On Sunday, we had my niece’s birthday party. Got groceries, came home and put air conditioners in the window. And thank goodness for that. Apparently even 75F in the house is even too hot for me(I used to let it get to 80 before I’d turn the air conditioner on. My tolerance for heat seems to keep getting less and less).
Monday I had my goals for the day finished around lunch time. Part of that is because I only had two plotting goals for my writing time, 1 of which I got to Sunday night), also the book I was going to read I ended up setting aside because I just didn’t care, it wasn’t drawing me in. So, I had most of Tuesday’s goals done by the time I went to bed Monday night. The same was true for Tuesday(in fact I’m writing this up Tuesday evening). in fact, I had all my writing goals and everything else except picking up the yard(too hot outside) and getting dinner ready for Wednesday done before I went to bed Tuesday.
I was looking through the things the kids brought home from school, including some of the boy’s writing. And found this little “book” he wrote, “The Lost Puppy”(or Pupe as he spelled it). Here’s 2 pages from it:
But, it’s Wednesday now(ok, it will be by the time this posts), which means WiPPet Wednesday!!!! This week, I have 5 paragraphs from Still Burning. This is from the first chapter, and they’re at a picnic at Jess’ parents’ house. The baby is her twin brother’s new daughter. And you may recognize some familiar names. 😉
“I rescued her from the rookie,” Mark said as they reached the table. It should look strange, that bundle wrapped in a pink blanket nestled in his tattooed arms. But, it didn’t, not even with him holding the bottle of milk in one hand.
Nolan laughed. “You make it sound so altruistic. And when are you going to stop calling Austin a rookie? He’s been with the department more than two years.”
Mark shrugged one shoulder. “Ah, he’s still a baby. And he is a rookie on the squad. Same with Brooke,” he said, raising his voice slightly.
Jeremiah Brooke jerked his head toward them then grinned when we realized Mark was ribbing him. His boyfriend, Silas, came up beside him along with their girlfriend, Corrin. She didn’t get that. She couldn’t even keep one man in her life, let alone balance two of them.
She wasn’t romantic enough. She’d been told that enough times. Fuck romance. She liked sex plenty, but once someone started getting all lovey-dovey she was done.
Writing a romance about someone who doesn’t care for romance, this could be interesting. Especially since I don’t want it to turn into a “she was just waiting for the right person” situation.
Now on to my progress for the week so far.
- High on Your Love –
Back stories, Plot summaries, Story Toolkit, Outline –
- Jayla & Carisa –
Plot summaries, Story Toolkit, Outline – Wrote up plot summaries Sunday night and typed them Monday. Started the Story Toolkit. Got through Initial Concept & started on World Building
- Heart of Christmas(BC Security #3.5) – Add 8000 words – 4122/8000 words, 2425 words this week
- As he walked out, Alaina turned her gaze to her brother. “You know, sometimes I forget I love you and really start to hate you.” Then, she pushed away from the table as well and followed Caelen. *looks like someone’s overprotectiveness just backfired on him.
- Still Burning(Hunter Family #4) – Add 10000 words – 6190/10000 words, 1761 words this week
- Austin watched as the volunteer department’s engine pulled away. “I just wish I knew why she hated me.” The words spilled out before he could catch them.
Not Meant to Be(Gilbert, Co #6) – finish 1st draft–
- By the Gun – Add 8000 words – 2014/8000 words
- Side Projects – Add 9000 words between them – 7990/9000 words, 2524 words this week
- Sean & Braeden – 216 words – Braeden dropped his gaze almost instantly, which sent a rock tumbling into Sean’s stomach. That was probably his own fault. He shouldn’t have let Braeden’s reaction to that stupid kiss send him running. But, how could he see him every day with Braeden had made his feelings clear? *Oh, I don’t think they’re all that clear, Sean. 😉
- Hawk – 275 words – “It’s my father,” I said, after swallowing the huge lump in my throat. “Yesterday he tried to kill me.”
- Mike & Fadil – 1009(about 750 of these were copied from a piece I wrote during May). “I know. I’m not saying you should regret anything, Mike. I’m just saying you should stop looking back. You have a daughter, but that doesn’t mean you don’t have a future.”
- Patrick & Sarah – 324 words – That changed things, at least as far as Patrick was concerned. It would have been one thing to him if Sarah had wanted the man here. But, he would not let someone get away with abusing her.
- Roman – 202 words – And that had totally not been what he’d expected. He’d thought Carlos would be more worried about himself, not some young girl he’d been using. So, maybe it wasn’t what he’d thought. Maybe he’d made assumptions he shouldn’t have. He was going to have to figure that out.
- Dougal & Shae – 258 words – But, as she took a few more steps down, she saw that she’d been wrong. He was here. Her gaze shot back to Donovan. And his smirk turned to a full-out grin. That damn, dirty bastard. *Oh, yeah, Shae is not happy with her brother & this little set-up.
- Preggers – 240 words – Lyndi snickered when the waitress had left. “Damn, she’s gotten good since the last time I was in here. Her older sister made passive-aggression an art form. I wasn’t sure Missy had the knack for it, though.”
- Stained Blood – beta edits – edited Chapter 1/26(counting the epilogue as a chapter of its own).
- Flames of Renewal – CP edits – still waiting
In the Moonlight – Pre-revisions & 1st Revisions– finished 4 scenes(added 2623 words). Decided to leave chapters how I have them for now(switching to a new chapter when POV switches between Yasmin & Nola – which means some are a bit longer than others). I’ll see how the pace seems when I do my read through, which I think will be in July.
- One Touch(formerly Snow White Twist) – Beta edits, Polish, & Submit – contacted 2nd beta reader Sunday night. Hoping to have it back from her soon.
- Dance with the Devil – Polish 6 chapters – Polished 4/6 chapters
- Listen: 5 books – 2/5
- Blood and Betrayal(Lindsay Buroker) – Started this Friday morning. On Chapter 20/25. I’ll probably finish it today or tomorrow.
- Read: 30 books – 15/30, 2 this week
Hellbent(Cynthia/Sara Rayne)– Started this Saturday night. Finished it Sunday evening. Really enjoyed it.
- Hiding Behind the Couch – Box Set One(Debbie McGowan) – Started this Sunday night but didn’t get too far yet.
Delivered Fast(Annabeth Albert)– Started this Monday evening. Finished it Tuesday morning. Liked it. Was about to give up on these books, due to same reasons as an earlier rant(basically in the six books of hers I’ve read – from 2 different series- the word bisexual hasn’t even been used. And it’s been bothering me). But I read a review of the next book and apparently one of the characters(who was a side character in this one) is bi, so I’ll give it a little longer and see how that one is(and it was only .99 so I bought it all ready).
- This Savage Song(Victoria Schwab) – Started this Tuesday afternoon. At 12%