have had this off & on relationship(more friends with benefits situation than actually dating) for a while, and he wants it to be more on. They tried dating, but she just keeps pushing him away, and he really wants to know why.
Austin knew he probably shouldn’t have said that. Especially not that last part. He shouldn’t let her see how much this was tearing him apart. Give her an entry point to hurt him even more.
He shook himself at that thought. She was not a fire, spreading through his walls. Moving along any crack she could find in his defenses. She was a woman. One he liked very much.
It didn’t matter what else she did, he still wanted her.
It was probably toxic to live like this, letting her in only to have her push him out again. Over and over, until he was sure he was going to break apart. But, he couldn’t seem to give her up anyway.
“I’m not trying to hurt you,” she finally said, her voice low. “That’s why I told you this wasn’t going to work. Because it’s the last thing I want to do.”
“Then, why do you keep walking away?”
“Because I’m not right for you. How many ways do I have to show you before you actually believe it?”
“A million,” he said, knowing the words came out harsh, even though it wasn’t the way he’d meant them. But, it felt like his throat had closed around them. “Because it’s not true. Jess, it isn’t true. You are the only one I want. How can you not be right for me?”
You can check out the other WiPPets here.
And now, for my progress so far this week:
- Heart of Christmas – 10000 words – 9915/10000 words, 2257 this week
- No, it was definitely better to pull away now. He’d have to make her see this was for the best. Somehow.
- Still Burning – 10000 words – 7727/10000 words,
- Whatever It Takes – 10000 words – 7427/10000 words,
- High on Loving You – 10000 words – 9053/10000 words,
By the Gun – 10000 words– 10092/10000 words, 1640 this week
- Rosalyn sighed and shook her head then started up toward the house. “What?” Carlos yelled after her. “What does that mean?” *Ahh, siblings. 😉
- Side Projects – 10000 words – 9526/10000 words, 1725 this week
- Jacob & Matthew – 175 words – The boy frowned at that. As if he was thinking it over. Then, he asked, “Are you going to go away again?” *Matthew didn’t expect to be sentimental over the little brother he barely knows. And my goal on this one is met for the month.
- Mike & Fadil – 271 words – Mike couldn’t help it, he laughed too. Then, he ran a hand over his hair. “I am sorry. I did not mean to be a bear.” *that’s not quite how Fadil would describe you, Mike. 😉
- Stained Blood – Beta edits – Chapter 1/26, 0 this month
- Flames of Renewal – CP edits –
- In the Moonlight
– Read Through& Revise – Read through Chapter 32/32. Hang On – Polish & Submit– 50/50 polished. Submitted.
- Staring at the Sun –
Read Through, Revise, Polish, & Post to Wattpad – Read through Chapter 10/10.
Listen: 5 books– 6/5, 1 this week The Delphi Effect(Rysa Walker)– Started this Tuesday afternoon. Finished this Sunday morning. Really enjoyed it, but the next book doesn’t come out until October! Patience is not one of my virtues when it comes to books. 😉
- A Merciful Death(Kendra Elliot) – Started this Sunday morning. On Chapter 24/42
- Read: 30 books – 25/30, 3 this week
- The Three Brooches(Katherine Lowry Logan) – Started this Saturday morning. At 42%
The Shadow Hour(Melissa Grey)– Started this Saturday morning. Finished it Sunday night. Really enjoyed this. And the final book in the trilogy came out like 2 weeks ago! Good timing(even though I won’t get it yet, b/c the kindle version is $10.99!) The Magpie Lord(K.J. Charles)– Read this Monday. Really enjoyed it. The Viper(Monica McCarty)– Started this Monday evening. Finished this Tuesday night. Really enjoyed it.