Not much to report after Wednesday. Thursday was a pretty good(okay, really good) writing day for me. Friday I got a good bit plotted while it rained all day. Friday night we went out to get groceries so got home a little late. Saturday morning my husband dropped the kids off with his mom, came home, we got on the bike and headed up for the 10th annual Mike Crotty memorial ride. Mike was a firefighter at one of the departments up in Erie and died in 2008. 2 months later, they had the first ride in memory of him and for the National Fallen Firefighter Association. It was a beautiful day for the ride. Two years ago we got drenched. Last year was really nice but hot. This year was pretty much perfect. We cut off a little early since we had to get the kids from my mother-in-law. Then, we ended up having a fire at home(in the fire ring out in the yard!) and invited a couple friends. The kids don’t usually have 4 other kids to play with. I haven’t got as much done this weekend as I’d planned, and we have our monthly meeting with the club we ride with this afternoon, so I probably won’t get caught up today, but that’s fine. I’ll get to everything eventually.
- High on Your Love –
Back stories, Plot summaries, Story Toolkit, Outline – Through Act 1 Beat Sheet. Section 14/18. And while doing the locations worksheet, I realized I never named the diner that appears in, I think, every story in this series(5 novels & 2 novellas so far, only the 1st published). It’s a small town and there is only 1 diner, so it’s always just been referred to as “the diner”. But, I figured it was time to give it a name. Guess I’ll have to go back and work that in to the others before I do publish them.
- Jayla & Carisa –
Plot summaries, Story Toolkit, Outline – Through Romance Arc worksheet. Section 9/18 I had to change a few things in this section, like where some things listed Hero & Shero. So now it’s Shero1 & Shero2. 🙂
- Heart of Christmas(BC Security #3.5) –
Add 8000 words– 8066/8000 words, 3944 words this week – I will still be working on this next week even though I’ve met the goal for the month.
- He didn’t, but he didn’t see the point in arguing about it with Niall. He couldn’t argue that point with Declan either, seeing as he seemed to treat his stepdaughter as if she was his own blood. Not that Caelen would truly have any idea what that looked like. He didn’t scream at her, even when she’d done something she wasn’t supposed to. Hadn’t once raised a hand to her that Caelen had seen. And hadn’t walked out on her as Caelen’s own mother had done. Maybe that’s exactly what loving your own child looked like.
- Still Burning(Hunter Family #4) –
Add 10000 words– 10223/10000 words, 4033 words this week
- “What happens when you get caught cutting corners,” she muttered. They’d had to tear down right to the foundation. She wasn’t going to build on to a shoddy start.
Not Meant to Be(Gilbert, Co #6) – finish 1st draft–
- By the Gun – Add 8000 words – 6217/8000 words, 1988 words this week
- “I don’t know how to do this,” he admitted. “I don’t know where to go, or what to do, or how to live without her.”
- Side Projects –
Add 9000 words between them– 13244/9000 words, 3724 words this week
- Preggers – 335 words – That wasn’t what she wanted. Not unless Lyndi wanted to go with her. And she certainly wasn’t going to hold out hope for that.
- Roman – 389 words – Tereza jerked away from him, nearly losing her balance. Roman wanted to reach out to steady her, but she obviously had a problem with him touching her. He would respect that. Instead of drawing attention to her reaction, he just took down three of the plates and set them on the counter for her and moved toward the cupboard containing glasses.
- Midas’ Daughter – 340 words – Murray’s face had gone red at Flip’s comment, but his eyes looked worried. And for the same reason Flip knew he could never have anything with Calla, as much as he wished it. Mr. Midas wanted everyone single and wholly devoted to him.
- Patrick & Sarah – 303 words – The man was awfully familiar with her, but she didn’t look happy with that fact. “I am not,” she insisted.
- Hawk – 225 words – “Not gonna go run and hide, boys,” he’d said. “Haven’t done it once in my life. Not gonna start now.” So, he was probably opening the bookstore even now.
- Jared’s Stepfather – 415 words – Tears slid unheeded down his sister’s cheeks. “Where are we gonna go?” she asked him. “We’ll have to go back, and he’ll be even madder then.”
