It’s been quite a week. And a good one at that. I actually met all my writing goals on Thursday. So I spent Thursday and Friday working on back stories for Jonas & Isaac. I’m still working on one of them. And I wrote another little piece for Stream of Consciousness Saturday. This one’s only with Isaac, but he meets someone who has a connection to Whatever It Takes.
I mentioned a while ago that we went to look at my father-in-law’s old bike. My stepmother-in-law sold it after he died. My husband would have liked to keep it, but we didn’t have the money for it then and he didn’t have his motorcycle license yet. We really didn’t think we’d ever see it again. Then, a few months ago, the guy who bought it got in touch with stepmother-in-law. His wife was in an accident on his bike, and he wanted to sell his. So, we started talking about buying it. We weren’t sure if we’d be able to swing it or not. But, Friday we took our old motorcycle in to the dealer we were working through and picked up the new one and brought it home.
We took the bike out yesterday and went up to the Bike Fest in Erie(Roar on the Shore is going on as well, but we didn’t go there). There were a lot of people, some stuff to look at, some bikes on display, and really loud music. So, yeah, I was a little on edge. But, we didn’t stay there too long. After we left, we rode down to a ‘hog bash’ some people my husband works with have every year. So we ate there and talked a while and then went to get the truck so we could pick the kids up from his mom.
Today we have another ride, an anti-bullying ride to show support for a member of the Explorers post out of our fire station. It got really bad at school for her during the year, and this is something I’m sensitive to, because I *was* her. Except I didn’t really have people who had my back(I was just told to ignore them and they’d go away. Yeah, that didn’t happen).
Anyway, here’s my progress for this week. There was quite a bit of it.
- Heart of Christmas – 10000 words – 5540/10000 words, 2587 this week. Posted a bit about this story on my Patreon(at the moment, I’m making all my content available for $1 monthly patrons, at least until I build up a following).
- She let out a soft sigh as his lips pressed to hers. “Oh, aye,” she mimicked his accent. “Matches what I was thinking.”
- Still Burning – 10000 words – 5221/10000 words, 2442 this week
- There was a flash of heat in his eyes then his lips quirked up. “Because I know us, Jess. I let you talk me into your bed, and we won’t have dinner. Or probably breakfast tomorrow. Except for the fact I got to work. And I really want to take you to dinner.”
- Whatever It Takes – 10000 words – 5233/10000 words, 2496 this week
- It wasn’t true. She knew that. Carlos loved her. Pia loved her. But, there was still that voice in her head that laughed at her and said that wasn’t enough. She’d never find anyone who could really love her.
- High on Loving You – 10000 words – 5245/10000 words, 2421 this week
- He pulled back, and she saw a flash of anger in his eyes then it was gone. “Just relax, Dakota,” he said, almost lazily. “Anna’s practically like a little sister to me. Plus, she’s hot for my brother. Not like I’d step into that.” *nothing like announcing something neither of them want to face. And, no, Bryce(the one speaking) & Dakota are not in a relationship. It’s a bit more complicated than that.
- By the Gun – 10000 words – 5146/10000 words, 2533 this week
- But, it was too late to change any of that. All they could do was move forward. And he finally felt like he was doing that.
- Side Projects – 10000 words – 5240/10000 words, 2778 this week. I’ve already met my goal on this for the week.
- Midas’ Daughter – 373 words – Flip glared over at him for a moment then returned his attention to Mr. Midas. James didn’t matter here, not if Mr. Midas decided he didn’t. “You might think I don’t have any power, but I also don’t have a lot to lose. You already destroyed what I could have had with her. All I have left here is a job.”
- Patrick & Sarah – 283 words – The boy’s lip curled up into a sneer, a look that should not have fit on the face of a boy so young. “You and every other man in this town,” he said.
- Tavin & Haiwee – 191 words – No,” she said, shaking her head. His mind must really have traveled far away. “Haiwee.”
- Roman – 207 words – He sat beside her and followed her gaze to the television screen. Where the newscaster was wrapping up a story. And there was video of Carlos being led back to his cell. Well, that explained the tears.
