The end of the round is technically tomorrow, so that’s when I’ll take a look at my round goals. But, today’s the last official check-in, so here I am with progress. A good bit of it at that. not much else to report really. It’s been a fairly laidback start to the week.
But, first, I’m sure some of you are here for WiPPet Wednesday. I’m working on By the Gun today. Words are coming a little slow, but at least they are coming. It’s a little hard to shift from yesterday’s fluffy Christmas story to today’s death and destruction. And I decided to switch to working on Hawk’s story(this will be novella #5 in my Riders of Justice series), one of my side projects. So, I’m actually going to share a snippet from that today. I have 9 paragraphs(6+2+1) from the end of the first chapter. I usually share from these stories for the Weekend Writing Warriors blog hop so this may end up there soon as well.
His gaze shot past me to the truck, but Mr. Bentley hadn’t come out yet. He looked back at me. This was something we’d been trying to work past as well. He was mostly okay with the other Riders seeing us being affectionate, but with anyone else around, he reverted to his old state, of trying to pretend we were only friends.
I wish he never had to do that. But, I knew it could be hard to leave behind armor that had always done well protecting you.
So I held myself back from kissing him, even though I wanted to do it more than anything else at the moment. I couldn’t be the one to make the move. Damon just stared into my eyes, though.
Then, from the truck, Mr. Bentley shouted, “Jeez, boy, just kiss him already and put him out of his misery.”
I grinned even as Damon flushed a dark red. “Maybe you should listen to him,” I said. “He’s a wise, old man.”
“Hey!” Mr. Bentley shouted. “I heard that.”
He had to be at least in his seventies, probably closer to eighty, but he’d always hated being called old. Damon chuckled under his breath then leaned forward and pressed his lips lightly to mine. When he started to pull back, I grabbed his head. “You fucker. That’s just a tease,” I said and pulled him back to me.
We kissed until I heard Mr. Bentley say, “Damn boys. You know there’s no fan in here, and this place could go up like a tinderbox if you raise the heat anymore.”
I laughed and pulled back. Damon’s cheeks were still red, but he was grinning, too. And the tension between us, now that he knew Mr. Bentley was okay with us, had eased. We shouldn’t have a problem making it to when we could leave again and retrieve our bikes.
I love writing about these big, tough bikers(also both former Marines) who are totally gone over each other. 🙂
- High on Your Love –
Back stories, Plot summaries, Story Toolkit, Outline – Through Character Arc worksheet. Section 8/18
- Jayla & Carisa –
Plot summaries, Story Toolkit, Outline – Through Romance Arc worksheet. Section 9/18
- Heart of Christmas(BC Security #3.5) –
Add 8000 words– 8066/8000 words, 3944 words this week – I will still be working on this next week even though I’ve met the goal for the month.
- He didn’t, but he didn’t see the point in arguing about it with Niall. He couldn’t argue that point with Declan either, seeing as he seemed to treat his stepdaughter as if she was his own blood. Not that Caelen would truly have any idea what that looked like. He didn’t scream at her, even when she’d done something she wasn’t supposed to. Hadn’t once raised a hand to her that Caelen had seen. And hadn’t walked out on her as Caelen’s own mother had done. Maybe that’s exactly what loving your own child looked like.
- Still Burning(Hunter Family #4) – Add 10000 words – 6190/10000 words,
Not Meant to Be(Gilbert, Co #6) – finish 1st draft–
- By the Gun – Add 8000 words – 4561/8000 words, 332 words this week
- Side Projects –
Add 9000 words between them– 11112/9000 words, 1592 words this week
- Preggers – 335 words – That wasn’t what she wanted. Not unless Lyndi wanted to go with her. And she certainly wasn’t going to hold out hope for that.
- Roman – 389 words – Tereza jerked away from him, nearly losing her balance. Roman wanted to reach out to steady her, but she obviously had a problem with him touching her. He would respect that. Instead of drawing attention to her reaction, he just took down three of the plates and set them on the counter for her and moved toward the cupboard containing glasses.
- Midas’ Daughter – 340 words – Murray’s face had gone red at Flip’s comment, but his eyes looked worried. And for the same reason Flip knew he could never have anything with Calla, as much as he wished it. Mr. Midas wanted everyone single and wholly devoted to him.
- Patrick & Sarah – 303 words – The man was awfully familiar with her, but she didn’t look happy with that fact. “I am not,” she insisted.
- Hawk – 225 words – “Not gonna go run and hide, boys,” he’d said. “Haven’t done it once in my life. Not gonna start now.” So, he was probably opening the bookstore even now.
- Stained Blood – beta edits – edited Chapter 1/26(counting the epilogue as a chapter of its own).
- Flames of Renewal – CP edits – still waiting, but I should have this soon.
In the Moonlight – Pre-revisions & 1st Revisions– This is done until I start the read through in July.
- One Touch(formerly Snow White Twist) –
Beta edits, Polish, & Submit – 10/10 chapters revised. Dance with the Devil – Polish 6 chapters– Polished 6/6 chapters
- Listen: 5 books – 3/5, this week
- The Mummy Case(Elizabeth Peters) – Started this Thursday. On Chapter 7/13
- Read: 30 books – 22/30, 3 this week
- Hiding Behind the Couch – Box Set One(Debbie McGowan) – Started this Sunday night. Picked it back up Thursday night. Read through Beginnings, Ruminations, Hiding Behind the Couch, & No Time Like the Present. About 1/3 through The Harder They Fall. Finished 4/7
Full Disclosure(Kat Morrisey)– Started this Monday morning. It’s my CP’s second book, and I’ve been so looking forward to getting to it. This is about the third version of the story I’ve read, and I’d say it’s the best one. I finished reading it Monday afternoon and loved it. Dangerous Attraction(Sidney Bristol)– Started this Monday evening. Finished it Tuesday afternoon. Enjoyed it. Off Base(Annabeth Albert)– Started this Tuesday afternoon. Then I had to charge my kindle. Picked it back up closer to dinner time. Finished it Tuesday night. Really enjoyed this one.
- Too Hot to Handle(Victoria Dahl) – Started this Tuesday afternoon while my kindle was charging. On page 50/312