I’d almost, kind of forgotten that today is Father’s Day. Maybe on purpose. It’s the day that all my mixed-up, bitter feelings rise up to the surface. Now, my dad isn’t a “bad guy”. And I do have good memories, mostly from before my parents got divorced. After that, it was like I wasn’t important to him unless it was convenient for him. It took me a while to realize just how much it hurt me. There’s a reason my stepdad was the one to walk me down the aisle when I got married. And probably why I have a tendency to write more blended families.
Wednesday afternoon, my mother-in-law came and picked the kids and me up and took us up to a book sale. It had been going on all week, but on Wednesday, the books went to half price. And I bought 11 books for $3.25. On the way home, we stopped at Walmart because she needed to get floor mats for her new car. Since it was getting later, plus too hot to cook, I grabbed a roasted chicken(and some strawberries just because), to have for dinner.
Yesterday we had my husband’s 20th class reunion(I’ve been out 14 years, and my class still hasn’t had a reunion). It was down at the town’s ballpark. And it was hot out. And there ere a bunch of people here that I didn’t know. And my anxiety was already up. Oh, yeah, tons of fun. I spent a good part of it reading on my phone to keep myself sane.
And as far as being ahead of myself(as I reported on Wednesday), by Wednesday night, I was pretty much done with everything on Thursday’s list(other than workout and getting dinner ready). So, it’s definitely been a good week. But, I’m going to rework how I handle my daily routine. I’ll keep my goals the way they are, but I think instead of moving on to the next day when I finish everything, I’ll keep working on that day’s project and just count it as a bonus.
- High on Your Love –
Back stories, Plot summaries, Story Toolkit, Outline – Through Character Arc worksheet 8/18
- Jayla & Carisa –
Plot summaries, Story Toolkit, Outline – Wrote up plot summaries Sunday night and typed them Monday. Started the Story Toolkit. Got through Major Plot Points worksheet 4/18
- Heart of Christmas(BC Security #3.5) – Add 8000 words – 4122/8000 words, 2425 words this week
- As he walked out, Alaina turned her gaze to her brother. “You know, sometimes I forget I love you and really start to hate you.” Then, she pushed away from the table as well and followed Caelen. *looks like someone’s overprotectiveness just backfired on him.
- Still Burning(Hunter Family #4) – Add 10000 words – 6190/10000 words, 1761 words this week
- Austin watched as the volunteer department’s engine pulled away. “I just wish I knew why she hated me.” The words spilled out before he could catch them.
Not Meant to Be(Gilbert, Co #6) – finish 1st draft–
- By the Gun – Add 8000 words – 4229/8000 words, 2215 words this week
- His oldest son, always so strong and steady, broke down into tears then.
- Side Projects –
Add 9000 words between them– 9520/9000 words, 4054 words this week
- Sean & Braeden – 216 words – Braeden dropped his gaze almost instantly, which sent a rock tumbling into Sean’s stomach. That was probably his own fault. He shouldn’t have let Braeden’s reaction to that stupid kiss send him running. But, how could he see him every day with Braeden had made his feelings clear? *Oh, I don’t think they’re all that clear, Sean. 😉
- Hawk – 275 words – “It’s my father,” I said, after swallowing the huge lump in my throat. “Yesterday he tried to kill me.”
- Mike & Fadil – 1009(about 750 of these were copied from a piece I wrote during May). “I know. I’m not saying you should regret anything, Mike. I’m just saying you should stop looking back. You have a daughter, but that doesn’t mean you don’t have a future.”
- Patrick & Sarah – 324 words – That changed things, at least as far as Patrick was concerned. It would have been one thing to him if Sarah had wanted the man here. But, he would not let someone get away with abusing her.
- Roman – 202 words – And that had totally not been what he’d expected. He’d thought Carlos would be more worried about himself, not some young girl he’d been using. So, maybe it wasn’t what he’d thought. Maybe he’d made assumptions he shouldn’t have. He was going to have to figure that out.