- Dougal & Shae – 366 words – “No, my boy,” their father–he’d introduced himself as Conal–said. “All my children know friends are always as welcome in this house as family. Sometimes they simply forget,” he said with a look at Shae, “or use it to their advantage in a pointless sibling rivalry.” He shot a glance at Donovan then.
- Tavin & Haiwee – 281 words – Rage boiled through him at that, and he took another step forward. “You will not put a hand on her, you dirty rotten-“
- Sean & Braeden – 346 words – And there went that steel rod right across Braeden’s shoulders again. Bloody fecking hell. It was never supposed to be this way. *Aw, Sean, you two are breaking my heart, and I’ve just started this story.
- Jacob & Matthew – 208 words – “You want me to leave?” Matthew asked, a crooked smile on his face. “Ride out of town until tomorrow morning? You going to rent me a horse so I can do that?”
- Mike & Fadil – 516 words – He’d grown up like that, only his rival had been alcohol.
- Stained Blood – beta edits – edited Chapter 1/26(counting the epilogue as a chapter of its own).
- Flames of Renewal – CP edits – still waiting, but I should have this soon.
In the Moonlight – Pre-revisions & 1st Revisions– This is done until I start the read through in July.
- One Touch(formerly Snow White Twist) –
Beta edits, Polish, & Submit – 10/10 chapters revised. I’d hoped to have it submitted this weekend, but doesn’t look like that will happen. Dance with the Devil – Polish 6 chapters– Polished 6/6 chapters
- Mason & Lila – Polish & Post to Patreon – 15/50 polished. I’d hoped to have this ready to post today, but again, doesn’t look like that will happen.
- Listen: 5 books – 3/5, 0 this week
- The Mummy Case(Elizabeth Peters) – Started this Thursday. On Chapter 10/13
- Read: 30 books – 26/30, 7 this week
- Hiding Behind the Couch – Box Set One(Debbie McGowan) – Read through Beginnings, Ruminations, Hiding Behind the Couch, & No Time Like the Present. Almost through The Harder They Fall. Should at least finish it today. Finished 4/7
Full Disclosure(Kat Morrisey)– Started this Monday morning. It’s my CP’s second book, and I’ve been so looking forward to getting to it. This is about the third version of the story I’ve read, and I’d say it’s the best one. I finished reading it Monday afternoon and loved it. Dangerous Attraction(Sidney Bristol)– Started this Monday evening. Finished it Tuesday afternoon. Enjoyed it. Off Base(Annabeth Albert)– Started this Tuesday afternoon. Then I had to charge my kindle. Picked it back up closer to dinner time. Finished it Tuesday night. Really enjoyed this one. Too Hot to Handle(Victoria Dahl)– Started this Tuesday afternoon while my kindle was charging. Finished this Wednesday evening. Knit One, Girl Two(Shira Glassman)– Read this Wednesday evening. Really enjoyed this short read. It was so cute and sweet. End Game(Lindsay Buroker)– Started this Wednesday night. Finished it Friday afternoon. Loved it! This was the end of this series, but she’s written a spin-off of it as well. Fire Away(Becca Boyd)– Started this Friday afternoon. Finished it Friday night. A good bit bothered me about this one. I don’t know if I want to go into all of it. But basically the “hero” had been married to the “heroine’s” sister, but the sister died in a fire(and the hero is a firefighter). The heroine always had a crush on him, but hadn’t seen him for 10 years. But, now they’ve reconnected and she’s “in love”(yes, i’m using lots of quotes, I know). Her sister’s case is re-opened and he’s brought in as a suspect because there’s new evidence(there really…wasn’t). And as they look into it themselves, they find that the sister had been cheating on him(he’d known already and of course had asked her for a divorce the same night as the fire). And is basically portrayed as a “dirty whore”(the author’s phrase) because she liked sex. And just…no. It was a short book, and didn’t feel like a lot of character development or development of the romance. So, needless to say, not continuing the series(this one was a free one). *Phew* Guess I did go into all of it, or just about.