Sunday we mostly sat around, had a pretty laidback day. I did get some writing done on a project I started in a notebook last July. Not something I plan to publish, just playing around. And I also wrote a short story of Jonas and Isaac’s(you may remember them from a snippet or two of Not Meant to Be) first kiss. But, that was all the writing I did.
Monday we had the pest control guy back out. He was here about a week and a half earlier because we’ve been having problems with mice(they chewed through half a loaf of bread, several hot dog buns and some other things). Monday was a scheduled “check-up” and he had to refill most of the bait stations. We haven’t heard as much activity(usually we can hear them scurrying around in the walls and cupboards but don’t usually see them), so it seems to be doing the trick. After he left, we went up to Erie and took the kids to see Despicable Me 3. It was good, and the kids really seemed to enjoy it. And then we had friends over for a fire Monday night.
Tuesday we had a pretty laidback day. We cooked on the grill and did some things around the house, and ended up going for ice cream after dinner. Now, time to get back to the regular routine.
And since today is Wednesday, it’s time for WiPPet Wednesday!! This week I have 13 paragraphs(5+7+1 bonus for the holiday) from Still Burning. Last week, Austin & Jess mentioned her dad. So, I figured this week, I’d share a snippet that actually featured him. He’ll probably feature a good bit in this since she does work for him. And they do have a pretty close family. This is pretty much right after Austin has left.
“Jess,” her father bellowed just as she reached the ladder.
She hunched her shoulders. Great. Not like it was her fault Austin had stopped by. She hadn’t even talked to him for more than five minutes probably. They took longer water breaks than that every couple hours.
She tried to push aside her worries as she strode over to him. “What’s up, Pops?” she asked when she reached the steps to the job trailer.
He scowled down at her from the top of the steps. But, she saw a twinkle in his eyes. “Was that Austin who stopped by?”
“Sure was. He just got out of work. Is it a problem? I sent him on his way quick enough.”
That extinguished the twinkle. “I’m not worried about that, Jess. People stop by, it’s not something you can control. And he’s a nice boy.”
A nice boy. Right. Opposite of her in every way. “Then, what’s the problem?”
“I didn’t say there was one.”
“Except you bellowed for me.”
He threw his head back and laughed. “I do not bellow, that’s Tate you’re thinking of.”
“And where do you think he gets it from?”
“Smart ass,” he muttered, but he was still chuckling.
“It’s why you love me.”
Pretty sure that’s not the only reason, Jess, even if you don’t see it.
And my progress during this first full week of July:
- Heart of Christmas – 10000 words – 2129/10000 words, 1860 this week
- Still Burning – 10000 words – 2373/10000 words, 1973 this week
- Whatever It Takes – 10000 words – 1606/10000 words, 1340 this week
- High on Loving You – 10000 words – 1572/10000 words, 1353 this week
- By the Gun – 10000 words – 1502/10000 words, 1232 this week
- Side Projects – 10000 words – 873/10000 words, 873 this week
- Stained Blood – Beta edits – Chapter 1/26, 0 this month
- Flames of Renewal – CP edits –
- In the Moonlight – Read Through & Revise – Read through Chapter 2/32
- Hang On – Polish & Submit
- Listen: 5 books – 1/5
Bitterblue(Kristin Cashore)– Started this last Monday morning. Finished it Wednesday morning. Loved it.
- The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue(Mackenzi Lee) – downloaded this Wednesday morning. Didn’t actually start it yet, though.
- Read: 30 books – 4/30, 2 this week
- How to Date Dead Guys(Ann M. Noser) – Started this Saturday night. Got to 34% but really didn’t care about any of it. So decided to set it aside.
Speak No Evil(Allison Brennan)– Started this Sunday afternoon. Finished this Monday night. Really enjoyed it. Knit Tight(Annabeth Albert)– Started this Monday night. Finished it Tuesday afternoon. Really enjoyed it.
- Taking him On(Debbie McGowan) – Started this Tuesday evening. At 26%