- Dougal & Shae – 258 words – But, as she took a few more steps down, she saw that she’d been wrong. He was here. Her gaze shot back to Donovan. And his smirk turned to a full-out grin. That damn, dirty bastard. *Oh, yeah, Shae is not happy with her brother & this little set-up.
- Preggers – 240 words – Lyndi snickered when the waitress had left. “Damn, she’s gotten good since the last time I was in here. Her older sister made passive-aggression an art form. I wasn’t sure Missy had the knack for it, though.”
- Midas’ Daughter – 232 words – Murray just raised one eyebrow. Right. Like Mr. Midas would ever leave every detail entirely to anyone else. Even his own daughter. Maybe especially his own daughter.
- Jared’s Stepfather(no clue what I’ll actually title this, but some of Jared & Denise’s shared back story that may make it on my Patreon) – 215 words – No, Jared had always done the running there. Not anymore. Not with Denise’s safety at stake. Obviously her father couldn’t be trusted with that. No, he was using her for his own gains.
- Tavin & Haiwee – 227 words – But, apparently what his brother’s wife had told him once was true. You really could not help how you felt.
- Jacob & Matthew – 334 words – Jacob turned quickly from the driver and moved to the departing passengers. Maybe he’d been wrong. Maybe it had only looked like Matthew.
- Hang On – 522 words – He spun away, paced a few steps then came back, his face only inches from mine. “No. There isn’t,” he said through his teeth. “It’s you, Aidan. It has always been you. Only you.” *And this is DONE!! I have loved writing these boys, now to polish them up and send them off. 😀
- Stained Blood – beta edits – edited Chapter 1/26(counting the epilogue as a chapter of its own).
- Flames of Renewal – CP edits – still waiting, but I should have this soon.
In the Moonlight – Pre-revisions & 1st Revisions– finished 4 scenes(added 2623 words). Decided to leave chapters how I have them for now(switching to a new chapter when POV switches between Yasmin & Nola – which means some are a bit longer than others). I’ll see how the pace seems when I do my read through, which I think will be in July.
- One Touch(formerly Snow White Twist) – Beta edits, Polish, & Submit – contacted 2nd beta reader Sunday night. We chatted about it Friday night, and I got an email Saturday morning. 😀 Have all comments in one document now and will probably start edits today.
- Dance with the Devil – Polish 6 chapters – Polished 5/6 chapters
- Listen: 5 books – 3/5, 1 this week
Blood and Betrayal(Lindsay Buroker)– Started this Friday morning. Finished it Wednesday night. Next one isn’t up on audible yet. 😦
- The Mummy Case(Elizabeth Peters) – Started this Thursday.
- Read: 30 books – 19/30, 6 this week
Hellbent(Cynthia/Sara Rayne)– Started this Saturday night. Finished it Sunday evening. Really enjoyed it.
- Hiding Behind the Couch – Box Set One(Debbie McGowan) – Started this Sunday night. Picked it back up Thursday night. Read through Beginnings, Ruminations, & Hiding Behind the Couch. About 2/3 through No Time Like the Present. Hoping to finish at least that one today. Finished 3/7
Delivered Fast(Annabeth Albert)– Started this Monday evening. Finished it Tuesday morning. Liked it. Was about to give up on these books, due to same reasons as an earlier rant(basically in the six books of hers I’ve read – from 2 different series- the word bisexual hasn’t even been used. And it’s been bothering me). But I read a review of the next book and apparently one of the characters(who was a side character in this one) is bi, so I’ll give it a little longer and see how that one is(and it was only .99 so I bought it already). This Savage Song(Victoria Schwab)– Started this Tuesday afternoon. Finished it Wednesday night. This was definitely…different. But, I really enjoyed it. Hard to Be Good(Laura Kaye)– Started this Wednesday night. This is a novella in her Hard Ink series and is Jeremy & Charlie’s story, which we’ve seen start to unfold in the other books. I’ve been really looking forward to getting to it. And really enjoyed it. Evidence of Trust(Stacey Joy Netzel)– Read this one Thursday afternoon. Liked it. Firebird(Annabel Joseph)– Started this Thursday evening. Finished it Thursday night. It was okay.