- Dougal & Shae – 187 words – She let out a soft laugh but didn’t bother turning around. “Sure you didn’t. Don’t try to tell me Donnie didn’t send you out here to try to push us together once more.”
- Jacob & Matthew – 250 words – “Oh, I responded to all of Pa’s letters,” Matthew told her. “I just didn’t send any of them here, as I figured you would throw them in the fire before letting him read them.” He glanced at the boy again and saw the confusion in his furrowed brow. Exchanging verbal blows with his stepmother would get him nowhere and only upset his little brother, so he took a step back. “I take it Pa is not at home today.”
- Mike & Fadil – 327 words – “You aren’t an all-powerful being, Jess. Do you want me to keep Alexa a little longer until things settle down more?”
- Preggers – 317 words – Missy gave them increasingly dirty looks every time she passed the table, but Lyndi didn’t seem to notice. So, Marika decided to ignore it as well. What she couldn’t ignore was how nervous the other woman seemed to grow as the minutes ticked away.
- Hawk – 220 words – I nodded, but I wasn’t sure what else to say about it. I thought it had been the worst thing to feel my father’s fists and feet slamming into me then having him pushing me out of his truck into a ditch and leaving me there. Until he’d shot at me.
- Sean & Braeden – 227 words – He saw his parents exchange a glance and wish he’d decided to do that before they’d even sat down to eat. Like maybe as soon as he’d realized Braeden was here. He should have known that would only lead to disaster.
- Jared’s Stepfather – 196 words – But, he made the vow anyway. He didn’t care if it cost him his life. He would never let that man hurt Denise or hand her off to another man to do it. Not as long as he breathed.
- Stained Blood – Beta edits – Chapter 1/26, 0 this month
- Flames of Renewal – CP edits –
- In the Moonlight – Read Through & Revise – Read through Chapter 17/32. And posted a teaser of this Tuesday.
- Hang On – Polish & Submit
- Listen: 5 books – 4/5, 3 this week
The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue(Mackenzi Lee)– Started listening Thursday morning. Finished Monday afternoon. Loved this one so much. When the Moon was Ours(Anna-Marie McLemore)– Started this Tuesday morning. Finished it Wednesday night. Got to the point where I didn’t want to stop listening. It was a beautiful book. Game of Fear(Robin Perini)– Started this Thursday morning. Finished it Saturday morning. Really enjoyed it.
- Honestly Ben(Bill Konigsberg) – Started this Saturday morning. On Chapter 3/49.
- Read: 30 books – 18/30, 8 this week
Winter of the Wolf(Christina Ochs)– Started this Saturday night. Finished it Sunday afternoon. Really enjoyed it, though I still can’t believe one of the characters she killed. 😥 Seriously, no one in this series is safe. Dating Sarah Cooper(Siera Maley)– Started this Sunday evening. Finished it Sunday night. Really, really enjoyed this one. Hard Justice(Lori Foster)– Started this Monday afternoon(after starting 2 other books and setting them aside). Finished it Tuesday night. Enjoyed it. For Real(Alison Cherry)– Started this Wednesday morning. Finished it Wednesday evening. Liked it. Under His Skin(Sidney Bristol)– Started this Wednesday evening. Finished it Thursday afternoon. Enjoyed it except for when the one MC said that her friend was trying to turn her into a real girl by getting her to wear dresses, heels, and make-up. Really? Does that make me a fake girl for hating all that stuff? Front Porches & Funerals(Cora Kenborn & KA Ware)– Read this Thursday evening. It was hilarious. It’s a series of novellas, so this was a really quick read, but I really enjoyed it. Chasing I Do(Marina Adair)– Started this Thursday night. Finished it Friday afternoon. Really enjoyed it, though it felt like things got resolved a little too easily at the end. Still, I really enjoy her writing. Bend Me, Break Me(Chelsea M. Cameron)– Read this Friday. Liked it but never felt really invested. There was a lot of secret keeping(and not just from the other characters).
- The Three Brooches(Katherine Lowry Logan) – Started this Saturday morning. At 22%